• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

its obviously an attempt to shove pirate warrior into a more midrange/tempo direction, that's not for face pirate. will such a deck ever be good enough to play over just running face pirates, right now no but you can tell that's why they would bother printing such a card

also mindbreaker art is awesome gtfo

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
kwHWh7n.png

With the new expansion focusing on Hero Powers so much, I was wondering when we would get cards that interact with them. The stat spread makes this tanky enough, it could be a big pain for the enemy to take down if played at the right time.

I wonder if this expansion will have any Inspire Minions.

sibarraz

Banned
I miss inspire cards, unlike joust where the mecanic was flawed from the beggining, inspire was well designed, but almost never had a card that could justify including it

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Guys, I just realized something you can do in Wild.

Play Death Knight Jaina.

Then play Ragnaros.

He is both Firelord and Lightlord!

*Mind Blown*

Fewr

So I've starting playing Elder Scrolls legends now that it is on android and I'm so impressed so far. I can't belive I'm typing this but it seems even more polished than HS!

I love the card design too and the whole two lane system. Seriously, I might ditch HS for this.

So guys, I know you've all played it. What's wrong with ESL?
Quoting just to get people's opinions on this.

I tried it and my complaint is rather petty: I think the UI is not as friendly, and I didn't like the art - I found it hard to distinguish different cards.

Other than that, it was very similar to HS. Also, I heard they give away packs just for watching streamers, is this true?

Ketch

I tried it and my complaint is rather petty: I think the UI is not as friendly, and I didn't like the art - I found it hard to distinguish different cards.

Other than that, it was very similar to HS. Also, I heard they give away packs just for watching streamers, is this true?

I like it quite a bit. I think it deals with aggro and tempo much better then HS does.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Which means some of this will see play in Wild - lol!

Yeah that's the really funny part of this set for me. There are actually some parts of it that I see making it into the Wild decks and displacing GvG cards (mostly Dr. Boom who has been dropping from Wild decks as they become more refined anyhow). That's a cool feeling. I am not sure they can keep it up though without just printing blatantly overpowered shit every expansion.

zoukka

Mindbreaker is also nuts in arena. Great body and the ability is quite relevant, good thing it's not a common.

(not that anyone cares about arena balance)

Yeah that's the really funny part of this set for me. There are actually some parts of it that I see making it into the Wild decks and displacing GvG cards (mostly Dr. Boom who has been dropping from Wild decks as they become more refined anyhow). That's a cool feeling. I am not sure they can keep it up though without just printing blatantly overpowered shit every expansion.

Yeah, a lot of people who say they won't play Wild talk about Dr. Boom and Piloted Shredder, but I see those cards maybe 1/10 matches or less. The only Wild card that's close to an "Everyman" card is Sludge Belcher.

Magnus

The cards released over the last two days have been great. Love the meltdowns and reactions.

When do we start seeing more Death Knight hero cards?! I'm so ready for DK Anduin.

I'm still waiting for our first Rune Magic card. There's been zero talk about it since the idea was announced, right?

Anyone have a good current arcane golem rogue list for me?

Everything I'm finding is for wild.
It's just Miracle Rogue with Arcane Giants.

Cat Party

This set is bananas. I thought the priest legendary was a joke.

The cards released over the last two days have been great. Love the meltdowns and reactions.

When do we start seeing more Death Knight hero cards?! I'm so ready for DK Anduin.
They will all be released this week.

Hybris

Anyone have a good current arcane golem rogue list for me?

Everything I'm finding is for wild.

Check out viscous syndicate's rogue lists. http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/deck-library/rogue-decks/miracle-rogue/

The 3 drop slot is flexible. I'm partial to double questing at the moment. Also can try out a tar creeper or 2. Don't really need to run 2 razorpetal lashers, they aren't that great. List I ran with this season was 2x questing, 1x tar, 1x razorpetal. I've also been seeing more saps and burgly bully at high ranks, so maybe try those out as well. I imagine they cut a vilespine.

