• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Who has the anti-Jade card? I am anxious about that one.

The 5 mana is just a practical limit, not a hard limit. Like, if you Emperor Leeroy down to 4, you would have 6 mana to play the 6 mana Shadow Leeroy. Or if you somehow got Summoning Portal.
Or Counterfeit Coin. :)

Hybris

This rogue card is so unique I love it. The more I think about it, the more I think it will actually slot in well for miracle. I hope it's not too slow, but it's an auto win card against control decks (though you were already favored) and it can really give you that extra boost you need to beat mage. Sometimes you are only 1 turn off. Combo that with extra chances at iceblock from hallucination and swash burgler. This card could single handedly bring mage vs rogue to an even mu

gutshot

It goes like prep - thistle tea - copy prep - thistle tea = 6 mana?

No, Shadow Visions copies the last played card. So it would copy Thistle Tea but it would be at its full 6 mana cost.

So it goes:
0 mana - Prep (Shadow Visions is now a copy of Prep but you aren't going to play it)
3 mana - Thistle Tea (Shadow Visions is now a copy of Thistle Tea)
6 mana - Thistle Tea (Shadow Visions copy for full mana)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Who has the anti-Jade card? I am anxious about that one.

Or Counterfeit Coin. :)

Coin can't put you at 11 mana, so it wouldn't work. If you do Leeroy then coin, you would copy coin.

You can do the somewhat dumb thing of play the copy counterfeit coin, which may be a lot more potent than at first glance, especially if auctioneer is in play.

Beckx

I wonder how Lillian Voss interacts with the shadow card. Play Lillian, get Lillian copy, but then does that copy turn into an opponent's spell b/c it's really a spell?

scarlet

That's not how prep works though? Prep discounts thistle tea by 3, you play thistle tea for 3 then play shadow reflections thistle tea for 6.

Why would shadow reflections be prep?

I think once it copies a card, it can't be change?

Last card you played was prep, so it's gonna be a copy of prep?

Maybe I'm wrong.

gutshot

I think once it copies a card, it can't be change?

Last card you played was prep, so it's gonna be a copy of prep?

Maybe I'm wrong.

The text of Shadow Visions reads "Each time you play a card, transform this into a copy of it." So yes, it will keep changing.

Pooya

yeah, the priest legendary is going to be needed in wild if you want to beat mill rogue without a face deck. N'Zoth mill rogue deck looked really strong last time I played wild, even against face decks.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, the priest legendary is going to be needed in wild if you want to beat mill rogue without a face deck. N'Zoth mill rogue deck looked really strong last time I played wild, even against face decks.

Yeah this card is batshit crazy strong for symmetrical draw (aka mill) rogue.

I just want to get away from calling that type of deck mill, since they have finally introduced actual mill mechanics (Gnomeferatu).

I think it's a neat card, but so far I haven't seen any real strong suggestions. It's the type of card you need multiple turns to really get value off it. It's like passively drawing a second card every turn. It wins a top decking situation... maybe, because the turn you play it you've done nothing to affect the board.

It's unique and it looks fun. I'll probably craft it and try to make it work.

So far I am not seeing many combos that aren't better performed another way. Leeroy has shadowstep. Jades have shadowcaster, granted I still think this has a lot of potential with jades.

There are two unique uses I see so far. 1, it copies spells which rogue can't easily do except with rng off mimic pod. 2, arcane giants should work as arcane giant cost should be an exception to the whole "no cost reduction", cause it's not copying the cost reduction as a copied arcane giant will reduce itself.

I wish this could work with malygos somehow.

I think it's a neat card, but so far I haven't seen any real strong suggestions. It's the type of card you need multiple turns to really get value off it. It's like passively drawing a second card every turn. It wins a top decking situation... maybe, because the turn you play it you've done nothing to affect the board.

It's unique and it looks fun. I'll probably craft it and try to make it work.

So far I am not seeing many combos that aren't better performed another way. Leeroy has shadowstep. Jades have shadowcaster, granted I still think this has a lot of potential with jades.

There are two unique uses I see so far. 1, it copies spells which rogue can't easily do except with rng off mimic pod. 2, arcane giants should work as arcane giant cost should be an exception to the whole "no cost reduction", cause it's not copying the cost reduction as a copied arcane giant will reduce itself.

I wish this could work with malygos somehow.
Why wouldn't it work with Malygos?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Leeroy + Leeroy (copy) + Coin + Coin + Cold Blood + Cold Blood

Leeroy is 5 mana btw
that's only 20 damage for 12 mana

you're actually better off doing

leeroy + cold blood + cold blood + cold blood (copy) + eviscerate for 22 damage at 10 mana

throw another prep + evis in there and you can kill somebody from 26

Pooya

We've only seen one rogue spell so far I think. Maybe there is something else that works with this. It needs more support but the card is good. Maybe it doesn't work now but with more cards added it will be something one day.

Enjoying the card reveals from this expansion more than Un'Goro.

And Un'Goro was a great set, so that's pretty nice. Balance of course remains to be seen. But KOFT looks fun as hell. I'm excited.

cdViking

Bought 9 packs of Whispers to get the guaranteed legendary (returned to game for first time since 2015), and was greeted by... Nat the Darkfisher. Ended up with two golden epics/three golden rares for cards I already have, so still great dust value in advance of the new release, I guess.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
that's actually got the potential to be really gross

rogue goes stealth turn 9, you literally cannot kill them, and then they leeroy+cold blood combo you to death next turn

you are going to see it coming every time and you basically have to have a big taunt to drop or you just die

scarlet

that's only 20 damage for 12 mana

you're actually better off doing

leeroy + cold blood + cold blood + cold blood (copy) + eviscerate for 22 damage at 10 mana

throw another prep + evis in there and you can kill somebody from 26

The combo of emperor + leeroy + PO + Faceless manipulator is back again.

gutshot

If you get Warrior in this brawl, just concede. The deck is insanely bad compared to every other class.

I'm pretty sure the decks are completely random. I got Hunter and assumed it was going to be the dinosaur deck and my Shaman opponent would be elementals. But it was the reverse. At one point, I had two Lyras and a Neptulon in my hand.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
WOOOOOW That rogue hero card!!!

Mike Donais was right once again!

R4w5GDD.png

Pretty good pack...

Tagyhag

I'm sorry but Warrior is terrible in this Brawl lol.

This Rogue had perfect elemental synergy for 4 turns in a row, and I get a Clutchmother Zavas and a Lightfused Stegodon.

Like, what?

Finalow

For new sets (or ones that you hadn't gotten cards from before), not the old ones, unless I missed something and they changed their minds.

Why do people keep saying this is a bug or glitch? Blizzard had a blog post saying this is how it was supposed to work.
any idea if this is fixed now? If not I might as well join everyone in opening 10 packs of each set.

I didn't save packs for this, opened the ones I got last month as usual. I didn't even know it was gonna work out like this.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
any idea if this is fixed now? If not I might as well join everyone in opening 10 packs of each set.

I didn't save packs for this, opened the ones I got last month as usual. I didn't even know it was gonna work out like this.

I just did it and got a legendary in the first ten packs of gvg, wotog, msog and ungoro.

I have opened tons of packs of all of them besides gvg.

JesseZao

How do cards that return to your hand (Headcrack) interact with the shadow copy?

It's a terrible card, but just thinking if they were to expand on that mechanic later.

Top Bottom