• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I actually don't think the card is very good. Priest doesn't run too many 1-drops right now and I don't know what 1-drops besides Northshire Cleric that a Priest would even be interested in. I mean there's Mistress of Mixtures and the elemental thing but those get run in Quest Priest and this card doesn't belong there. This seems like the kind of thing a more aggressive class might want to do. I don't see how the rest of the Priest kit works with this at all.

if i craft shadowcaster and vile slayer where should i put them?

### RENOZOTH
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Backstab
# 1x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 1x (0) Shadowstep
# 1x (1) Journey Below
# 1x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 1x (1) Swashburglar
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Doomsayer
# 1x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (2) Jade Shuriken
# 1x (2) Jade Swarmer
# 1x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 1x (2) Sap
# 1x (3) Envenom Weapon
# 1x (3) Mimic Pod
# 1x (3) Shadow Strike
# 1x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 1x (3) Unearthed Raptor
# 1x (4) Piloted Shredder
# 1x (4) Tomb Pillager
# 1x (4) Xaril, Poisoned Mind
# 1x (5) Azure Drake
# 1x (5) Dark Iron Skulker
# 1x (5) Sludge Belcher
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAEBAaIHHooBtAH7Ae0CzQPUBe0FuQaIB90IuQ2BDpAQ8xHDFsQWyxb5qwKDrALgrAKyrQKStgL1uwKRvAKUvQL5vQL6vQL8wQLexALqxgIAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

i play the dumb jade cards cos i want an nzoth board that leaves finishers (usually like 10 pts of damage if they get reanimated) and its kind of the gimmick. i skip fan of knives cos im a greedy sob but i know i need to craft those two , i just hate giving anything up. xaril is key though, he can give you 1 mana shadowsteps which is crazy. i don't use gang up bc too much aggro, it would def go in a control meta but that's why it's not there (same reason i ditched boom), multiple renos are often more important than zoths (although that train of patches you can make too with gang up is hilarious but that's just depressing to throw on the board).

Blizzard

Banned
Turn 1 coin + ancient watcher.
Turn 2 shadow ascendant + silence

You now have a 5/6 and a 2/2 on turn 2.

Of course you have no cards and no draw so you presumably lose if someone can kill the 5/6 though.

4-3 Arena run. All 3 losses against Mage. She has an Answer for everything. I will not pay a dime to play Arena until Blizzard fixes this. Do something about this please, it's just not fun.

Blizzard

Banned
4-3 Arena run. All 3 losses against Mage. She has an Answer for everything. I will not pay a dime to play Arena until Blizzard fixes this. Do something about this please, it's just not fun.
Blizzard has fixed it for me, in the sense that 2 out of my last 19 arena runs have had mage offered, when on average I would expect 5-7 mage offers. :p

I thought it used to be even worse though. Didn't they specifically nerf certain Mage spells because they drafted them so easily?

Q8D3vil

I actually don't think the card is very good. Priest doesn't run too many 1-drops right now and I don't know what 1-drops besides Northshire Cleric that a Priest would even be interested in. I mean there's Mistress of Mixtures and the elemental thing but those get run in Quest Priest and this card doesn't belong there. This seems like the kind of thing a more aggressive class might want to do. I don't see how the rest of the Priest kit works with this at all.
Card is trash in standard.
If it gives +2 health it woud have been so much better.

Blizzard

Banned
Git Gud. Arena is more about drafting than your opponents.
Drafting is important, but mage has a lot more options than some classes. Which classes do you suspect have the highest winrates in arena, since you make this assertion?

If it makes you feel any better, I just went up against a Mage in Arena who had:
  • 2 primordial glyphs
  • firelands portal from one, I forget what the other one was
  • blizzard
  • polymorph
  • vicious fledgling
It was painful.

RIP Jade Druid

El4NaT1.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
For a second I thought that would destroy quests, but of course the quest would already be played.

It double punishes Druid because it kills Earthen Scales as well even if the Druid isn't jade. At least Druid got the crazy 10-cost spell to make them feel a little better.

It's mean to Hunter who has some 1-cost spells.
It's really mean to Paladin who has a bunch of 1-cost spells.
It's mean to Priest because It kills power word shield, mind vision, potion of madness, binding heal, FREAKING INNER FIRE.
It's mean to Rogue who has some 1-cost spells.
It's mean to Shaman because LOL NO EVOLVE.

scarlet

Bahahahahahahaha it's even more OP than the fake one.

Instant craft.

Sorry Fandral, don't think I'd play jade druid next meta.

Edit: RIP cold blood too.

Blizzard

Banned
So any lategame Paladin secrets are dead, though that's not such a big deal.

It kills upgrade if a warrior hasn't used it early.

It kills lategame iron hide and shield slide in case any Warrior deck needed those.
So jade druid still can get 8/8 without idols. Not a problem.
9/9 since you'll try to get at least 1 idol down before then. Unless you're suggesting you wouldn't try.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, that card may be more playable than I thought at first glance. I guess it comes down to if you can fit it into your deck or not, since you may need your own 1 cost spells. I don't see running 2 of them though.

Blizzard

Banned
The only previous card that could remove something from your opponent's hand is Dirty Rat off the top of my head. Are there others?

I feel like this is the first card ever printed that can destroy cards (not even discard or summon, destroy) from your opponent's hand. It's only the second card printed that can destroy cards from your opponent's deck, the first being Gnomeferatu (also from this expansion).

iirate

Yeah, that card may be more playable than I thought at first glance. I guess it comes down to if you can fit it into your deck or not, since you may need your own 1 cost spells. I don't see running 2 of them though.

