• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If I have a wide board of evolve targets and 5 mana, why wouldn't I just use Bloodlust instead? Winning the game seems better than praying to RNGesus.

Because sometimes Bloodlust is not in your hand.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Evolve Shaman Hero Card? Seems a bit boring, Evolve IMO is just a frustrating RNG mechanic that isn't fun to use. I have no interest in playing this card.

wiibomb

Really? I regularly get to 11/11 and higher.

you must be thinking of jade druid, no way jade shamans get to 11/11 regularly.

or well, I play elemental-shaman, having elemental synergy means to cut some jade (specifically jade chieftain), but even then I never get too high because of the lack of jade synergies. I either kill the opponent or the opponent kills me before I play 7/7 jades (if I'm ever able)

you must be thinking of jade druid, no way jade shamans get to 11/11 regularly.

or well, I play elemental-shaman, having elemental synergy means to cut some jade (specifically jade chieftain), but even then I never get too high because of the lack of jade synergies. I either kill the opponent or the opponent kills me before I play 7/7 jades (if I'm ever able)
Nope, I am talking about Jade Elemental Shaman.

I don't even have Aya in my deck!

But I do have Brann. :)

Pooya

I'm not convinced if this is even good in jades. The deck is already really packed and instead of this card, you can play cards that give you additional jade cards and value. What does this do? It doesn't do anything against aggro, it's worse against control than something like spirit echoes or even bloodlust. I think it's suitable for that og evolve shaman deck that played all kind of garbage that were good with evolve. Definitely not good for the aggressive deck we have right now.

The main thing going for the card is that it cost 5 so it's not a huge investment to get this and the battlecry can be impactful. Maybe that's good enough for this to see play but if that board is dealt with, your deck needs to be built around this to benefit from it. You can't expect to get anywhere if you're just top decking whatever and play this hero power on. It's a losing game and you can no longer build board every turn with totems and maybe win with bloodlust if they have no more clears. The hero power can be very crippling. You don't want to evolve your mana tide or whatever.

fertygo

I'm not convinced if this is even good in jades. The deck is already really packed and instead of this card, you can play cards that give you additional jade cards and value. What does this do? It doesn't do anything against aggro, it's worse against control than something like spirit echoes or even bloodlust. I think it's suitable for that og evolve shaman deck that played all kind of garbage that were good with evolve. Definitely not good for the aggressive deck we have right now.
Sometime totem become liabilities in spirit echo deck.. you dont want echoing those totem in grindy battle vs comtrol that let you have full hand so echo became worse.

Maybe its worth playing once your thing from below became 0 you can stop totem up and evolving the jade generator instead

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Me: Let's try some Quest deck!
Also me: * Forgets to play Quest on turn 1 *

EDIT: Dang! That Shaman Hero Card! :0

gutshot

I don't think the Shaman hero card is very good. But I'm cool with that since Shaman has won like 3 straight expansions now.

fertygo

I don't think the Shaman hero card is very good. But I'm cool with that since Shaman has won like 3 straight expansions now.
The Hexxer card seems really good and synergyze with a lot of Shaman gameplan.. I wlll really careful before saying Shaman not get anything.

You prob only need to hit 2 or 3 minions to get value.

edit:
Yeah I could see it working out. It's a snowball card. You take a small board and you've healed it and boosted it in the same turn. Then every turn after that you trade, evolve, trade evolve, healing each time. etc.. It is definitely a way you can win the game.

edit2:
I think the one I am most looking forward to is paladin. I think it could be a silver hand recruit synergy type card.

TankUP

Hell yes, the ultimate support for Evolve Shaman. I'm going to play the shit out of that.

I'm glad you liked it! I was hoping Shaman would get a hero card you'd like, because you've been a Shaman loyalist for longer than Shaman has been good.

Here's the full art for ya:

oCWcdTS.jpg

And the golden animation:

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/892156344945463296

gutshot

The Hexxer card seems really good and synergyze with a lot of Shaman gameplan.. I wlll really careful before saying Shaman not get anything.

Yeah, Hexxer seems good. But everything else seems pretty lackluster.

Of course, now that I say that, watch Freeze Shaman become a tier 1 deck n

I'm glad you liked it! I was hoping Shaman would get a hero card you'd like, because you've been a Shaman loyalist for longer than Shaman has been good.

