• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Dahbomb

If the game gets slower, and jade druid is nerfed, quest priest will be the next deck that will make you realize why 30 minutes matches on HS are awful
Jade Druid getting nerfed and these infinite control decks popping up would just mean that Quest Mage would be on top.

And then we go back the complete opposite direction where super greedy decks get punished by hyper aggro like it always has.

Pooya

According to Mike Donais, apparently something is happening on Wednesday re: jade druid. It's probably a card reveal but maybe it's nerfs?!!

Q8D3vil

Unless priest next cards are 5/5, it will be a dead class.
you will probably die before playing any of the shown cards (except the 2 mana aoe lifesteal).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Starting to dislike where the meta is heading already. The idea of a deathrattle heavy expansion is really unappealing when N'zoth defines their playstyle so much.

Blizzard

Banned
I look at the Deathknight cards as their pre-emptive replacements.

9 mana seems like a lot to me. The difference with Tirion is that you go out of your way to force the Hexes on other big targets like a Stegodon or Ragnaros. Priest doesn't run a lot of big things, so you can safely save your Hex for this. That's just how I see it going down.
Why specifically Hex though? Do you expect Shaman to be so common that Hex is a determining factor in what cards a Preist player uses?

Only Shaman and Mage can transform a deathrattle minion. Silence is an easier effect to get.

Hybris

I definitely think you put one obsidian statue in your deck. It's an insanely strong card and the more you can afford to play the more you take. 2 of is probably too greedy.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That priest card is great.

I get the don't put it in your deck and just run stonehill defender idea, but I think it's good enough to include anyhow. Maybe just a 1x though. The lifesteal is pretty big. You are going to have a hell of a time killing that guy once it hits the board AND even if you do kill it , you've probably given the priest back 4-12 HP. A really good deal. OH and then your minion dies.

I bet there is gonna be some asshole resurrect priest deck combos with this. Barnes + this guy is just mean. 1/1 taunt lifesteal, DR kill a minion. The BEST barnes target ever.

Blizzard

Banned
If the game gets slower, and jade druid is nerfed, quest priest will be the next deck that will make you realize why 30 minutes matches on HS are awful
I had a game against a freaking shaman last 25 minutes a week ago. Games against quest warrior easily run 15-25 minutes. Since the first few cards were announced, I've been expecting Frozen Throne to have such insane match lengths that climbing the ladder either involves some aggro deck that still works often enough, or a ridiculous amount of time that's not feasible if you have work / family conflicts.

not nerfs. He mentioned a card reveal that might have to do something with jade obstruction of some sort.
Let's throw some ideas out.

"Destroy a card, and all copies of that card in your opponent's deck."

"Destroy a card, and all cards in your opponent's deck that have any words in common with it."

"Dust your opponent's jade collection."

Why specifically Hex though? Do you expect Shaman to be so common that Hex is a determining factor in what cards a Preist player uses?

Only Shaman and Mage can transform a deathrattle minion. Silence is an easier effect to get.
Polymorph and Hex are something you absolutely have to account for every few games in Wild.

Hybris

Ha you guys are crazy thinking the meta will slow down to nzoth control fests. That's never happened and will never happen. Aggro and combo/tempo decks will always play a large part in the meta.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The most obvious counter to Jade Druid is if there is a way to destroy copies of cards in the deck.

Or just reprint Lightbomb for Priest. Or anything that destroys symmetrical minions in general. That would allow classes to blow up several mid game jades and beat the jade player down before they get into GG territory at 7/8/9/10 etc.

Starting to dislike where the meta is heading already. The idea of a deathrattle heavy expansion is really unappealing when N'zoth defines their playstyle so much.
I worry about Nzoth, too. I like death rattles and Nzoth buy it can very easily get out hand. Wonder what the rest of the set holds.

Dahbomb

Or just reprint Lightbomb for Priest. Or anything that destroys symmetrical minions in general. That would allow classes to blow up several mid game jades and beat the jade player down before they get into GG territory at 7/8/9/10 etc.
That's not going to solve the Jade Druid issue at all.

The issue with Jades right now with this new set incoming is that Jade Druid can infinitely spawn card advantage and generate minions that keep getting stronger. If there was a way to prevent this infinite generation then it's possible for these new control/slow decks to actually outlast a Druid deck.

Really though, the issue is just a SINGLE card: Jade Idol. A card that people knew would be a problem since it was first shown.

Dart

I definitely think you put one obsidian statue in your deck. It's an insanely strong card and the more you can afford to play the more you take. 2 of is probably too greedy.