The 1 mana purge can even work in your favor. I don't expect much to come from that, but we might see some creative stuff come from it. I like this more than Hemet, tbh.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know what this expansion needs? Illidan with his original effect. (Both players discard 3 cards and draw 3 cards). An Illidan Legendary would make a lot of since in a Lich King themed expansion, and it seems Blizard has softened up to allowing effects that negatively impact the opponent's hand/deck.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh wow, yet another thing I didn't think of:

Explore Un'Goro was a bad card before. Now it's literally instant fatigue if someone plays this. :p

Q8D3vil

Explore Un'Goro replaces your deck with 1 cost discover cards.

So that card...theoretically a turn 2 Druid could make the best use of it. Mana Coin+Innervate+Innervate and then use it. That is if you managed to get all 3 cards in your hand.
Loool, my bad i confused it with unguru pack from elise.
This new card is great, im surprised they didnt make it a legendary instead of fhe neutral trash. You will probably play one anyway.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
RIP Jade Druid

Ugh. They're seriously going the route of a tech card that's basically only good against one deck and a dead draw against basically everything else?

Are we sure this isn't another extremely poorly designed fake?

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh. They're seriously going the route of a tech card that's basically only good against one deck and a dead draw against basically everything else?
I listed a few other classes it affects above. Token shaman and inner fire priest seem pretty major to me, and maybe cold blood rogue.

That card seem pretty good against a lot of decks, especially in wild. Coining it out before a Mysterious Challeneger would be fun.

Ikkarus

The anti jade card is good but I wish it cost less mana to summon. Still, if it stops one of the most anti-control decks in HS I'm all for it.

Edit: It's also good against warrior too with Shield Slam, Upgrade etc.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I listed a few other classes it affects above. Token shaman and inner fire priest seem pretty major to me, and maybe cold blood rogue.

Is that card really that great against Jade Druid or Token Shaman? I mean, it's still low tempo no matter which deck you play against, and those decks don't exactly require drawing one of those two cards. The battle cry might basically do nothing if they weren't going to draw one of the 2 cards you are targeting or if they already used them.

It might still be ok against those decks specifically, but you can't forget to include how terrible it is against most other decks.

Guess it does annihilate inner fire priest, but it sounds like that's not exactly a popular deck right now. I'm also not really evaluating it for wild or future expansions.

Oh wow, yet another thing I didn't think of:

Explore Un'Goro was a bad card before. Now it's literally instant fatigue if someone plays this. :p

Explore Un'Goro actually has the potential for a comeback if fatigue warrior makes a comeback. It's basically the replacement Elise Starseeker, except in a meta where fatigue decks could never work. But this new card mostly wouldn't counter it since you could probably play around it easily enough.

It also doesn't seem like fatigue is coming back, but it does seem like they want it to come back.

Dart

The anti jade card is good but I wish it cost less mana to summon. Still, if it stops one of the most anti-control decks in HS I'm all for it.

Edit: It's also good against warrior too with Shield Slam, Upgrade etc.

Nice! doesn't affect my deck much (highlander quest priest) only run three spells and one is always at opening hand so... :)

awaken the makers
potion of madness
pw: shield

not sure if I can make space for it though...

Pooya

that's even a worse design than crabs, you will want to uninstall the game after this is played.

it gets rid of inner fire/potion combo too, I guess it has uses beyond jades.

Ikkarus

For the ant-jade card.

List of Standard spells this hits for each class:

Druid: Claw, Mark of the Lotus, Naturalize, Earthen Scales, Jade Idol, Savagery, Jungle Giants

Hunter: Arcane Shot, Hunter's Mark, Tracking, On the Hunt, Smuggler's Crate, Bestial Wrath, Stampede, The Marsh Queen

Mage: Arcane Missiles, Mirror Image, Open the Waygate

Paladin: Blessing of Might, Hand of Protection, Humility, Adaptation, Blessing of Wisdom, Divine Strength, Eye for an Eye, Lost in the Jungle, Noble Sacrifice, Redemption, Repentance, Smuggler's Run, Getaway Kodo, The Last Kaleidosaur

Priest: Holy Smite, Mind Vision, Power Word:Shield, Binding Heal, Inner Fire, Potion of Madness, Pint-Sized Potion, Awaken the Makers

Rogue: Deadly Poison, Sinister Strike, Cold Blood, Hallucination, Journey Below, The Caverns Below

Shaman: Frost Shock, Earth Shock, Forked Lightning, Lightning Bolt, Primal Fusion, Evolve, Finders Keepers, Unite the Murlocs

Warlock: Corruption, Mortal Coil, Soulfire, Lakkari Sacrifice

Warrior: Charge, Whirlwind, I Know a Guy, Iron Hide, Blood to Ichor, Upgrade!, Shield Slam, Fire Plume's Heart

fertygo

I dont endorse these bullshit tech card

All freeze mage will play this they already play eater of secret as one off might as well play this instead

Its can eliminate potential cheap heal card from druid and priest

Terrible idea

Pooya

I dont endorse these bullshit tech card

All freeze mage will play this they already play eater of secret as one off might as well play this instead

Its can eliminate potential cheap heal card from druid and priest

Terrible idea

It can get rid of the eye for an eye you just got, waiting for the right time to play it. The card is BS. It basically deletes mage's bad match ups for them.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
For the ant-jade card.

List of Standard spells this hits for each class:

Most of that stuff makes this card the equivalent of giving them a free hemet jungle hunter effect.

Which to be fair, this card does have the ability to be a hemet jungle hunter lite for yourself, which could be nice.

Top Bottom