• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

f0lken

I didn't even read it destroy in the hand too, that cards is seriously OP. It destroys so many combos is not even funny.

Ok, it is funny

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just like how no one played Pirate Warrior after Golakka Crawler went live right?

Every single time people fall for cards like these because they can only see the upside, and not the downside.

And this one has the added benefit of the commonly completely overrated impact of burning cards in the deck.

fertygo

6 mana 4/6 is not terrible

I already say it but most of meta right now not run with dropping overstatted minion on curve pretty much only murloc pally that run that strats. All other deck play some minion that just ok for stat

I dont see anything from this xpac that change that

So freeze mage, taunt warr etc can tech that card just fine

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
6 mana 4/6 is not terrible

I already say it but most of meta right now not run with dropping overstatted minion on curve pretty much only murloc pally that run that strats. All other deck play some minion that just ok for stat

I dont see anything from this xpac that change that

So freeze mage, taunt warr etc can tech that card just fine

You'd probably have better success running pitfighter, looking at it like that.

fertygo

Just like how no one played Pirate Warrior after Golakka Crawler went live right?
Do you miss Amnesiac and xixo goes batshit and ranting about Golaka crawler on their streeam?

Card is not exactly healthy either

These lopsided tech card is not ok

At very least Jade drood is dead in tournament with last hero standing format

Ikkarus

Personally I would rather Blizzard nerfed the jade idol card rather than introducing the card that just got announced but what's done is done I guess.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jesus that card is some omega hate. Not really a fan of the design.

Don't think it will really stop the decks from being played either, just sucks to run into that when it happens.

zoukka

Oh you guys, a 6 mana 4/6 suddenly destroys Jade Druid because they might lose some idols if they don't play carefully?

Get out of here.

And Golakka is so much better since a 2-mana 2/3 is decent in any matchup if you play it on curve + pirates are in multiple decks.

Mush

Today I learned that in Hearthstone if your opponent has Finja on board vs. my two minions and plays Equality and attacks and pulls two Warleaders from the deck the Finja lives.

Because that totally seems fair, right.

Today I learned that in Hearthstone if your opponent has Finja on board vs. my two minions and plays Equality and attacks and pulls two Warleaders from the deck the Finja lives.

The Murloc + Warleaders interactions have always been somewhat unintuive. You get used to it after the hundredth time you Pyromancer + Equality your opponent's murlocs and they don't die.

Dart

I forget about passive buffs sometimes too.

Most of you probably already know this too but I recently found out that if you barrow an enemy minion with madness potion/shadow madness etc. and you copy it the clone also has charge.

Papercuts

Oh you guys, a 6 mana 4/6 suddenly destroys Jade Druid because they might lose some idols if they don't play carefully?

Get out of here.

And Golakka is so much better since a 2-mana 2/3 is decent in any matchup if you play it on curve + pirates are in multiple decks.

It's not really just jade druid though, there's a good amount of 1 mana spells and especially for the future that seems pretty dangerous.

It hitting the hand is over the top, I think. It's one thing to remove cards from the deck you may not draw but being able to rip cards out of the hand is strong and makes it so the potential of counteplay is pretty linear since there's no strategy to holding it.

zoukka

It's not really just jade druid though, there's a good amount of 1 mana spells and especially for the future that seems pretty dangerous.

It hitting the hand is over the top, I think. It's one thing to remove cards from the deck you may not draw but being able to rip cards out of the hand is strong and makes it so the potential of counteplay is pretty linear since there's no strategy to holding it.

It's true that the hand ripping doesn't fit HS, but this hits late and how many decks rely on 1-mana cards to win? It also thins decks which can make late game better for either player.

Papercuts

It's true that the hand ripping doesn't fit HS, but this hits late and how many decks rely on 1-mana cards to win? It also thins decks which can make late game better for either player.

Just off the top of my head some strong 1 mana cards this hits in various classes

Druid: Earthen Scales, Jade Idol
Mage: Arcane Missiles, Mirror Images
Priest: Inner Fire
Rogue: Sinister Strike, Cold Blood
Shaman: Evolve
Warrior: Whirlwind, Shield Slam, Explore Ungoro (lol)

Not necessarily all in to win for most of them but certain Rogue and Druid archtypes get hit pretty hard. Also would wipe out razor petals I guess.

Evolve, Shield Slam, and Inner Fire can all be really huge hits too. But it's also a future thing, like a consideration for new 1 mana spells added can get wiped. I feel like it ripping from the hand will be an issue at some point when it comes to combo decks.

Revealed by RDU.

HjvZnU9.png

Even if the cards you destroy aren't necessarily required to end the game for your opponent it's still a huge win to take multiple cards at once in a control deck and get rid of an unfavorable matchup. You can build a deck that's built for the long game and not need to worry about jade idol but also remove some really annoying combo spells like inner fire and evolve. Even the existence of the card is somewhat meta breaking without it being played in too many decks.

jgminto

Lmao, Skulking Geist is the stupidest card they've ever made. If they know Jade Idol is that much of a problem, why not just Hall of Fame it early? Well, on the upside, I can look forward to playing some stupid fatigue decks again.

Peléo

1 mana less than Sense Demons. Maybe it doesn't give you Worthless Murlocs if it whiffs?

There is no such thing as useless murlocs as they can all be buffed or buff your Tidecaller.

Card seems good, but besides Brrloc I am not sure of what other murlocs Shaman would like to run in a non-aggro murloc deck.

Beckx

my snowflipper penguins are safe!

Jade has a high play rate and low win rate at top ranks, so I wonder whether people will take the tech card slot or not. it's not like you can run 4 crabs, eater, and this. well you can but...

i don't know. we'll see.

