• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

wiibomb

Forget Validated Doomsayer, what about regular Doomsayer?

"Surprise, motherfucka!"

I don't like it in Handbuff because it could pull something wienie like Grimestreet Outfitter. And I don't the totems are good enough to justify the cost in Shaman without buffs.

I would laugh so much...

I like the design, it might get some use with little combos like those.

I forget, does the summon text mean it removes the card from your deck?
Yes, the minion is taken out of the deck

Raxus

Mark my words meat wagon will be better than most give it credit for. Maybe not Caverns from Below good but still good.

Blizzard

Banned
Would anyone like to join a Frozen Throne Death Race challenge with me? When the expansion comes out here are my personal rules:

1. The rules only apply to ranked mode.
  2. The challenge ends when I reach rank 10 (or pick something lower if you're placed <= 14).
  3. I will only play decks that use BOTH of the first 2 legendaries I unpack from Frozen Throne.
  4. If both are class legendaries, I will only play decks that use at least 1 of these legendaries.

I am prepared for at least one to be a prince. >_>

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Meat Wagon seems inconsistent, you'd probably need to use a spell to buff it, because using cards like Abusive Sargeant would just increase the chance that you pull out a bad card. +4 attack into Malygos seems way too difficult to pull off, so I imagine that the card is mostly going to be used to pull 0-1 attack minions.

Schnauzer

I was thinking this might be good in a miracle priest build. Fun inner fire shenanigans. Buff paladin would be good as well. Heck rock bitter on it from shaman would work to....

Blizzard

Banned
It would be powerful if it was "1 less attack" or "exactly the same attack" since you could guarantee what you pull.

The problem with less attack is that even if you buff the attack, unless there's some sort of weighted probability thing, you'll likely end up pulling a 1-drop or 2-drop.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I was thinking this might be good in a miracle priest build. Fun inner fire shenanigans.
Why waste your inner fire on things like this? Better to just megabuff high HP minions. Cards like Meat Wagon are awful. Deathrattle cards with low attack values that lack taunt put no pressure on the board and the payoff for something like Meat Wagon just isn't there. Good luck trading it into anything effectively after placing it on the board.

Schnauzer

It's just a target you can play on curve buff up it's health then inner fire. It's good either way with priest cards. Just inagine him. Plus 3 health from minion inner fire get out one of your big threats for free. He's a decent target for priest and good pulling out things like light spawn that start at zero health and any health buff makes them a threat. Then you can buff there health and they don't need inner fire. There is a lot of untapped synergy.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's just a target you can play on curve buff up it's health then inner fire. It's good either way with priest cards. Just inagine him. Plus 3 health from minion inner fire get out one of your big threats for free. He's a decent target for priest and good pulling out things like light spawn that start at zero health and any health buff makes them a threat. Then you can buff there health and they don't need inner fire. There is a lot of untapped synergy.
It's not "free" though when you are blowing major spells on the Wagon. What are you even looking to pull? Priest barely runs minions, and the ones it does usually need to be played from hand like Medivh or Elise. Light Spawn is not really run but honestly it would be better to just drop that on the board and forget about the deathrattle.

Schnauzer

It's not "free" though when you are blowing major spells on the Wagon. What are you even looking to pull? Priest barely runs minions, and the ones it does usually need to be played from hand like Medivh or Elise. Light Spawn is not really run but honestly it would be better to just drop that on the board and forget about the deathrattle.

I play mostly priest throughout. I really believe you are underestimating the value and combo potential. It does require a combo of cards not currently played in the meta. So I can see why it wouldn't be obvious.

Mulgrok

Came up with a Druid ramp deck to finish a "play 8 mana minion" quest, and it is working super well. Wish I came up with it sooner. Also super fun.

qJdSXzr.png

I wonder what I could put in it to make it more fun. The only problem is if I don't draw ramp cards I am dead.

EDIT: maybe i should use Feral Rage instead of earthen scales.
EDIT2: forgot to mention that charged devilsaur is mvp for taking out doomsayers and taunts.

Tacitus_

Came up with a Druid ramp deck to finish a "play 8 mana minion" quest, and it is working super well. Wish I came up with it sooner. Also super fun.

I wonder what I could put in it to make it more fun. The only problem is if I don't draw ramp cards I am dead.

EDIT: maybe i should use Feral Rage instead of earthen scales.
EDIT2: forgot to mention that charged devilsaur is mvp for taking out doomsayers and taunts.

