• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Finalow

similar experience here regarding packs, found a legendary in the first 10 packs of all the sets except the classic one. I had gold to use so I went for it
barely any golden cards though, nothing changed there. I also wanted to get some GvG but apparently you can only get those from their online shop? Ugh.

//

I don't want to say that druid card is OP but I think it's close. you can play it on turn 8 with Innervate too

I almost feel like 5 draws is a sort of liability, since you need to be at 5 cards to cast it without overdrawing. The tempo part of the card makes it playable, but the draw is where the strength is at. It's in an odd spot for sure. If the tempo part happens to be low impact, it could be situationally bad. In a close value game, you could accelerate and win out though.

It does a lot of things, but it's not n'zoth, yogg, or anyfin.

FeD.nL

I almost feel like 5 draws is a sort of liability, since you need to be at 5 cards to cast it without overdrawing. The tempo part of the card makes it playable, but the draw is where the strength is at. It's in an odd spot for sure. If the tempo part happens to be low impact, it could be situationally bad. In a close value game, you could accelerate and win out though.

It does a lot of things, but it's not n'zoth, yogg, or anyfin.

While true that it might be a liability, a Ramp druid is also spending a lot of cards on that ramp, like with this card in hand holding a wild growth on 8 for the draw on 10 isn't neccesary anymore. Like the biggest problem Ramp druid had was figuring out when to refill your hand after ramping vs. interacting with the board. This does all that.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That feeling in arena when you play Elise on turn 5, but lose because un'goro pack is the last card in the deck.

Much worse is the feeling when you play AGAINST Elise in arena and the pack is their VERY NEXT FUCKING DRAW. They have 13 cards left. Get the pack instantly. Rekt by RNGeezus.

TankUP

I hope the Druid hero power is "Choose one: Summon a Jade Golem or shuffle three Jade Idols into your deck" and that it works with Fandral.

Sheroking

That Druid card is hilarious.

Iron Hide, a better Sprint and a more consistent Firelands Portal all in one card.

I hope the Druid hero power is "Choose one: Summon a Jade Golem or shuffle three Jade Idols into your deck" and that it works with Fandral.

God, no more Jade Golem crap please.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
they aren't going to print any more Jade Golem cards because they would rotate out of standard a full year after the rest of the Jades

sibarraz

Banned
I will love to see more "generic" cards that are obviously catered for those thematic deck like the gods or jade.

That way archetypes could still be supported while also not making cards that will be worthless in 4 more months.

It sucks that c'thun decks are not a thing now for example

I will love to see more "generic" cards that are obviously catered for those thematic deck like the gods or jade.

That way archetypes could still be supported while also not making cards that will be worthless in 4 more months.

It sucks that c'thun decks are not a thing now for example

Yea I wish C'thun got more support. N'zoth gets all the love

TankUP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-Q9RNDFVk

lmao, some losers spend a lot of time trying to piss of kripp. helping Kripp create content for his stream which has helped make him a multimillionaire.

Fixed that for you. He could hide his name like the other arena streamers do but he knows it's a.) part of his gimmick to be salty b.) good advertising for his stream when everyone who gets a good arena deck asks online "should I snipe kripp" c.) built in excuse for when he loses d.) makes his high consistency even more impressive which, again, helps his stream.

Never feel sorry for Kripp. He's a paid entertainer doing a shtick and he's doing very well at it.

Magnus

Is the HearthArena companion app safe and in accordance with Blizzard TOS? I don't want to get banned for this, but everyone is telling me to use it and that even Kripp uses it. Seems like cheating...

scarlet

Oh shit. I think I figured out what happened with the pity timers and everything.

The 10 pack pity timer went live with the most recent patch on July 11. But Blizzard didn't tell anyone. This change reset everyone's pity timer to 0 for each set but... there would be a guaranteed Legendary within the first 10 packs. Most people wouldn't even notice the difference. But this messed with people whose pity timers were in the high 30s at the time and were keeping track of it, like scarlet.

