• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Curious where warrior is going. My guess is we get Saurfang as our legendary and he'll have lifesteal, taunt and an enrage that summons bloodboils.

Thematically "10 fantastic cards" just makes deck building hard lol

scarlet

So far the cards I like from this set are these two

636368468902461831.png

Pooya

that works like that hunter card from gvg. It's pretty bad. Apprentice was bad too, these are just pack filler. Glad they're for mage. Hopefully all of their spells are packfiller, we haven't seen any yet.

Peléo

Glacial Shard seems superior in almost every way. Has anti-synergy with the Herocard, since your goal is to kill them. Maybe if you really need extra freeze effects in an elemental deck.

TankUP

That might be true. We will have to wait and see. It's pretty frustrating, though. This also means I can't do things like Dreadsteed + double Sacrificial Pact against aggro on the same turn, or pop Mortal Coils while also getting a Dreadsteed trade. It hurts the card in a lot of ways. I wish they would try to find another solution. Even if they just limited each Dreadsteed to 2 resurrects a turn, it would have most of its flexibility.

I feel bad that I kept throwing reasons at you why it's okay that Dreadsteed was changed instead of empathizing with you that a deck you enjoy was killed. I've had decks I like sacrificed to the god called "design space" and while I understand why its necessary, doesn't mean it doesn't feel bad.

Only bright side is every expansion brings new decks and new experiences. I know you have some odd ideas about the default hero portrait for Priest, but you've got to be excited that they seem to be making an effort to push Shadow Priest. Heck, I don't even like Priest and yet the Priest Hero is one of the ones I'm most looking forward to seeing.

Pooya

that's pretty good. I'm happy I have the warlock quest right now but it probably won't be necessary.

edit: it's fake? meh. they probably have to print something similar to this for discards to be any good.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
that's pretty good. I'm happy I have the warlock quest right now but it probably won't be necessary.

edit: it's fake? meh. they probably have to print something similar to this for discards to be any good.

It's not even that powerful an effect. Worse than nzoth for sure. Discover a spell hero power is obviously op though.

Lost an arena game to double vinecleaver. That was annoying. You're taking 4 damage to face while the tokens could be buffed at any time. Plus he played around my counter spell and got spikeridged down.

I wonder if Ice Walker will have synergy with other classes hero powers like Fallen Hero did.

Edit: Baseline Hunter and Warlock hero powers wouldn't work because they don't actually target anything, whoops.

With Dinomancy you'd just get screwed over. Can't forget Steamweedle Sniper though!

Then you have Priests where you'd have some interesting choices.

There's also Charged Hammer in Shaman too.

All of those are really unlikely though of course. The one which is mostly likely to happen is with Priest because of Potion of Madness.

wiibomb

Poor warlocks.

Blizzard desperately wants to make discard locks a thing.

And they surely will if the hero card makes it possible. The only bad thing about discardlock is the fact that they have no way to access to those discarded cards.

Discardlock is actually a deck to watch imo, with needed tools it can become too
powerful.

Imagine discovering or bringing back bloodqueen lana'thel 2 times.

And they surely will if the hero card makes it possible. The only bad thing about discardlock is the fact that they have no way to access to those discarded cards.

Discardlock is actually a deck to watch imo, with needed tools it can become too
powerful.

Imagine discovering or bringing back bloodqueen lana'thel 2 times.

There is that 6 Mana from un goro card with deathrattle summon a discarded minion

wiibomb

There is that 6 Mana from un goro card with deathrattle summon a discarded minion

And I think that card is powerful, but just 1 tool to try your luck at just 1 minion isn't enough. Even worse if that card is discarded.

If the hero card has something like "hero power: put a discarded card in your hand" watch out for warlocks.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Blade Flurry nerf has not been justified, I agree.

Dreadsteed nerf is caused by the exact card revealed today. That it is only in Wild doesn't matter, since the interaction between the new card (which we all like) and Dreadsteed quite literally breaks the game. Any card that has potential for infinite combos eventually has to be changed in some way. Auctioneer and Jade Idol, IMO, are not long for this world as printed.

Yep. It comes down to an argument between people who want infinite combos in the game, and people like me who don't.

I'm so glad the HS team agrees with my side of the argument!

Hycran

Banned
One of these days I'll have to craft Harrison.

I unpacked a golden one a long time ago as my third golden legendary. I didn't dust it even though I have the normal one as well. It's such a good card and can be basically teched into any deck with little impact. If you know about the Meta, its easy to know when to drop Harrison, particularly against hunter, paladin and warrior, but everyone knows Mage is running Medivh, and even priest and druid have been running medivh as well. Shit, if warlock becomes popular again maybe Jaraxxus will show up as well.

