• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Will thrall, deathseer evolve 10 drops into mountain giants/arcane giants? I mean i suppose it will they've just never been able to be evolved/devolved into before.

Dahbomb

What's the difference between using Spikeridged Steed on Argent Squire, and using it on this? The only difference I can see is that you could potentially play Argent Squire behind a taunt a turn before Spikeridged Steed if you absolutely didn't have enough mana to play both on the same turn.
There's not much difference but the important thing is that it's redundancy for Aggro Paladin type decks that want weenie divine minions. So you can have 4 Argent Squires in your deck that you can buff them up and do whatever with.

Blizzard

Banned
There's not much difference but the important thing is that it's redundancy for Aggro Paladin type decks that want weenie divine minions. So you can have 4 Argent Squires in your deck that you can buff them up and do whatever with.
That's true, but help me understand your point from here:
This card isn't better than Argent Squire when it comes to using Spikeridged Steed on.
What are you disagreeing with? I can't figure out how this disproves dimb's point.

Dahbomb

I wasn't disagreeing with anything, I was just point out that buffing this card with Spikeridge Steed is the same as buffing Argent Squire with Spikeridge Steed so it's not really a noteworthy thing.

Probably better example to use was Blessing of Kings as then it becomes a 5/5 Divine Shield with Taunt. Spikeridge Steed gives you the taunt but blessing of kings doesn't which makes this a superior target for Blessing of Kings versus Argent Squire (as Taunt scales up with HP).

Dahbomb

Decent counter to Pirate Warrior's opener as well. The card still dies to Nzoth's First Mate though but it taking on even one weapon hit is a big deal.

Blizzard

Banned
I wasn't disagreeing with anything, I was just point out that buffing this card with Spikeridge Steed is the same as buffing Argent Squire with Spikeridge Steed so it's not really a noteworthy thing.

Probably better example to use was Blessing of Kings as then it becomes a 5/5 Divine Shield with Taunt. Spikeridge Steed gives you the taunt but blessing of kings doesn't which makes this a superior target for Blessing of Kings versus Argent Squire (as Taunt scales up with HP).
It's noteworthy in that Stonehill Defender can't give you Argent Squire.

So even though you'd like to get something with taunt + divine shield + high HP, getting something with taunt + divine shield that can then be buffed to high HP isn't horrible. I think that was their point.

On another note, aww, the new card back is cute.
card2pguzg.png

Nothing like ending the season losing to combo mage with complete luck.

Does nothing but play card draw early with engineer and hoarder.

Primordial into primordial into volcanic for board wipe.

Babbling book into Blizzard when I have a full board.

Double frost nova and doomsayer, forcing me to devolve.

Another Blizzard.

Ice block x2, probably x3.

I evolve my board twice and get anomalus to clear my whole board.

He sets up his apprentices. I of course don't roll spell damage and don't have lightning either to get past his taunts.

Blizzard

Banned
August card back, Blood Knight.
Weird, I don't have that one yet. I guess it will be mid-day U.S. time to go out?

I still don't get why Blizzard doesn't sell card backs for cash. Selling cosmetics is the least resistance in microtransactions and can fetch you good price.
I still wish they would add a way you could admire your own card back. Hover over your deck, click on your deck, click a tiny icon -- anything so you can admire your animated card back while you wait on the enemy priest to rope every turn.

Right now, you barely see it.

What's the difference between using Spikeridged Steed on Argent Squire, and using it on this? The only difference I can see is that you could potentially play Argent Squire behind a taunt a turn before Spikeridged Steed if you absolutely didn't have enough mana to play both on the same turn.
You don't have to run argent squire in your deck to be able to play this.

fertygo

That Hunter card can help Hunter swing tempo that they really struggling to build in mid game

Card is blatantly Op tho

But maybe still not gonna help that much

Finalow

they're really pushing for N'Zoth Hunter huh.

that Hunter card seems stupid good in wild. good enough to see play in standard too if the class gets more playable deathrattles.

turn 5 you drop that, turn 6 you drop Highmane and another 4 drop with deathrattle. SeemsGood

sibarraz

Banned
What gains Hunter playing that?

Being Able to hero power on the savannah turn? or enable more combos with savannah?

At least is a well stated minion, and also has the beast tribe, so it could be perfectly usable

Pooya

Is hunter getting a DR weapon? Seems like a solid body and effect. You can play a bunch of 2 drops for 0. Right now it's only kindly grandmother though, so yeah I don't know how good that is.

rogue card is bad. why. With that text it should have just vanilla stats.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Corpse... Widow?

How can you be a widow to something that was already dead?

Also what the hell even is that? Don't think I recognize that kind of beast in Warcraft at all. Looks like a zergling bone golem or something.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I know this got buried in card release talk, but does anyone with more experience want to chime in? I feel like a few quests may be more viable, but if they fail to take off maybe Blizzard will just bury the mechanic.

I played some matches and won them all with Quest Rogue last night. =/
I think that the Mage quest is in a good spot right now, which Quest would you like to get stronger? (I would love to see some Warlock Quest.)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I know this got buried in card release talk, but does anyone with more experience want to chime in? I feel like a few quests may be more viable, but if they fail to take off maybe Blizzard will just bury the mechanic.

Hunter/Paladin/Rogue/Warlock - Likely to be fully dead. These quests have fundamental flaws that new cards probably can't fix.

Druid - I am not sure if this quest is fundamentally flawed or not. New cards could make it easier to achieve but I don't know if the reward is good enough to make a competitive deck.

Mage/Priest - We've already seen a couple cards that could help these respective quests and it was always more the card pool that was holding them back more than anything.

Shaman - This quest isn't even bad but it's unclear if new murlocs can improve it.

Warrior - The deck is already good, not sure if it improves or gets worse. Just depends on what new cards are revealed for Warrior.

manhack

Damn, not even half the cards are revealed yet.

Seems like it will be a fun set.

Going to try and hit rank 5 before the set releases so I can make a Legend push with the new cards.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
rogue card is bad. why. With that text it should have just vanilla stats.

Its card text effectively reads "Give you weapon +1 Duability this turn". I don't think Weapon Durability is worth that much for rogue though. If they are even in a situation where they can start buffing up their weapon a ton, weapon counters will just get run in the meta.

wiibomb

corpse raiser looks like an amazing card used on the correct situations. yes it has a mediocre body, but the effect can be pretty good on some huge minions.

of course, this is an ancestral spirit for all classes.

EDIT: also, mike donais confirmed no DK hero for today, but kripp has the reveal of one of his favorite cards of this set.

fertygo

I think that card has sleeper potential.. there is a lot of tempo in free weapon swing even for your dagger

Will try run 2 off of that and new weapon when its relèàsed

What gains Hunter playing that?

Being Able to hero power on the savannah turn? or enable more combos with savannah?

At least is a well stated minion, and also has the beast tribe, so it could be perfectly usable
You can play this and multiple 2-drops on the same turn.

Top Bottom