The ui is more complicated for sure but it's done better than any other mobile ccg, most of them are just downright ugly. I really like the card art style and am digging the more serious fantasy nature of them. I agree that it's hard to see them though.

Yeah I think you can get cards at least for watching streams though I'm yet to do that.

The single player is way better than HS too.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Aggro druid got a card.

Common druid
3 mana 1/6 Taunt
Whenever you summon a minion gain 1 health. Seems like a better tar creeper for them.

al8GuwF.png

wiibomb

Aggro druid got a card.

Common druid
3 mana 1/6 Taunt
Whenever you summon a minion gain 1 health. Seems like a better tar creeper for them.

al8GuwF.png

considering aggro druid doesn't care at all about the +2 attack of tar creeper, yes this is an amazing card for them.

Mulgrok

you can tell it is the end of the month for standard ladder when 80% of my opponents are pirate warriors. I scumbagged 8-0 to get rank 5 with secret mage. Time to take a shower and drink to forget my sins.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
you can tell it is the end of the month for standard ladder when 80% of my opponents are pirate warriors. I scumbagged 8-0 to get rank 5 with secret mage. Time to take a shower and drink to forget my sins.

I faced a wild pirate warrior at rank 12 without patches. Bless his heart.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't understand how people can go 4-0 let alone 8-0 with pirate warrior right now. Every other game I tried with it last night I would basically not draw a weapon in 8 cards, have an endless series of taunts in quest warrior, have freeze/secret mage delay the game, or have some other mechanism that prevented me from doing enough consistent damage.

However, I'm at a rank floor and you were near the bottom of a rank I guess. My rank's meta is basically totally random right now.

I don't understand how people can go 4-0 let alone 8-0 with pirate warrior right now. Every other game I tried with it last night I would basically not draw a weapon in 8 cards, have an endless series of taunts in quest warrior, have freeze/secret mage delay the game, or have some other mechanism that prevented me from doing enough consistent damage.

However, I'm at a rank floor and you were near the bottom of a rank I guess. My rank's meta is basically totally random right now.
I got super lucky when going for 5 this time drawing great hands and getting easy opponents or difficult ones that stumbled.
Couple days later I had a warrior quest and went 0-5 or worse on the rank floor. Didn't see a weapon or weapon generator for 2 whole games, drew patches every other game and stuff.

You just gotta high roll with the deck right now.

Ketch

Check out viscous syndicate's rogue lists. http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/deck-library/rogue-decks/miracle-rogue/

The 3 drop slot is flexible. I'm partial to double questing at the moment. Also can try out a tar creeper or 2. Don't really need to run 2 razorpetal lashers, they aren't that great. List I ran with this season was 2x questing, 1x tar, 1x razorpetal. I've also been seeing more saps and burgly bully at high ranks, so maybe try those out as well. I imagine they cut a vilespine.

Thanks! I'll try to adapt it a bit. Don't have sherazin or patches or vile spines so I can probably fit questing and tar creepers easily.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Something to think about just in case anyone is still thinking that pirate card is good in Pirate Warrior.

Bloodsail raider is 2 Mana for a weapon atk +2/3hp minion. This card isn't on curve with any standard warrior weapons except that new whirlwind one. So you're either saving weapon charges to buff this (very bad) or getting less HP. So you're looking at something like a 6/4 (FWA with -1 charge), or a 4/5 (n'zoths mate with -1 charge) for 4 Mana and no text. A card that was 6/5 stats and no text probably even wouldn't see play in that slot. This card just seems bad now. Big stat piles is not what pirate warrior wants at all. Maybe they will if the deck moves more mid-range in the future but as it stands the card is awful.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Did Blizzard clarify how the pirate card adds stats? Like the Attack is added to it's attack and the durability is added to it's health? Or the attack is added to both attack and health? That text is super confusing.

Top Bottom