• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Hunter/Paladin/Rogue/Warlock - Likely to be fully dead. These quests have fundamental flaws that new cards probably can't fix.

Druid - I am not sure if this quest is fundamentally flawed or not. New cards could make it easier to achieve but I don't know if the reward is good enough to make a competitive deck.

Mage/Priest - We've already seen a couple cards that could help these respective quests and it was always more the card pool that was holding them back more than anything.

Shaman - This quest isn't even bad but it's unclear if new murlocs can improve it.

Warrior - The deck is already good, not sure if it improves or gets worse. Just depends on what new cards are revealed for Warrior.

Kibler just did a video on this, and IIRC he basically said:

Priest: highly likely to be viable
Hunter/Shaman: will probably never be viable, spending turn 1 on the quest is just too big of a cost for the aggressive decks you need for the Quest
Mage: very close to viable already, and he doesn't want to see it get better because of how uninteractive it is (bad for the game)
Paladin: needs more low cost sticky minions for buff targets as well as card draw, actually enough buff spells already
Warlock: needs card generation and survivability tools (argument is based on the idea that it will only ever work in control decks due to the turn 1 opportunity cost)

So he's higher on Warlock and Paladin than you, but lower on shaman. He didn't really talk about Warrior or Rogue IIRC.

E: here it is

TankUP

The Hunter deathrattle discount card has nice synergy with Build-a-Beast, and gives you your mana back from the hero power you expended to "draw" the card if you're able to get a deathrattle on the built beast.

I'm hyped to see the rogue hero but goddamnit why are they leaving the ones I'm most interested in for last! This minor irritation shall not stand!

Props to Blizzard if their goal for rogue is to build around weapons and buffing them and if that is ultimately a good strategy.

As is its hard to see that being worthwhile. Spending a bunch of cards to buff a weapon is a difficult line to take when hard weapon removal is a constant in HS.

They said Valeera is good. If it's weapon synergy, it needs to be bonkers. Strong immediate effect, death rattle, something. Or maybe the rest of the cards provide synergy less vulnerable to hard removal. Or maybe it has nothing to do with weapons.

lattich

Neo Member
New Card reveal from the german site http://stevinho.justnetwork.eu

Verstand_Rauben.png

translates to: Copy 3 Cards from your Oppenents Deck and put them in your hand.

Blizzard

Banned
When you have a million cards in a game and it's been going on for 10 years you start to repeat a few ideas I think.

I played some matches and won them all with Quest Rogue last night. =/
I think that the Mage quest is in a good spot right now, which Quest would you like to get stronger? (I would love to see some Warlock Quest.)
I guess Hunter would be cool but I know the class needs a redesign. Maybe Druid?

wiibomb

not sure if this could see play. this means that it takes cards from the current cards in the deck? or just 3 card that the deck had from the start?

Ketch

When you have a million cards in a game and it's been going on for 10 years you start to repeat a few ideas I think.

I guess Hunter would be cool but I know the class needs a redesign. Maybe Druid?

Does it really have a million cards tho?

I wish they didn't ditch mechanics. Like maybe instead of lame as pseudo reprints they could try more inspire cards or.... I guess that's like the only mechanic they've ditched so far.

TankUP

Beefed up versions of cards that already exist are sooooooo fucking boring. Please.

I disagree. I don't think this card is good, but I do think it's a good idea to introduce new cards with similar effects -- not only does it preserve "design space" but it adds consistency to deck archetypes.

Take the much maligned Purify--everyone hated that card but Silence Priest wouldn't have worked without it, because drawing Silences would have been too inconsistent.

Or look at Mimic Pod--it's a rogue staple and if they had decided Thistle Tea was "good enough" for that effect it wouldn't have been printed.

Pooya

control meta will never happen because priest will just annoy everyone enough to quit the game.

One can build a priest deck that just plays removals and your cards. lol already works in wild. One of the main reasons I'm not touching wild.

A Priest card not being as good as a Druid card doesn't mean it isn't great for Priest. This is a 1x of in most Highlander decks, at least.

TankUP

I suppose the video will appear on his youtube, right?

Most certainly. He loves those YouTube views.

Kripp's idea of a powerful card is Frost Lich Jaina so....

He revealed Hallazeal and similarly hyped it up A LOT prior to the announcement. I don't trust his opinions when it comes to constructed but I am eager to see the card just because of the dev saying it was good. (Pretty sure it was Donais).

Blizzard

Banned
control meta will never happen because priest will just annoy everyone enough to quit the game.

One can build a priest deck that just plays removals and your cards. lol already works in wild. One of the main reasons I'm not touching wild.
This is especially true with the new legendary that copies your deck, lol.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

This seems like a card similar to lay on hands. If you play ice barrier, you sort of heal for 8. Seems fairly easy to get three secrets from it so you are drawing three. The advantage is you automatically play them.

Anti synergy with arcanologist though.

wiibomb

I don't see this card being played. why play all your secrets at once if that not only thins your deck, but also doesn't have any kind of body to put alongside it?

cool card, but I don't see much play from that.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Noooo Blizzard. Stop. Stop it. No more.

I don't even care if it's bad. I don't want to see secret design like this any more.

BTW that spell is just nonsense with Medivh.

Portugeezer

5 steps closer to your burn cards. It also means people will run a wider range of secrets which means they will truly be secret when played from the hand.

It's not getting run naturally but it will be discovered by glyph or generated randomly

It does dilute the pool of spells so getting g this randomky when you've used your secrets will be very bad.

You're not picking this off glyph. 8 mana to pull maybe 2 secrets is terrible.

5 steps closer to your burn cards. It also means people will run a wider range of secrets which means they will truly be secret when played from the hand.

There are better ways to thin your deck imo, which doesn't require including a lot of secrets.

Top Bottom