So scarlet's pity timer was at, say, 37 prior to the patch. The game gets patched and its now 0. He ends up opening 3 more packs to get to 40. No Legendary? WTF. He buys 7 more to find out what the hell is going on. Legendary on pack number 7 (10 pack pity timer!).

At the same time, the dupe code wasn't in the game yet. So scarlet opened a dupe Legendary and so did Blizzard when they unknowingly hit their 10 pack pity timers. I did the same thing, fishing for the Rogue Quest after the nerf and ended up with a dupe Umbra.

Now, of course, both the previously announced pack changes are live. So Blizzard finally makes a blog post. Anyone who has waited since July 11 to open ANY packs will all get 1 guaranteed non-duplicate Legendary within their first 10 packs of any set. But there are a few who already unknowingly hit that pity timer and may have gotten screwed with a duplicate Legendary.

My pity timer was 0, I bought 10 pre patch.

Then another 37 after patch.

And I always opened cards I got.

TankUP

lPJpDcPr.png

2 mana
Paladin Spell
"Give a minion "Deathrattle: Resummon this minion with 1 health"

Mulgrok

Is the HearthArena companion app safe and in accordance with Blizzard TOS? I don't want to get banned for this, but everyone is telling me to use it and that even Kripp uses it. Seems like cheating...

It doesn't violate anything. The app is just a crutch for newer players so they can get a feel for what cards are more valuable than others. It is far from perfect.

EDIT:
2 mana
Paladin Spell
"Give a minion "Deathrattle: Resummon this minion with 1 health"

That + primalfin is infinite value.

Magnus

It doesn't violate anything. The app is just a crutch for newer players so they can get a feel for what cards are more valuable than others. It is far from perfect.

Right, but what about the part of it that tracks your remaining cards while you play?

Pooya

yeah, I don't like how they're copying cards now with minimal changes. Sorcerer's apprentice is in priest and now this. The thing is this is probably more playable in N'Zoth paly than it is in control shaman. you don't have Tirion.

in wild people play old murc eye, play this on it and suicide it. that's a lot of damage.

TankUP

It's a clear advantage but because it's just an overlay that reads the logs but doesn't interact with/change the actual game itself it's okay to use.

I personally don't like that most arena players have outsourced their drafting to bots because that's the biggest skill test in the whole mode.

Grief.exe

Made a sweet value dragon priest with my new Lyra.

Ran into a Jade Druid 😐😐😐😐😐😐

That deck is ridiculous.

Tacitus_

Yes, it's as allowed as the Heartharena site itself, ie completely. It just automates typing stuff into the website.

Too bad you have to install the overwolf overlay to use it. Eugh.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Made a sweet value dragon priest with my new Lyra.

Ran into a Jade Druid 😐😐😐😐😐😐

That deck is ridiculous.

People are willing to play "bad" (meaning low overall winrate) decks like quest rogue and jade druid when they are super hard counters to a certain subset of decks.

This game needs to strive to prevent super hard counters.

TankUP

In my experience Dragon Priest beats Jade Druid. You can get big minions they can't remove faster than they can ramp into their big minions.

Triz

I had a win streak of 10 in Arena...It was a Druid Run that started 1-2. Final Boss was a Paladin that beat me...

Knocked out 8 people on that run according to the email

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah still not signing up for that regardless of how cool it is. I don't need more ads in my inbox thanks.

I feel like maybe this paladin spell is almost really good. At 1 mana it would be insane. At 3 mana complete trash. 2 mana... ehhhhh maybe?

The spell is slow and greedy, in a slower metagame you end up getting insane value with this thing on Tirion & co. But it is still worth something even in a more midrange deck. Even with 1 HP it will revive anything with a DS (of which paladin has quite a few) (and perhaps this will trigger the 1HP requirement for Steward of Darkshire? Does redemption do that?)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The paladin spell is them trying to push divine shield minions more. I just think it's too greedy for a divine shield deck.

if the meta slows down people will run way more silence effects meaning you have to play this when you can guarantee value.
Control paladin, I still hate calling it that for the record, stacks up nicely to aggro and midrange decks but not to value driven slow decks.

Top Bottom