• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

scarlet

People hating priest, when it's been mediocre deck for a long time.

I love playing priest tho, it's fun. But I hate playing against priest too.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
DGB0kadXoAQaS5T.jpg

Dahbomb

Finally more adjacent cards. Been a while since we had those.

Good for Arena for sure. Maybe Priest can use it too but doubtful.

Blizzard

Banned
Asking one last time before I dust my duplicate, does anyone suspect there is a chance the Warrior Quest is nerfed in the future? I wish there were a way to easily dust non-legendary duplicates.

On that note, here is some quest discussion. I'm a noob so I welcome high-level / experienced player opinions. Do you think Blizzard will try to modify the quests and/or make them playable through future cards, or do you think starting with Frozen Throne they will already dismiss the quest idea as a failed mechanic?

I did take some time researching and posting this, so if you disagree I would respectfully request you explain why.

All the quests and whether I think they're still dead from the Frozen Throne cards thus far:

Hunter: Still dead
Blizzard seems to be trying to push a slower Hunter archetype. Even if that works, however, I'm not sure this quest would ever be a good idea. You would have to play (not summon) 7 1-cost minions, and if you're trying for some sort of game-delaying control mechanic that's unlikely to happen in my opinon. No new compatible 1-drops have been revealed either.

Mage: Still alive
Blizzard is pushing more freeze effects that prevent the opponent from doing anything, so I suppose they're okay with turns where a player is largely helpless. I'm not sure the new cards really help the quest aside from helping the mage stay alive, however.

Paladin: Still dead?
No new Paladin spells have been revealed, and the underlying problem still exists of dropping your first turn to get a single powerful 5-cost minion later. Best case you get a windfury monster with some protective enchantments, but if there are taunts in the way then its usefulness might vary. I suppose one very slight improvement is that it's likely to end up with divine shield, and the new Bolvar + Light's Sorrow cards interact with that.

Priest: Maybe coming to life?
Only 2 priest cards have been revealed so this is hard to judge, but 2x Eternal Servitude could allow you to resurrect and summon a deathrattle minion pretty easily. In addition, 3 new neutral deathrattle cards have been added, including the 3/1 shallow gravedigger which generates another deathrattle card.

Rogue: Still super dead
This was nerfed so hard that it doesn't exist as a deck anymore even at the lowest tier. None of the new Rogue cards replace it, so unless the allegedly broken Death Knight Rogue card interacts, Blizzard may just be burying the quest for good.

Shaman: Still dead
There are no new murlocs, and all of Shamans new cards seem to be pushing a freeze archetype instead.

Warrior: Still alive?
With an apparent emphasis on control and games dragging out longer than ever, this deck may still be somewhat viable without major changes.

Warlock: Still super dead?
One new warlock card has been revealed that gains a bonus from discarded cards. Warlock also has a new board damage / clear spell. Is that enough to justify wasting your first turn and half wasting a later turn to gain two weak minions you can't use until a turn later? It seems very unlikely.

Druid: Maybe coming to life?
Blizzard has already revealed some interesting neutral 5-or-more-attack minions (bonemare, necrotic geist, cobalt scalebane, sunborne val'kyr, nerubian unraveler), plus the druid-unique fatespinner. If it is possible to survive skipping turn 1 while also working some of these minions in, I could imagine this becoming at least somewhat viable. There might also be an unlikely combo with Hadronox if you use 5-or-more-attack taunt minions.

Turns 1-N: Play Awaken the Makers and complete the quest
Turn N+1: Play Benedictus
Turn N+2: If you're not dead but you are hurt, play Amara to get 40 HP
Turns N+3 and following: Troll your opponent for 20 minutes

The bolded is every Priest deck strategy since the game's inception.

Blizzard

Banned
The bolded is every Priest deck strategy since the game's inception.
Oh I 100% agree. I already committed to using the first 1-2 legendaries I get from Frozen Throne and only playing decks with them until rank 10, but after that my next goal will be to craft Benedictus and somehow attempt a remotely viable deck.

Oh I 100% agree. I already committed to using the first 1-2 legendaries I get from Frozen Throne and only playing decks with them until rank 10, but after that my next goal will be to craft Benedictus and somehow attempt a remotely viable deck.
Friendly tip: when a new expansion comes out, don't craft ANYTHING. Wait a month and let the high-spenders explore the new meta. Then craft.

Top Bottom