• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Dart

OMG LOL WTF

I didn't really mean it like that.....

ultimate trolling card

Edit: Again priest gets the "fun" "crazy" card, I mean I wont complain I'll definitely play it! but the knight legend better be good enough for competitive play....

Benedictus...dear god...

hV5y5LC.gif

scarlet

If it's the whole remaining deck it's crazy.

But if it's remaining deck, you have to keep your Tirion, Tarim, Lightlord in the mulligan.

Cuz 2 Tirion from 2 drakonid, another 2 drakonid from netherspite, 2 drakonid/tirion from kodo, then fucking N'zoth it.

I fucking love it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Get ready for 2 hours long priest mirror matches!

"I play Archbishop Benedictus, and hero power. The light shall burn you! End Turn."

"Well than, I play Archbishop Benedictus, and hero power. The light shall burn you too! End Turn."

"Clever strategy, but I play Archbishop Benedictus, and Thoughtsteal! End Turn."

2K77SVN.png

"You may have just played Archbishop Benedictus, but get ready for this. I play Archbishop Benedictus! End Turn."

Blizzard

Banned
Friendly tip: when a new expansion comes out, don't craft ANYTHING. Wait a month and let the high-spenders explore the new meta. Then craft.
I'm possibly only crafting that one card from the legendaries I've seen thus far, and that's only if I even win with the initial 2 legendaries, which is unlikely.

Even when I play with very high-meta decks I scrape the 48-52% winrate range which isn't enough to rank up, so having fun with a silly deck is more rewarding to me possibly. :p

scarlet

On the whole it's probably a fairly average card but even still I'm going to run it in every Priest deck forever just for the fun/craziness factor.

This card is the combination of amazing and meme card.

I'm really excited, like I don't care anymore if the rest of the expansion is shit.

Gonna craft this if I don't get it from pack.

Thats boring.
In the past, I've made the mistake of going for cards that look fun. Then I lose a bunch when the meta settles, AND I have used all my dust. So I'm just stuck with a losing deck, and I have to go back to old decks that still work but don't feature new cards. That's way more boring than waiting a bit to see what cards are worth crafting.

I mean, here are some cards I've spent dust on that didn't pan out:
Hobgoblin x2
Dreadsteed x2 (RIP)
Shadowform x2
Open the Waygate
Stampede
Charged hammer

If I could refund all of these cards, I could afford a really cool deck that also wins!

On that note - when they put Naxxramus back up for sale, can we re-buy it to get the cards a second time? :-/ I really, really regret disenchanting Feugen and Stalagg.

Dahbomb

Ok wtf
http://m.ign.com/videos/2017/07/31/igns-exclusive-knights-of-the-frozen-throne-card-reveal

Archbishop Benedictus
7 Mana 4/6
Priest Legendary Minion
Battlecry: Shuffle a copy of your opponent's deck into your deck
AHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA!!!!

Legit people used to joke about Priest having a card that just copies the opponent's deck.

Blizzard went ahead and made that card.

All the greedy Priests out there:

KGVTqGD.gif

There isn't going to be any infinite game though, games will just end at turn 90. With stuff like Warrior and this new Priest card, it's entirely feasible that we may have games like that now.

Jade Druid is a bit immune from this because their cards just scale up in strength. At some point, you are not going to have an answer to a 30/30 and just lose the game.

So Jade Druid laughs at all these "infinite" decks. I guess the plan now against Jade Druid is to stall until turn 90.

PUSHING THE GAME TO THE LIMITS!!!!

Dart

I'm pretty sure its the remaining deck, every other card that works of "Your opponent's deck" uses the remaining cards.

Might actually be better that way.

Priest is Rafaam now, which reminds me I'd love to use this in adventure matches! LOL

Blizzard

Banned
In the past, I've made the mistake of going for cards that look fun. Then I lose a bunch when the meta settles, AND I have used all my dust. So I'm just stuck with a losing deck, and I have to go back to old decks that still work but don't feature new cards. That's way more boring than waiting a bit to see what cards are worth crafting.

