• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Big thing is how this works with Corruption. Can you corrupt a minion, then send it over, will it die on your opponent's very next turn or your next turn?

Of course, more likely combo is Doomsayer.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BTW is there an official date already? I cant friggin wait !! >_<

Hybris

Nice meme card. Completely unplayable in a real deck thought. Not even that good with doomsayer. You can't develop anything on your turn and your opponent still has initiative.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Nice meme card. Completely unplayable in a real deck thought. Not even that good with doomsayer. You can't develop anything on your turn and your opponent still has initiative.

But it truly opens a new design space for Warlock that can be explored in the next expansion too.

Man, if this was a Rogue card ... @__@

So... late to the party but herd about the 'glitch' or whatever it is with packs and bought 10 packs for each older set including Classic

Classic I got Nozdormu
Whispers: Hallazeal
Mean Streets: Madam Goya

And heres the kicker..

Ungoro: Ozruk, Hemet, and King Mosh One in each pack right after the other upon opening my 5th pack.

IDK what the heck got screwed up but I'll take that even if it just ends up being dust for a few.

Fersis

Bittertide Hydra + Betrayed and Sold (Treachery?)
Spreading Madness (On next turn)

HYPE!

Ladekabel

Big thing is how this works with Corruption. Can you corrupt a minion, then send it over, will it die on your opponent's very next turn or your next turn?

Of course, more likely combo is Doomsayer.

Corruption only works on enemy minions.

Frost Nova + Doomsayer is 5 mana, too. This has the guarantee to work. Of course Warlock needs the archetype that plays the Doomsayer combo.

In arena you could give your opponent a Bom Squad.

Just abused the one legendary in ten packs glitch to get Hallazeal and Kun in 15 total packs. Feels good.

I play Wild mainly so shoring up my Wild collection is helpful.

Still have 3500 gold and 24,000 dust for the new expansion.

patchday

Are you guys spending all your gold on old packs? That doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd rather have 40 extra Frozen Throne packs than a random Legendary from each current Standard expansion.

yeah I havent bought a pack in months. I cant fathom why people would drop gold on packs right before expac. my buddy got bout enough gold to buy 100 packs plus he's preordering. Myself I was only able to muster up 2100 gold but I took a break to beat other games before next expac drops (I preordered as well so at least 70 packs will be something but not nearly as good as the 100+ packs I opened for ungoro)

Just abused the one legendary in ten packs glitch to get Hallazeal and Kun in 15 total packs. Feels good.

ooohhh now that makes sense :)

pixelish

i think i have the worst legendary overhaul in gaf. anyone can top what i got?

classic: nozdormu
old gods: veklor
gadgetzan: madam goya
rogue: voraxx

Dahbomb

Warlock could probably do some OTK in Wild where they can give the opponent Unlicensed Apothecary then summon a bunch if 1/1 imps (Forbidden Ritual is 20 by itself with Cult Apothecary + spell + use up remaining mana).

i think i have the worst legendary overhaul in gaf. anyone can top what i got?

classic: nozdormu
old gods: veklor
gadgetzan: madam goya
rogue: voraxx

yes as mentioned before just Genzo the shark in close to 40 packs across classic, ungoro, OG and gadgetzan

Trying for a refund now on my impulse buy of KotFT, if I get it I'll probably uninstall the game. Overstepped a boundery I'm uncomfortable with.

Hybris

Frost Nova + Doomsayer is 5 mana, too. This has the guarantee to work. Of course Warlock needs the archetype that plays the Doomsayer combo.

I don't think comparing it to nova doom is fair. Nova doom's upside is resetting the board state and you have the initiative. Yes it's not guaranteed, but that is an invaluable reward. This combo should be compared to pyro equality instead, and in that regard it is worse because you can develop anything behind it.

Tacitus_

Opened 10 classic packs and got a legendary and a golden legendary.

I now have both golden Hoggers. Or whatever other legendaries are hiding inside them.

Tagyhag

Warlock could probably do some OTK in Wild where they can give the opponent Unlicensed Apothecary then summon a bunch if 1/1 imps (Forbidden Ritual is 20 by itself with Cult Apothecary + spell + use up remaining mana).

Wait I'm not getting it. How would you proc Apothecary for your opponent with forbidden ritual?

gutshot

yeah I havent bought a pack in months. I cant fathom why people would drop gold on packs right before expac. my buddy got bout enough gold to buy 100 packs plus he's preordering. Myself I was only able to muster up 2100 gold but I took a break to beat other games before next expac drops (I preordered as well so at least 70 packs will be something but not nearly as good as the 100+ packs I opened for ungoro)

ooohhh now that makes sense :)

Yeah, I should be able to get to 100 packs with pre-order+gold. For me:

opening tons of packs from a new expansion > opening old packs with semi-guaranteed Legendaries

Old cards are boring. Give me new stuff!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
valeerapkr86.png

TankUP

zqUPEAQ.jpg

A passive hero power that gives you a second copy of any card in your hand (but only if you have the mana to cast it before you play a different card.)

Makes those turns complicated and you really have to think about ordering. Like your can get two preps but you need to prep into prep to dupe that card, which is only good with auctioneer.

Grief.exe

Damn, I opened my first ten packs on all of the card sets and I did really well. I don't think this could have gone better.

Carine
Lyra
Raza
Hallazeal

Did anyone notice a disproportionately higher level of golden cards?

gutshot

Passive hero powers are now a part of the main game. That's cool.

"During your turn", when exactly does that action occur? Is it always? So if you use one Shadow Reflections, you get another one instantly?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Damn, I opened my first ten packs on all of the card sets and I did really well. I don't think this could have gone better.

Care
Lyra
Raza
Hallazeal

Did anyone notice a disproportionately higher level of golden cards?

Epics and Goldens were more generous with the bug as well, yes.

Pooya

I think it's good enough. you can slot it in miracle even. It's effectively iceblock then it gives you more gas. People play shit like eater of secrets right now, this is better against mage and against everyone else. It will see play. The hero power is amazing.

I don't think there is any way to remove stealth from a hero.

Hybris

Quite interesting... copy the first card you play every turn, (mostly) immune to damage the turn after you play it. Super slow though. I don't think it fits miracle rogue, but maybe something else can spawn from this?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why do people keep saying this is a bug or glitch? Blizzard had a blog post saying this is how it was supposed to work.

For new sets (or ones that you hadn't gotten cards from before), not the old ones, unless I missed something and they changed their minds.

Top Bottom