• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

zoukka

How OP is mage in arena?

I got 11 wins and two of my losses were me being afk.

Deck wasn't even that great, I had Inkmaster in it that never activated.

TankUP

Tc5Vq4c.jpg

Not sure how many people watch Kripp or know about this, but he did a video on the Freeze mechanic and how it functions. Pretty decent video which should help out if you plan on trying out Freezer Shaman.

And if you don't want to give Kripp a click for some reason, the trick is that if you freeze your minion before attacking, it'll un-freeze at the end your current turn, while if you freeze it after attacking, it'll unfreeze after your next turn.

You can think of it like attacking takes an action, and breaking freeze takes an action, and every minion gets one action per turn. I don't think he tried testing it with a Windfury minion though.

sibarraz

Banned
Considering how easy is for warrior to have an upgraded fiery war axe on turn 4, they have gave us a new 4 mana 7/7 without the overload punishment

sibarraz

Banned
Okay so does it just take your weapon stats or do the stats add to the minion's one?

If it's the former it's bad.

I was wrong. Seems like the weapon's attack is added to the minion's attack, and the weapon's durability is added to the minion's HP

Peléo

At first I read it as copy, but gain stats is actually much better.

Pirate is actually relevant with Pirate Warrior running Southsea Captain and Patches. Question is whether Warrior wants a pile of stats on turn 4 instead of going face with Korkoron os even the pseudo-fireball.

I wonder if this could see play in any other class though.

So I've starting playing Elder Scrolls legends now that it is on android and I'm so impressed so far. I can't belive I'm typing this but it seems even more polished than HS!

I love the card design too and the whole two lane system. Seriously, I might ditch HS for this.

So guys, I know you've all played it. What's wrong with ESL?

Finalow

that Priest legendary, Lol.

maybe they're trying to make Priest a fun class to play. eheh, good one.

Considering how easy is for warrior to have an upgraded fiery war axe on turn 4, they have gave us a new 4 mana 7/7 without the overload punishment
except you want to use your weapons, at best it'll have 5 health and it won't be on turn 4. saving your upgraded weapon for 2 turns in order to drop that with slightly better stats is not something you want to do.

it's honestly just a worse Bloodsail Raider, it gets 1 or *sometimes* 2 more health for 2 more mana. = won't be played

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
don't see the issue the pirate is terrible.

Even the absolute dream case say a 4 mana 7/3 isn't great.

But still, is way tooo risky (IMHO) to print cards that synergize with the best deck in the game.

Also, the priest legendary is nuts.

Finalow

then again I'm used to the PW list played in wild, the standard list might have enough mediocre cards to put that in.

But still, is way tooo risky (IMHO) to print cards that synergize with the best deck in the game.
best deck in wild*, and as we know Blizzard gives no fucks about wild.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oh, the pirate card adds stats to the base 3/3. @_@

Blizzy-D PLS!

Hybris

I still don't think this card is going to be played in PW. The 4 drop slot is stacked as is, and this card isn't better than naga corsair imo. On average it will probably be a 4 mana 6/4 which is not playable. Sure there's the highrolls where it's a 7 or 8 attack with 5 health, but there's also the low rolls where it's a 4 mana 3/3. A 4 mana 5/4 with a useful battlecry is much more consistent and it's not a bad tempo play even if you don't have a weapon.

Pooya

in my experience with pw, if they start the opening turns with a double upgraded war axe you can't destroy, you're basically dead anyway. If they can buff this guy too, good for them, congrats on the curve, it won't matter too much.

It's not hard for pirate warrior to get an on curve 4 7/7 without a downside with that card. Well memed blizz.
Mindbreaker should be great to annoy the opponent in arena, ruin Mages ping setups in particular.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The best part of the priest legendary is that you can combo it with Brann

The priest legendary is just hilarious. It is the ultimate fatigue card since the value you can get off it is so massive. In Wild, there are just so many silly combos with it. Brann being the most fun probably. I can't wait to try it.

As for the pirate, I wonder if the card is even worth running despite the huge potential stats. No charge means that you'd still rather use Kor'kron Elite. The huge upisde for this is nice but that deck already tops out at 6, so you don't want many 4 cost minions. And if you don't have a weapon obviously it's a terrible card. Though, pirate warrior pretty much always has a weapon so that's moot.

Grief.exe

I can only talk for myself but playing Priest in this meta is the most fun I ever had with Hearthstone.

Lyra is a ton of fun to play.

Does the new paladin weapon only grow when equipped or does it grow when just in your hand?

The combos in priest right now are pretty crazy with Lyra + Elise. Sometimes even more value with Medivh + Free From Amber.

The problem with the priest legendary is you already have almost infinite value from the deck, and that card almost hurts your play since it dilutes your shadow visions pool so you aren't guranteed a pack.

The downside there is you haven't hit face for like 3 turns to get that.
Yeah doesn't really seem worth it, holding on to too much durability just heightens the risk against weapon removal. On average you might get like a 4/1 war axe and play this guy, would pirate warrior play a conditional Salty Dog that costs 1 less? Doubtful.

Top Bottom