• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Grief.exe

What do you guys think? I have 20€ to spend. Buy 15 UnGoro packs or all Karazhan wings? I'm pretty casual and running a budget Midrange Hunter build atm.

Karazhan. It's required for Hunter, Mage, Rogue, and Shaman.

I believe Kindly Grandmother always slots into Midrange Hunter decks.

200px-Kindly_Grandmother%2842020%29.png

Do they run Curator?

200px-The_Curator%2842022%29.png

rdytoroll

Yeah, I'm kinda missing Kindly Grandmother in my deck. Also didn't know that you can disenchant adventure cards. Thanks!

Also thinking about just disenchanting all my wild cards. Not interested in the wild format at all

Grief.exe

Also thinking about just disenchanting all my wild cards. Not interested in the wild format at all

Unless you're willing to spend big money on the game, I don't really see any other option.

So would you say Lyra the Sunshard is worth crafting? I'd have to disenchant a bunch of my old wild cards to do it but I don't really play that mode anyway.

If you're at that point, I would wait to see how the meta shakes out.

Magnus

God damn, I love Quest/Deathrattle priest so much. Elise and N'Zoth in there make it so righteous too. Glad I made crafted both as goldens! Those two and Kazakus so far. I plan on making one choice golden legendary every expansion, ideally one of the more playable and awesome ones that also happen to generate more golden cards. :p

Playing in standard? How's it doing?

I'm only around rank 12 or 11 right now, and it's like a 60-70% winrate, which is fine for me. Having lots of fun.

Magnus

What are good quest warrior counter?

So, I see people ask this kind of stuff a lot. What do you use to counter, or what do you tech against XYZ deck, etc. But I don't understand how it's possible to actually apply this information. You can't decide who you're going to play next, unless you're about to duel a friend and you know they favor a particular deck.

So how do you all run specific counters/tech cards when you have no idea what you're going to face next? I never really see the same deck over and over again on ladder, no matter where I am on it. There's always some variety.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I would hold off on Lyra. It's not good against aggro at all.

But if you like priest and are ok with tier 3 decks, it's probably ok.

I would like that dragon card if it were a little cheaper. Or say dragons hadn't rotated.

Equality + primordial drake has to be a solid play. But it's so expensive. If dragon consort was around, you could potentially set up that on turn 8.

And yeah you can play it in wild, but it's likely not strong enough there.

I do like primordial drake in paladin, because unlike wild pyro you can land a bunch of hand buffs on it and it still matters because it doesn't suicide itself with equality. And you don't have to run a janky card like wild pyro. It is another high cost card though. High curve paladin cards are getting pretty heavy with rag and tirion being somewhat staples although I wouldn't mind cutting one of them.

I have doubts about paladin being strong in the meta though, cause miracle rogue and to some extent quest rogue.

edit:
Actually paladin also got stonehill defender to give them a solid shot at pulling a legendary taunt (they have 3 now). I think hand buff paladin of some control variety could be legit. At least worth trying. I played against one with quest rogue and actually lost although it was an experimental build and I made some bad decisions. There are a few ideas in paladin worth exploring again.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Tidesoftime running a slower murloc paladin at top 10 legend.

Decklist

Vilefin Inquisitor works so well with Rockpool Hunter just as a 1/3, and murloc hero power makes Murloc Discover and Megasaur even better. Much better than turn 1 pass and lose a card of Murloc Shaman.

Hydrologist is just a solid card too that happens to be a murloc.

Going back and forth between Quest Taunt Warrior and Quest Priest.

Just never enough removal and by turn 6 it's over.

Very frustrating.
It can be frustrating but sometimes you just have to try other decks. I've been steamrolling quest rogue with aggro mage. For what it's worth, I've won about half my games against quest rogue with quest warrior. It's not easy at all but it's doable with the right opening hand.

Fewr

This expansion feels like it's really fucking me over as an F2P player, think I might actually be done with the game now.
I've been thinking this expansion is hard for new people and for F2Ps who didn't save gold. At least for a week or two.

As a newcomer, I see quite a few players using quest decks (in my case i see loads of murloc shamans) and i haven't got many tools to stop/delay the quest.

The average decks of opponents have definitely changed. We'll see how it goes from here.

It would have been cool to get a random quest card at the start instead of that other dino we got.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
No finja though?

I've considered it removing it myself. It is fairly slow in that you can't attack with them until turn 7. How good is just getting a 2/3 and 3/2 off it?

But he's apparently still experimenting and losing. Didn't know that when I clicked on his stream and posted it here, just figured it'd be winning if he's still that high in ranks.

Though he did face against an aggro murloc paladin deck, so it seems like it's gaining popularity at this point in time. That one had Leeroy, another card I've considered adding.

Dahbomb

Yo dahbomb, what is your hand lock list?

I just want to play warlock.
sBq3cVc.jpg

This is slightly old, I don't have Felfire in there anymore and put in Dirty Rat instead.