I think a time is fast approaching when cards like Harrison and even the Black Knight will be tech staples.

They didn't hard code a limit for Grim Patron, they hard coded a limit in general.

A good reason for changing Dreadsteed is that it would force it to go to the max limit every time the two cards are used together, where Grim Patron at least needs some setup (And this may not be the only card that this impacts, infinite resummon screws with any other card that does something infinitely).

I think if anything Grim Patron and this card will prove to be problematic still and likely result in player's turns being skipped.
They hard coded the limit for Grim Patron.

Dreadsteed is so uncommon this isn't even an issue.

Hunter even with all the cards available to them is still playing the same shit in Wild that they have always played. It's a badly designed class and always will be until they do something about it. Meanwhile other classes are playing multiple archetypes in Wild spanning combos, control, grinder/fatigue, aggro, midrange etc.

In Wild if you queue up into a class, you don't know what deck they have and that's interesting.. unless it's Hunter then you know they are going to start with over powered 1 drop beast into overpowered 2 drop beasts into a bunch of bull shit Deathrattles to curve out with and hit your face.

The sad part is that this new Hunter Death Knight is the first card I have seen that actively promotes control hunter... the problem is that at least in Standard it's just going to be beat by a regular Hunter deck instead. Maybe in Wild that Death Knight card get some use but even then it's difficult.
You had a positive winrate with Control Hunter last night!

Unless people specify otherwise discussions will generally revolve around standard. I was into wild myself after NZoth Paladin got countered hard a couple weeks into OG but that didn't give the mode any relevance. It's an afterthought for Blizzard, surrounding orgs and content creators as well as most of the playerbase.

Standard could be better, 2 classes being entirely non-existent on ladder this long is inexcusable. Hunter in particular has been practically dead since Gadgetzan, which is especially damning having been the go to budget class.

I consider everything among the listed cards but Keeper bad. They are very situational removal that need several concessions to be effective. Those aren't the same tools but they serve the same function in unique class specific ways.

Druid doesn't need mulch right now because it's doing 2 distinct game breaking things.
I only play Wild, so I will only talk about Wild. Feel free to block me if you don't like it.

I feel bad that I kept throwing reasons at you why it's okay that Dreadsteed was changed instead of empathizing with you that a deck you enjoy was killed. I've had decks I like sacrificed to the god called "design space" and while I understand why its necessary, doesn't mean it doesn't feel bad.

Only bright side is every expansion brings new decks and new experiences. I know you have some odd ideas about the default hero portrait for Priest, but you've got to be excited that they seem to be making an effort to push Shadow Priest. Heck, I don't even like Priest and yet the Priest Hero is one of the ones I'm most looking forward to seeing.
It's all good man.

I don't think my ideas are odd. :p I am not going to hold my breath on Shadowpriest. I get my hopes up too much. :/

Yep. It comes down to an argument between people who want infinite combos in the game, and people like me who don't.

I'm so glad the HS team agrees with my side of the argument!
Exodia Mage. :)

gutshot

Interesting mechanic. Synergizes with any kind of buff, especially Grimy Goons. Also works to summon the 0/X totem cards. Maybe it could work in Paladin or Shaman. Probably not, but cool design either way.

TankUP

Maybe handbuff mech paladin will be a thing in wild. This card is garbo without buffs but do you really need the draw in a deck that has divine favor and could run fight promoter or that deathrattle 1 drop?

9eC4vqY.jpg

TankUP

The stats on Meat wagon are so bad you absolutely need to combine it with some kind of buff, and is the upside strong enough to justify having to run this and another card to make it playable? I don't see it.

sibarraz

Banned
The card doesnt have god stats, but some of his combos are cool, like power overhelming into doomguard, or the one showed in th video were rogue could summon ysera or malygos

Dahbomb

Meat Wagon is the Sergeant Sally of this set.
Sergeant Sally is actually decent, this card sucks.

1/4 for 4 mana is putrid stats, worse than basic card Gnomish Inventor. The only good cards you can pull with this are eggs.

Edit: Oh apparently it has synergy with buffs. But buffing doesn't guarantee that you will get exactly what you want. Seems like a clunky card in general.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's good enough to play without buffs in Shaman and probably nothing else. You can get Mana Tide, Flametongue, and Primalfin totems easy.

Anything else would need a buff or two to see dividends.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Forget Validated Doomsayer, what about regular Doomsayer?

"Surprise, motherfucka!"

I don't like it in Handbuff because it could pull something wienie like Grimestreet Outfitter. And I don't the totems are good enough to justify the cost in Shaman without buffs.

Top Bottom