Hmm maybe or is it just better to run stonehill & free from amber? 9 mana is a lot

f0lken

Really though, the issue is just a SINGLE card: Jade Idol. A card that people knew would be a problem since it was first shown.

Yup, IMO there are only 2 ways to help against Jade Idol. Print a “Discover a card in your opponent’s deck and destroy its copies” or nerf it to oblivion at like 3 cost. Even a 2 cost Jade Idol is OP

Grief.exe

That Priest card tingles my Medivh + Free From Amber.

That's not going to solve the Jade Druid issue at all.

The issue with Jades right now with this new set incoming is that Jade Druid can infinitely spawn card advantage and generate minions that keep getting stronger. If there was a way to prevent this infinite generation then it's possible for these new control/slow decks to actually outlast a Druid deck.

I wonder if they change the card to

Summon X/X Jade or shuffle two copies into your deck.

I haven't thought about this change too much, but it seems like reducing the probability of drawing your cards by 1/3 seems like it could slow down the pace at which Jades grow. This also doesn't completely destroy the deck, they're still able to go infinite and outlast control quests in the extreme long form. Theoretically, it opens up some time for the longer control decks that they seem to be printing.

Hycran

Banned
NEW CARD ANNOUNCED:

Jade Beaver: 2 Mana 1/1 - Gain +2/+2 for all Jades chewed on this turn. If you destroy 3 or more Jades, build a 4/4 Beaver Dam

Beaver Dam: 4/4 - At the end of your turn, do two damage to any card with "Water" in the name.

Dahbomb

I don't even think 3 mana would solve the real problem with Jade Idol LOL!

You just have to remove that text or change it. Make it into:

1 mana "Summon a Jade Golem or Shuffle 3 1 mana Jade Golems in your deck"

You still get the deck thickening effect and you still get the 1 mana Jade Golems but now you are limited to them and you can't just generate additional draw with Gadgetan for 1 mana as the 1 mana Jade Golems are minions.

The minions do grow though like normal Jades. You can still get 6 Jade Golems with 2 Jade Idols but now there's a hard cap to it.

This change will never happen because it's too complicated and time consuming. They would have to make a new card that mimics the Jade Golem effect. But this would be the best change.

Obviously it's going to be a 1-mana neutral secret.

At the start of your turn, if your opponent controls any Jade minions, you gain control of all minions your opponent controls until the end of the turn. They gain charge.

sibarraz

Banned
To kill jade druid without resorting to nerfs they will have to create an card that nullifies jade idol while also being good enough to be an autoinclude in every deck.

Otherwise people will not include a terrible card just because it helps them with only one terrible match up

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Swap decks card.

YESSSS. Omg the ultimate fuck you card. Build your deck as aggro or midrange and include that card also. When you start losing to a control deck, swap decks and instantly put yourself in the winning side. LOL so much rage would be generated from a card like that. I hope they make it, just to see the community burn it all down.

TankUP

"I hate this new meta, every game goes 50 turns"

"I hate Jade Druid, it punishes decks with very slow win conditions."

200_s.gif

I feel like the only way to counter Jades would be a Mass Dispel type card that resets them all to 1/1 and reset the counter for them too. Who knows if there'll actually be something though.

That card is incredible.

I assume it goes back into your hand?

That card allows for Reno Quest Mage to operate:

1) Sorcerer's Apprentice in your hand.
2) Simulacrum.
3) On another turn, Sorcerer's Apprentice x2 gets played. (4 mana)
4) Molten Reflection for 2 gives you a third. (6 mana)
5) Echo of Medivh for 1 gives you 3 more in your hand (lol). (7 mana).
6) Sorcerer's Apprentice. (9 mana).
7) Time Warp for 1. (10 mana)

Alternatively, you could use Emperor Thaurissan and do:

1) Sorcerer's Apprentice in your hand.
2) Simulacrum.
3) Thaurissan your Sorcerer's Apprentice x2.
4) On another turn, Sorcerer's Apprentice x2. (2 mana).
5) Echo of Medivh. (4 mana).
6) Sorcerer's Apprentice x2. (8 mana).
7) Time Warp for 1. (9 mana)

That card is going to make some dreams come true. Reno Quest OTK Mage is going to become huge in Wild.

Previously you needed a much more greedy Thaurissan to pull this off, and it was pretty prohibitive in my experience.

Blizzard

Banned
So 3 mana for Primordial Glyph + Simulacrum to get a free Mana Wyrm or Sorcerer's Apprentice, but you don't get to buff the Mana Wyrm using Primordial Glyph if you do that.

Top Bottom