There is merit to using Elise in the new Handlock deck but I don't have dust to try it out.

theoried this deck up

.eJwVy0sOgyAQANC7cABA-Yx6GTOBCdCgEBgXTdO7N3379xHPqOIQmbnPQ6lYZmgjysltYCKZWkuVsJcpQ7sUMmPIF9081QK7g2W13sC2OmsMKKO13-zqvQVrNLjdKs7UxvukSv-F9exYMZZbvnoS3x-cfim7.yIiL2nTz1xn_ow6Hx0IQWMmGXIw

I don't have tarim yet, but I'll craft him eventually

This deck is all about low drop, high value. The sort of thing paladin tends to excel at.

The handbuff stuff might be a bit too much. Might only be smart to include 1 or 2 of these things.

Measley

I'm generally pretty bad at this game so this isn't too shocking, but fuck that Rogue quest is kicking my ass.

Try the Warrior quest. I run double brawls and whirlwinds, and they end up running out of gas pretty quickly.

theoried this deck up

This deck is all about low drop, high value. The sort of thing paladin tends to excel at.

The handbuff stuff might be a bit too much. Might only be smart to include 1 or 2 of these things.

Now Grimestreet enforcer?

Dahbomb

theoried this deck up

.eJwVy0sOgyAQANC7cABA-Yx6GTOBCdCgEBgXTdO7N3379xHPqOIQmbnPQ6lYZmgjysltYCKZWkuVsJcpQ7sUMmPIF9081QK7g2W13sC2OmsMKKO13-zqvQVrNLjdKs7UxvukSv-F9exYMZZbvnoS3x-cfim7.yIiL2nTz1xn_ow6Hx0IQWMmGXIw

Man no Blazecaller? That card is lit in any Elemental deck.

Aside from the Equalities and the lack of Blazecallers this is very similar to what other people are running for Pally.

Man no Blazecaller? That card is lit in any Elemental deck.

Aside from the Equalities and the lack of Blazecallers this is very similar to what other people are running for Pally.

It's in the running for consideration. I'm just trying to keep it a little lower curve. If I cut some handbuff, I will probably add at least one.

7-1 with Egg Druid in Wild. This deck just feels unfair.

sBq3cVc.jpg

This is slightly old, I don't have Felfire in there anymore and put in Dirty Rat instead.

There is merit to using Elise in the new Handlock deck but I don't have dust to try it out.

On what turn do you usually have the ability to play Mountain Giant with all of these Pirate Warriors running around?

Dahbomb

7-1 with Egg Druid in Wild. This deck just feels unfair.

On what turn do you usually have the ability to play Mountain Giant with all of these Pirate Warriors running around?
I don't play Mountain Giants against Pirate Warrior, I just mulligan those away. Every other card in the deck is good against Pirate Warrior though especially the Razorleafs into any taunt activator.

Pirate Warrior is going to ignore all of your board so everything gets hit by Shambler/DoA/Sunfury.

But Mountain Giants win other match ups.

Quest Rogue is awful! I wanted to craft a quest and one that would be worth most of my dust so I went for Rogue, what a mistake!

0—5 later and I'm pissed off. I get destroyed every game by any deck and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I haven't even got near completing the quest abs get wrecked while messing around digging for the right cards.

What am I doing wrong?

Owzers

Downside to dusting Chrommagus and Nefarian? Can't see myself using them unless I really needed them for an Adventure...and they stopped making adventures.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Trying out Chansey Priest in Wild, didn't realize how much I missed Lightbomb. I feel like I could squeeze in Belcher and healbot, but am unsure on what to replace. Any suggestions?

I would dump the curator package. And maybe chillmaw.

And i think you're a little greedy with the AOE. I'd dump one of the 5ers. Probably excavated.

Jadax

So pissed off, only got the druid quest legendary - and it's complete shit right now vs the decks most people are running.

I'm also starting to get really impatient, and I want to craft the rogue or shaman or hunter legendaries - but keep telling myself to wait for the meta to settle down.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Chromagus will always have a weird future potential should you ever get the ability to control what is on the top of your deck.

I do wonder if there will ever be a way to put something at the top of your deck. Hemet is the first to kinda let you do that, by removing every single card from your deck but the one you want.

But at that point, maybe the 400 dust now is worth the small potential for 1600 dust lost in the future.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So pissed off, only got the druid quest legendary - and it's complete shit right now vs the decks most people are running.

I'm also starting to get really impatient, and I want to craft the rogue or shaman or hunter legendaries - but keep telling myself to wait for the meta to settle down.

Do you only play the best decks?

wiibomb

Now with drakonid OP, shifting shade and the new elemental, I just played a priest who stole from me 5 Primordial Drakes, I'm not kidding, it was amazing and maddening.

Do you only play the best decks?

Quite a difference between only playing the best decks and wanting to play a reasonably viable deck.

Druid is probably the worst class right now with token probably being the only somewhat viable archetype for the class. Even Jade is pretty bad now because Druid just can't deal with all the aggressive decks and has absolutely no way to fend off quest Rogue.

Top Bottom