The Medivh is a bit curious. Do you ever get value out of it?

Pooya

buffing it won't help you pinpoint what it pulls, it only increases the range. I don't think that's worth investing in. You either use this to pull 0 attack cards or nothing, maybe there is something worth pulling with 0 attack....

like you can play it, it pulls alarm-o-bot and your opponent can't kill the bot, bam....

I like that deathrattle card despite the fact it's posted bigger than my monitor screen lol

It's definitely a good handbuff synergy card and I can see it also fitting in nzoth to pull out doomsayer. Hard to evaluate this card in a glance because it has separate functions in separate decks.

Dahbomb

Pirate Warrior tier 1 in Standard and tier 1 in Wild.

So when are we getting that Patches nerf again? Blizzard's attempt to counter the deck by putting in a ton of hate cards against PW (new Ooze, Golakka Crawler) has did little to stop its power level.

I think people are miss-evaluating the card. You can't look at it just as a stats heavy (or light) minion. This card draws and plays a card, like mad scientist or patches.

1/4 stats is 2 drop worth of stats.

Draw card is roughly 1.5 mana worth of stats.

Play card is variable.

It's slow to reach value, and it's low tempo, but the value is there. In the right deck, I think this card is very justified. It's playable imo.

IceMarker

Has anyone mentioned how good Fatespinner is with Egg Druid in Wild? There's no downside for your side of the board to picking either Deathrattle if you have 1 or 2 eggs on the board (assuming your opponent cannot pop the eggs first).

Finalow

first time I get 12 wins in arena, my highest was 8 I think. I didn't play that mode in years because I despise it and I just get excessively mad. free run though! I went for it and got my 12 wins. easy game easy gold
I was playing Rogue but I wasn't expecting to do too well, especially since I already had 2 losses after 3 wins.

basically got carried by Primordial Drake (insane card in arena) and Y'Shaarj. Bittertide Hydra and discovering an active Kazakus also won me a game.

Blizzard

Banned

So when are we getting that Patches nerf again? Blizzard's attempt to counter the deck by putting in a ton of hate cards against PW (new Ooze, Golakka Crawler) has did little to stop its power level.
Where do you get your current tier list from, out of curiosity?

I just wish it worked at rank 10. The amount of decks that I encounter which destroy it there, or the amount of times I get both crawler'd and anti-weapon'd in the first 2-3 turns was nuts when I attempted it.

Dahbomb

What's the Mana/turn count on that OTK?
2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8 mana combo.

Turn count depends on when you complete quest and have 2 Sorc Apprentice + 2 Moltens in your hand. You might get Moltens from Primordial Glyphs though.

Speaking of which, it's high time Primordial Glyph and Arcanologist got the nerf. That new Divine shield draw card looks like a joke next to Arcanologist (and it's still pretty good, just show you how insane Arcanologist is).

Where do you get your current tier list from, out of curiosity?
Vicious Syndicate:

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-57/

They also do Wild tier lists now.

wiibomb

I just discovered a really nice tracker for android, I guess I can now keep a better track of my plays. It also saves to HSReplays, so I can even go an watch back what I did.

PW is above 50 percent winrate so it's not on the nerf radar.

2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8 mana combo.

Turn count depends on when you complete quest and have 2 Sorc Apprentice + 2 Moltens in your hand. You might get Moltens from Primordial Glyphs though.

Speaking of which, it's high time Primordial Glyph and Arcanologist got the nerf. That new Divine shield draw card looks like a joke next to Arcanologist (and it's still pretty good, just show you how insane Arcanologist is).

Vicious Syndicate:

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-57/

They also do Wild tier lists now.
As OP as Arcanologist is I think HoFing Ice Block is enough, which is still a ways off though.
My preferred nerf to Glyph would be losing the ability to float mana. "Reduce its cost by 2 this turn"

Also you can combo off with 3 Sorc Apprentices hoping to draw into the 4th. Still 8 mana though

Dahbomb

PW is above 50 percent winrate so it's not on the nerf radar.
That doesn't say much, all good decks have above 50% win rate. In Standard it's the highest at around 53%.

It's still in tier 1 though across all formats. Even with all the counters and techs present in Wild, it still dominates.

Dahbomb

For the Brawl excuse, they should be nerfing Patches as well. That card has definitely broken Brawls as well. Same for Flamewaker. How many fucking times has Flamewaker and Sorc Apprentice ruined a Brawl?

I mean they are already thinking about moving Stonetusk to HoF.

Top Bottom