Dahbomb

I just did a brief overview of decks this kills/nerfs/hurts:

*Pseudo nerf to Secret Paladin, depends upon who plays their 6 mana card first.

*Big nerf to Miracle Rogue as it cuts both Cold Blood and Sinister Strike from the deck along with other 1 mana cards like Petals and Hallucination.

*Big nerf to Jade Druid obviously. This card makes it so that every control deck can now outlast them making them susceptible to both aggro and control. Might remove Jade Druids from meta completely

*Big nerf to Freeze Mage in Wild due to it killing Ice Lance.

*Malygos Shaman and Warlock in Wild because it destroys Lightning Bolt and Soul Fire.

*Big nerf to Combo Priest in Wild that nerfs stuff like Inner Fire, Power Word, Light of Naaru and Potion of Madness.

*Big nerf to Evolve Shaman as it destroys Evolve.

*Nerf to Control/Cthun Warrior because it removes Shield Slam.

I don't think the card was thought out well. In the process of it nerfing Jade Druid, it nerfs a bunch of other decks too and many of them are combo decks.

This also nerfs a bunch of other edge case stuff. Most importantly this card limits design space because every future 1 mana spell is going to have to be going up against this card.

Control decks benefit most from this except Control Warrior. Renolock would play this card no question, being able to deny a CW access to Shield Slam is great by itself. Then you get to improve match up against Freeze Mage, Miracolis, Combo Priest, Jade Druid etc.

Oh shit this also deletes Combo Priest, which was looking like tier one in Wild.

This card is insanely good. You crush so many non-Jade decks outright with this. Guaranteed 1x in any control deck.

You can even use this card to thin Your Own deck:
1) Hunter Quest.
2) Complete it.
3) Nuke your deck with this card.
4) Play the quest reward.

You have just eliminated the #1 weakness of Quest Hunter, which is low impact cantrips into a deck filled with 1-drops.

Someone totally has to try this.

Edit: ROFL, and I was so happy to get Lyra and Aya because I could play Combo Priest and Jade Druid now. Instead I think I need to go all in on Renolock this set. This card ANNIHILATES most of the bad Renolock match-ups. This is the most hateful hate card Hearthstone has ever seen.

If this set could have a 6 out of 5 card, this would be it. Deck crushing. Meta defining.

The Jade counter is real!!

Druid is going to start playing dirty rat?
Thaurissan. :)

Oh snap, you could wait until after a Freeze Mage uses Thaurissan to delete Frost Bolt and Thalnos. This is nuts.

Dahbomb

Yeah the card has applications of deck thinning so you can weed out your 1 mana spells to get better drops on top decks.

That's more fringe though and more reserved for curve decks like Secret Paladin. So I am thinking like Dragon Priest in Wild.

Dahbomb

for once it's helpful that Pally has no powerful 1 cost spells.
Actually for the foreseeable, Paladin can't make cheesy charge OTK decks with Blessing of Might. This was never really a thing but there was also the possibility of Blessing of Might x2 on a Leeroy then Faceless it with Emperor tick.

Now we won't ever see that even with more support cards.

This kills that Paladin quest too but I don't think people care.

Ikkarus

I guarantee the jade killer monster will be a one of in every deck outside of aggro and combo decks. It's very flexible and counters quite a few decks.

jgminto

The new card also eliminates the strategy of mulliganing Quest cards against certain decks. Unless you're 100% sure it's an extreme aggro deck, you're never going to mulligan your Quest back.

This isn't even bad against top aggro decks. I would not regret spending 6 mana to get rid of Upgrade and Mark of the Lotus. Those are huge tempo cards that make Renolock struggle.

The new card also eliminates the strategy of mulliganing Quest cards against certain decks. Unless you're 100% sure it's an extreme aggro deck, you're never going to mulligan your Quest back.
Yup. Before, Quest Priest could mulligan and get their quest later. N'Zoth would activate in the late game. You can't risk that now.

This isn't even bad against top aggro decks. I would not regret spending 6 mana to get rid of Upgrade and Mark of the Lotus. Those are huge tempo cards that make Renolock struggle.
at that stage of the game those cards are liabilities and I would refrain from playing this unless I needed the body or kept track of their 1 drops. You want aggro decks to draw their early game cards in the lategame, where their impact is lessened, not eliminate them from their decks.

Dahbomb

Suddenly Shaman and Warriors feeling better about their Rockbiter and Execute nerfs.

This nerfs weird stuff like Stampede, Tracking, Hunters Mark for Control Hunter as well. Yeah that's a meme and stuff but that's my point... this card is going to stifle design for the future as well. No 1 mana spell can be too powerful with this around unless it's a Quest.

Watch them make cards that remove 2, 3, and 4 mana carda from both decks...

Now those princes don't look so bad now!

Overall, not sure how I feel about this. Maybe Jades won't be a big deal later on and it won't be run.

Edit: Looking at what other people are saying, thus could just be ran for the hell of it. Just depends on the meta and what decks people are playing.

sibarraz

Banned

Get out of here.

The problem with this card is that not only destroys jade idol, but also, earthen scales, a card that imo in most of the match ups, is most important than jade idol since is the card that most of the time allows you to breath an extra turn when yu are at the verge of dying and gives you enough fuel to start a comeback.

Like someone said, if mage runs this card and play it on turn 6, is an insta concede for jade druid, since you will lose half of your potential armor

Oh snap, you could wait until after a Freeze Mage uses Thaurissan to delete Frost Bolt and Thalnos. This is nuts.

This card doesn't destroy minions

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Man, that card is nuts-o.
It's good that it works on both players, it forces you to design your deck in a certain way.

Also: GET BOPPED JADE IDOL!!! GET BOP'D!!

Top Bottom