Here's the full art for ya:

https://i.imgur.com/oCWcdTS.jpg[IMG]

And the golden animation:

[url]https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/892156344945463296[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks lol. Evolve is one of the coolest aspects of Shaman so I'm glad to see it get more love. I definitely want to make this card work, even if it won't be tier 1.

Also that gold animation is hot, I may just have to craft that.

[quote="Familienoberhauptvogel, post: 245050041"]are we talking token spam evolve shaman? CAuse it's questionable if this card will be good there, you can only run so many non minions.[/QUOTE]

Probably not token. My first thought is a somewhat greedy elemental deck that focuses on single target evolution so you can use your elemental cards for the effect then immediately evolve them. I don't expect it'll be tier 1 or anything but I want to try and make it work. The hero card definitely seems like it could be the missing piece.

I think that Shaman card might work best in a Battlecry deck.

Imagine playing Bonemare and then evolving it to a 9-drop.

Cards that seems like great targets for this synergy:
Fire Elemental
Stone Sentinel
Jade Chieftain
Jeweled Scarab
Novice Engineer
Ironbeak Owl
Stonehill Defender
Jade Spirit

Etc.

ZealousD

They finally wised up after seeing all the card review streams with wrong translations and blurry card art.

Unfortunately it still seems like the site runs about a business day or two behind, kind of like their Facebook page. So for day-of hot takes it's not quite fast enough. Everybody is still relying on Hearthpwn for that.

Here's to hoping they can get the site updated with the final dump around the same time as the Facebook dump. I'm not optimistic. But I would love for our review stream to use the official art instead. Running anything through HearthCards seems to make things just a little blurry no matter what you do. So whether I rely on HearthPwn or try and recreate the cards myself it's not optimal.

ZealousD

There's a Twitter account with quite a few:

So far, my favourites are shaman hero, Hunter wearing bear hide and bearshark. Ah, the penguin is nice too.
Worst: the gnome vampire.

This is a great resource for anybody who's interested, but not exactly what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the card itself, as it appears in game.

Usually when people post images of cards they're grabbing them from Hearthpwn, who usually does a screen cap of the video or image where it's revealed, then they run it through the HearthCards card creator.

The result "does the job" in the short term, but the artwork is often blurry or pixelated and usually slightly cropped. It's a low quality facsimile of the real thing. Those facsimiles get reposted on GAF and elsewhere, including card reviews from the pro streamers.

In the past, the only place you could get official images of the cards were on the Hearthstone Facebook page. But the card images on their Facebook page get slapped on these backgrounds for one reason or another. So if you don't want that background, you either have to git gud with an image editor and find ways to erase the background, or run that artwork through the HearthCards card creator (basically back to the HearthPwn problem)..

So, with Dahbomb and I doing our review streams, it's useful for me to have the card images available from an official source without the background for the first time. Now the only thing I have to worry about is if they'll update their website with the final card dump in a timely manner so Dahbomb and I can get the jump on the review without relying on some generated HearthCards facsimiles.

Fewr

This is a great resource for anybody who's interested, but not exactly what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the card itself, as it appears in game.
Ah, I see what you mean. I normally browse GAF with images off, so I thought you meant the actual art.

No, *you're* the worst!!

(sobs quietly)
It's not bad, but the rest of the art so far is amazing. The artist has drawn better stuff before:
@PlayHearthstone prints on my table at London Film and Comic Con today! (and tomorrow!) #LFCC #LFCC2017 https://t.co/CzDNWlDsbb

EDIT: I want that art of Hearthstone book to be out asap.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ahahaha they commissioned Chris Rahn to draw card art and then gave him the spikey haired Undead player character design from WoW.

https://youtu.be/gxJZQ4UA7kw

My boy Navi with the card reveal!

Screenshot_20170801-121549.png

You could make even more concentrated nzoth spawns in wild with this, damn. with brann u could basically get a whole board of one specific minion if you tried to meme hard. shit just sylvanas/sludge belcher would only take 6 deck slots to use and would leave a ridic board. the greed is real

i'll prob try to manipulate this to get some crazy rogue jade nzoth turns. shadowsteps for nzoth and a wall of taunt and jade deathrattles.

it could also be a good control hunter card, if the game was really slow enough to support it lol. better than the random beast since you can target them easier.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm even more convinced after that card that the priest quest may become viable in standard.

Then again it doesn't itself have a death rattle.

Top Bottom