I mean, here are some cards I've spent dust on that didn't pan out:
Hobgoblin x2
Dreadsteed x2 (RIP)
Shadowform x2
Open the Waygate
Stampede
Charged hammer

If I could refund all of these cards, I could afford a really cool deck that also wins!
What really cool decks are there that win, though? I thought most of the top tier decks are considered well known and boring / maligned for RNG / etc.

What really cool decks are there that win, though? I thought most of the top tier decks are considered well known and boring / maligned for RNG / etc.
I have absolutely no idea what sees play in Standard, but in Wild I know people have taken all of the following to Legendary:
Feign Death Hunter
N'Zoth Mill Rogue
Reno Anything
Demonlock
Control Shaman

There's lots of other neat stuff like Hobo Warlock, Silence Druid, Djinn Shaman, Feugen/Stalagg Priest...

The longer the game goes on, the more cool stuff Wild will have to do. It depends on what you think is fun, though. I still think Tempo Mage is a lot of fun, which is another deck that you don't have access to in Standard.

scarlet

It's either you combine Benedictus with Hemet, or just play it when your opponents down to 10-15 cards.

Still can't compete with Jade druid tho. But it's gonna be fun.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What if the Deathknight Priest card lets you discover a card from your opponent's deck every turn as your new hero power?

lol

What could be cool is a Tracking like hero power, and would make a card that dumps a ton of stuff into your deck make a lot more since.

You could make it a passive too, so while you get a "free" card, you burn your deck out very quickly.

Also, while I am tossing out random ideas also, I'd love for something that turns your deck into your life pool.

Ombala

What if the Deathknight Priest card lets you discover a card from your opponent's deck every turn as your new hero power?

lol
I'm thinking that Priest hero power turns into shadow damage with some added random lifesteal effect.
Maybe a dot effect that would be cool.
The art has looked so much like Shadowform to me.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Fatigue priest vs Fatigue priest would take all day to finish.

bunbun777

While it may be the smart thing to wait for crafting, those of us that save up for a few select gold legendaries every expansion have it a little more rough this time.

Now it will make more sense to craft gold legendaries before any packs are even opened.

For instance the new priest legendary in gold will net you all gold copies, which sounds pretty nice to me.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what to think about the new priest legendary. It will generate some meme decks, that is for sure.

It seems kinda garbage outside of Fatigue games. A lot of the time you're diluting two different deck types together, and I'm sure we all know how terrible it usually is when you build a deck that combines two different archetypes together.

But does seem usable as a fun meme deck.

And it'll be the supreme fatigue deck if fatigue somehow makes a comeback after Jades die.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, card's fun but seems trash. Dilutes your deck hard if you're likely going to just alternate draws between your deck and the opponents so your gameplan is going to be hard to be consistent, to say nothing of the card itself being a 7 mana 4/6 do nothing. No taunt either.

Bunga

Pre-ordered the new expansion this morning with Amazon Coins. Looking forward to it. I worry I might not be able to get through the adventure missions though as I dusted all of my wild cards... they've specifically said this adventure is a lot harder didn't they? Or Arthas at least.

Pooya

Most situational card ever. Basically if they can suicide their guy, it's 6 mana corruption. If they can't suicide their guy, it's something big, you take a lot of damage. It can be annoying but it's mostly just bad. I guess that's a good description of most priest cards.

Peléo

Card is great in control matchups, but that's all. It is Entomb + Mind Control. Most of the time you will be trading your health total for a 4 mana cheaper mind control.

There are scenarios in which Entomb is better (Malygos, Auctioneer, Ysera, Emperor, Rag) and others where this is (Belcher, Cairne, Ancient of War).

That's if the board is empty of course (normally is if you are playing control priest), otherwise Entomb is miles better.

This also doesn't synergyse with Medivh at all, since the opponent can simply sacrifice the minion.

rahji

played a paladin in arena with 4 lost in the jungle, vinecleaver and a golakka crawler which ate my swashburgler (as rogue). sigh...and as a rogue I had no board clear.

edit: game after that, I got golakkad again...this time by mage.

Top Bottom