• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

wiibomb

YES... pasive hero powers is something I wanted integrated in the main game long ago.

Also, wow, that is some confusing mechanics. They seem complex.

TankUP

Why do people keep saying this is a bug or glitch? Blizzard had a blog post saying this is how it was supposed to work.

They clarified that the Guarenteed legendary in the first 10 packs was only supposed to apply if you never opened packs from that set before.

Hybris

You are stealthed for a turn so you can't be targeted but you are still able to take damage from things that don't require a target like Hellfire or Hunter hero power.

A crappy ice block, effectively.

It's better than iceblock in some ways though. If you don't have board you can prevent direct damage to yourself even if you aren't close to death.

gutshot

They clarified that the Guarenteed legendary in the first 10 packs was only supposed to apply if you never opened packs from that set before.

OK. I didn't see that clarification.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if they originally expected to do it that way, found it was a lot more difficult to code and just figured they will make the 10 pack pity timer work on all sets beginning with this update.

f0lken

It copies the last card you play, soy you can stealth your hero, next turn play Alextrazza to be at 15 + 5 armor, and since it copies Alex, you can keep spamming Alex over and over again!

TankUP

OK. I didn't see that clarification.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if they originally expected to do it that way, found it was a lot more difficult to code and just figured they will make the 10 pack pity timer work on all sets beginning with this update.

They also said that resetting pity timers in the last update was an error and that they would reach out to affected parties with compensation. Seems the two things are related.

Pooya

Is shadow reflection a spell? In case you run out of cards you can turns this into other cards with the legendary??? or do they become it?

edit: you can't hoard shadow reflections why? that could make some otk possible. lame.

It copies the last card you play, soy you can stealth your hero, next turn play Alextrazza to be at 15 + 5 armor, and since it copies Alex, you can keep spamming Alex over and over again!
No, you can only do it twice. You can only have one Shadow Reflection in your hand at the time, do infinite combos like that don't seem to be possible.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is shadow reflection a spell? In case you run out of cards you can turns this into other cards with the legendary??? or do they become it?

edit: you can't hoard shadow reflections why? that could make some otk possible. lame.

I think it works like Shifter Zerus where it's some phantasmal clone of another card, but that card is always whatever the last card you played is.

What gets stealth your hero?

Also that hero power is insane with auctioneer
Your hero is the only thing that makes sense in this context.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Rogue is the first Death Knight I have seen that I think is actually viable. That passive hero power is damn good in Miracle Decks.

Now watch Auctioneer end up in Hall of Fame before the expansion launches.

f0lken

Rogue is the first Death Knight I have seen that I think is actually viable. That passive hero power is damn good in Miracle Decks.

Now watch Auctioneer end up in Hall of Fame before the expansion launches.

If not right before, it will be right after I am now 100% positive

TankUP

If you pass turns for like 5 turns then you can play 6 eviscerates in a turn for a huge burst of damage.

Edit: nope, you can't hoard shadow visions you have to use them the same turn. Probably for the best to avoid easy otks.

gutshot

I don't think the "during your turn" text is very clear.

It's very unclear. The only card that currently has that text in the game is Violet Illusionist and Immune is an effect that makes sense to have active "during your turn" and then lose it on your opponent's turn. So unless "during your turn" here means you lose the card at the end of your turn, it seems very poorly worded.

EDIT: Oh, looks like that is how it works. Interesting.

scarlet

If you pass turns for like 5 turns then you can play 6 eviscerates in a turn for a huge burst of damage.

Edit: nope, you can't hoard shadow visions you have to use them the same turn. Probably for the best to avoid easy otks.

If you don't play it, it leaves your hand. Only 1 shadow cards each turn, if you don't play a card, it's gone.

Pooya

in the video as soon the hero is played you get a shadow reflection, so if you can't play the reflection that turn you don't get another one next turn. That's a bit tricky, you need to have something play with this to get max value. Like backstab or something that cost 0 like the giant there. That's a bit restrictive.

edit just saw this

Shadow Reflection leaves your hand at the end of your turn, so it only works on 5 mana cards or less

that's a bit better I guess? it's same thing still. you lose a reflection if you can't play anything.

you probably want to play all of the 1 mana discover cards rogue has.

gutshot

This also means you should immediately get the Shadow Visions once you play your hero card, right? It would work pretty well with Arcane Giant in that case. Valeera the Hollow, Arcane Giant, Arcane Giant is a pretty good turn. In Wild, you can even Conceal so your whole board AND your hero is stealthed.

EDIT: I guess I should have watched the video since this exact scenario was played there. lol

f0lken

Got Caverns Below again from my Un'Goro packs, and since they aren't refunding the full 1600 dust I thought what the hell and made a deck again.

Right from 19 to 12 without losing a single game!

scarlet

in the video as soon the hero is played you get a shadow reflection, so if you can't play the reflection that turn you don't get another one next turn. That's a bit tricky, you need to have something play with this to get max value. Like backstab or something that cost 0 like the giant there. That's a bit restrictive.

You still get it next turn. You get 1 each turn, but if you don't play a card, it's gone.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
And since you can't get it unless you can cast it again, the 5 mana limit makes sense. Also making it leave your hand at end of turn is good because that will prevent a lot of nonsense infinite or near infinite stuff. The card seems REALLY cool and I can't wait to try it (or not, depending on pack RNG).

scarlet

Is that right? You should be able to copy 5+ mana spells but you have to be able to play them afterwards, the wording in that regard is ambiguous.

Only 5 mana or less.

Example:

Play 8 mana giant, only have 2 mana left. Can't play the other one, and it's gone.

Or do you have a copy of the 8 mana giant?

Now I'm confuse.

Pooya

Is that right? You should be able to copy 5+ mana spells but you have to be able to play them afterwards, the wording in that regard is ambiguous.

I think you should be able to prep thistle tea for example, the card turns into thistle tea, now you have mana to cast thistle tea again. it won't work with minions though.

Only 5 mana or less.

Example:

Play 8 mana giant, only have 2 mana left. Can't play the other one, and it's gone.

Now I'm confuse.

I think you have to use it the same turn or next turn you losse that one and get a blank copy of the card from the hero power

Only 5 mana or less.

Example:

Now I'm confuse.

the question is if mike donais was speaking of a literal cap to the spells it can copy or was referring that you only have 10 mana so it won't work with 5+ mana spells.

Sande

Imagine if Death Knight Rogue gets their hands on Jade Idol.

Druid can play 2 jades in 3 turns in the end game, rogue could play 5.

noxious is opening up packs and not getting the 10 pack legendary, however he also owns a full collection so that could have something to do with that, but then again toast probably does too but i dont know for sure

Fewr

Bought 18 packs total, I got:
Kun forgotten king (MSoG)
Inkmaster Solia (MSoG)
Unite Murlocs (JtU)
Voraxx (JtU)
Herald Volazj (OG)
Cairns Bloodhoof (Classic)
King Crush (Classic)

Top Bottom