• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Parshias7

So Blizzard let me know that I had a six game win streak in Casual/Wild and a 70% winrate as Paladin in Casual/Wild.

...the only time I play in that mode is when I put together decks to fill out Daily Quests. That Paladin deck? 26 Murlocs, 2xEquality, 2xConsecrate.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Why are a lot of people complaining that the Druid 10 cost spell draws too many cards? Is this a Gears of War 2 thing?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why are a lot of people complaining that the Druid 10 cost spell draws too many cards? Is this a Gears of War 2 thing?

Some people really, really don't like it when you burn cards. Typical loss aversion stuff and a lot of people don't understand card games mechanically enough to understand how burning cards or getting closer to fatigue isn't relevant most of the time. They just remember the times they lost an important card in a burn without evaluating the average case.

I really hope that spell was the Jade counter they were talking about because it would just be hilarious if it were.

"You counter jades by.... giving them an insane card they can probably fit into their deck!"

inky

Had a Priest deck today with 2xHogger + Ysera. Only went to 11 wins. sadly.

I also resisted the urge to accept 3 friend requests after a win. Felt good about that.

Got Swamp King Dred in my 4th Ungoro pack.
Nothing in 6 Classic packs except a Mountain Giant and Ice Block.
Got Madam Goya in my 2nd MSoG pack.
Got Hogger in my 10th WotOG pack.

Meh.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Got Swamp King Dred in my 4th Ungoro pack.
Nothing in 6 Classic packs except a Mountain Giant and Ice Block.
Got Madam Goya in my 2nd MSoG pack.
Got Hogger in my 10th WotOG pack.

Meh.

I got Yogg, Noggenfoogen, Velen, Pyros, Flame Leviathan and Foe Reaper 4000. So overall very disappointing for me too but still crazy value.

Beckx

I really hope that spell was the Jade counter they were talking about because it would just be hilarious if it were.

"You counter jades by.... giving them an insane card they can probably fit into their deck!"

Nah, blizzard just said that it was a Japan reveal so should happen some time soon (since it's now morning there)

My best pickup from opening packs yesterday were both Tyrantus and Jungle Giants, so I was forced into giving Big Guy Quest Druid a shot. I noticed many people are surprisingly unsure about how to deal with that deck. Soooo many have killed my Giant Anaconda when played only to see something like Tyrantus pop onto the board. They see the 3 Health and think it is easy to trade away, and seem to forget about the Deathrattle.

My best pickup from opening packs yesterday were both Tyrantus and Jungle Giants, so I was forced into giving Big Guy Quest Druid a shot. I noticed many people are surprisingly unsure about how to deal with that deck. Soooo many have killed my Giant Anaconda when played only to see something like Tyrantus pop onto the board. They see the 3 Health and think it is easy to trade away, and seem to forget about the Deathrattle.
I played two people who kept trading with my Dreadsteeds.

scarlet

As a control pally if I have the control tools, I'd attack anaconda/dragonlord. And then use my Tarim/Equality/Aldor etc

TankUP

UCOKhcf.jpg

RIP Jade Druid?

(EDIT: someone said it's fake? I dunno Japanese Hearthstone scene so I don't know if the guy who tweeted it would do that?)

EDIT 2: FAKE FAKE FAKE http://www.poxpulse.com/rune/id/857

That wouldn't have been a counter, that's just a complete breaking of the card, which they wouldn't introduce a new card for. They'd just change Jade Idol. Way less work.

TankUP

c1b952078f9a353bf54db7e68711c1b2.png

While we wait for the real card (Eater of Jades? Jadlakka Crawler?) I thought I'd share these stats I got in lieu of actual stats about my second account, which they couldn't provide since I only logged in one day in July.

TankUP

That fake card isn't even Frozen Throne themed either. They could tried a little bit harder.

The faker still fooled Hearthpwn, the HS announcements Discord, and a crap load of regular fans before being found out.

Just immaculate timing with the tweet right when people were expecting the reveal.

The faker still fooled Hearthpwn, the HS announcements Discord, and a crap load of regular fans before being found out.

Just immaculate timing with the tweet right when people were expecting the reveal.

Fair enough I suppose. Also can't miss the fact that this expansion has been pretty crazy that the effect was somewhat believable.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
a 3 mana rare card that just immediately wins you the game against the decks it's "hating"?

come on, people, I know we hate Jades here but what kind of wishful thinking is that?

a 3 mana rare card that just immediately wins you the game against the decks it's "hating"?

come on, people, I know we hate Jades here but what kind of wishful thinking is that?
You can play around it.

Don't shuffle until you will draw the shuffled cards.

Never end a turn with more than 2 shuffled.

Always end with a hand that has no Jade Idols.

It would take a bit of foresight, but it wouldn't be a hard counter. Just something you have to play around a lot, thereby slowing the endgame down.

That would have been such a stupid card, they would be better off sending Jade Idol to the HOF instead of making something that ridiculous.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
priest 2 mana 2/2 at end of ur turn give a friendly northshire cleric +1/1

For a second I thought you were serious with that Northshire Cleric thing. Don't do that when you're one of the first to show an untranslated card, please. =/

wiibomb

priest 2 mana 2/2 at end of ur turn give a friendly northshire cleric +1/1

Given how insane this set has been, I was actually going to believe this.

Anyway, this is a pretty good card, it is basically a 2 mana 3/3, it's not any difficult to have a 1 mana body on board for this. Subsequest turns with this alive skyrockets the value.

Yeah that's...pretty good. So priest now has 2 really good 2 drops? Yikes lol.

Edit: Here's the English version. Also I love how Mike Donais is on the subreddit waiting for the anti-Jade card to be revealed to see the reaction lol.

Top Bottom