• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

One issue in quest druid is drawing just the right amount of cards to take advantage of the effect, but not too much so your hand is too full. So it feels shitty having to nourish before quest completion.

Uhh, that's not an issue now. Can even afford to run more stall / defensive cards too.

This card is insane. Even if it doesn't fix quest druid it's insane.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
HOT ASTRAL DRUID CARD ALERT.

Yeah but for real it is insane value in Big Druid and the Quest/Ramp deck. So much draw, holy shit. Damn man, maybe even play it as a 1 of in Jade Druid to throw out a flood of Jades all at once.

gutshot

Man, Sprint looks like absolute shit now. For 3 more mana, you can draw one more card, deal 5 damage, gain 5 armor and summon a 5/5 lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What a hot mess of a card, what the hell.

But it does seem good when you compare it to other cards. Firelands portal is 5 damage and a 5 drop for 7, the 5/5 ghoul favorably compares to that but you draw 5 cards and get 5 armor for 3 more mana. Compared to pure draw spells it's also solid, like compared to sprint this card is hilarious.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I'd run 2 of these in every non aggro druid deck, this is one of those cards that you can play on turn 6-8 with some ramp and innervate. It gives you board control AND gives you enough cards to have answers for the rest of the game. This is an absurd card.

Dahbomb

Man, Sprint looks like absolute shit now. For 3 more mana, you can draw one more card, deal 5 damage, gain 5 armor and summon a 5/5 lol
I can't think of many cards that compete with this card value wise. Best is stuff like Nzoth if it fills board with minions or a super buffed Cthun or Yshaarj if it pulls a big minion. Or high roller Yogg.

This card is isnane with no set up or condition. Your only condition is you not being dead on board on turn 10 (or less if you are ramped up).

Pooya

I mean, pyro deals 10 dmg only, in a class that has no ramp and people play it just fine.

This deals 5 and does a whole lot more in druid, of course it will be good. It's probably the best standalone 10 cost card in the game, as in you don't need any investment for it to be good. It just is.

gutshot

e8ae05c71b499a2581582a821badc46f.jpg

Beckx

Card is also a closer in those Jade games where you have nothing but idols in your deck but only one in hand.

i like it a lot.

people in Trumpsc's chat thinking draw 5 is a drawback are crazy

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
You can literally just plop a jade idol in your deck and avoid fatigue, even if you run 0 jade.

Magnus

Complete your quest in druid, play this card next turn and throw down 3 big minions same turn.

The swing is real.

Sorry, please explain this further. How would you play anything in addition to this 10 mana card in the same turn if you haven't played Barnabus yet?

Hybris

Is blizzard drunk? What the hell is this garbage... They just threw some shit together and made a broken card. This is better than 8 mana call of the wild and we all know how busted that shit was...

wiibomb

that card is absolutely hilarious.

then again, this set is so nuts it has been filled with cards like that.

may be, maaaay be jungle giants could be playable in a kind of ramp druid with this card

Dahbomb

Peléo;245224077 said:
I might have heard we may get Warlock's Hero Card tonight. Any more info on that?
That and the supposed Jade counter.

So far they have shown a card that helps Jade Druid LOL!

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this card is nuts. But I don't think its like the most insane card ever printed. I mean shit for 10 mana it has to be insane to even see play. Even with Kun still around, I don't think I'd want 2 copies of this in the deck. So it may as well be legendary. If you run 2 copies of this it feels like it would be detrimental rather than helpful. You'd have to be running some kind of aggro deck or something that dumps it's hand so fast, that you'd probably be better served by not running 10 cost cards regardless of what they do.

Ketch

Another idea for a jade Druid counter:

7 mana Deal 1 damage for each duplicate card in the opponents deck.

So that's 15 damage for a standard deck on turn one, but by the time you can play it it's maybe 7 or 8 damage? But against jade Druid it could be a lot.

What do you think?

f0lken

Yeah this card is nuts. But I don't think its like the most insane card ever printed. I mean shit for 10 mana it has to be insane to even see play. Even with Kun still around, I don't think I'd want 2 copies of this in the deck. So it may as well be legendary. If you run 2 copies of this it feels like it would be detrimental rather than helpful. You'd have to be running some kind of aggro deck or something that dumps it's hand so fast, that you'd probably be better served by not running 10 cost cards regardless of what they do.

I think you run 2 of this for the same reason you run 2 bloodlust, so you can get the 1 you will use faster

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

So that's 15 damage for a standard deck on turn one, but by the time you can play it it's maybe 7 or 8 damage? But against jade Druid it could be a lot.

What do you think?

Do we want to counter Jades, or Counter Jade Druid? A generic jade counter would have to do something based off minions with duplicate names summoned, likely after the fact. "Battle Cry: Choose a Minion. Kill all minions with this name, gain +1/+1 for everyone summoned this game"

Hybris

What do you think?

Really easy to play around. You going over 2 or 3 jade idols in your deck doesn't do anything impactful. Shuffling early is a bad play anyway in many cases, so I can't find a time in the game where this would be worth it.

Top Bottom