• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Man, my ladder anxiety is real. 75% win rate (I only played Paladin this season to get to 500 wins) and yet I couldn't get the motivation to play more than 27 games. yikes.

zcI0Eep.png

wiibomb

kibler just mentioned that they will be revealing a card tomorrow during omnistone

it is a legendary (looks a little like a DK) and mike donais will be revealing it, kibler doesn't actually know which card it is.

Omnistone is at 1pm PT tomorrow

Tacitus_

This guy discovers a Ragnaros from the elemental thingy and then divine shields it while I'm at 3 HP and have a mind control in hand

Fucker also got two Tarims from his generate a taunt legendary minion.

Ladekabel

kibler just mentioned that they will be revealing a card tomorrow during omnistone

it is a legendary (looks a little like a DK) and mike donais will be revealing it, kibler doesn't actually know which card it is.

Omnistone is at 1pm PT tomorrow

Since it's Kibler I would think it will be the Priest DK which will be Dragon related. Or I'm horribly wrong.

wiibomb

Since it's Kibler I would think it will be the Priest DK which will be Dragon related. Or I'm horribly wrong.

they mentioned the Priest DK had something to do with shadowform, so I totally expect some kind of new shadowform.

Also the image heavily resembles shadowform anduin.

Pooya

somehow I lived through 2x pyro and triple iceblocks. Only possible with 2x Kalimos.

Glyph balanced card.

Kalimos is my bro, it's not OP or anything but it's a very handy tool. Specially if you get more than 1.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
somehow I lived through 2x pyro and triple iceblocks. Only possible with 2x Kalimos.

Glyph balanced card /s

Kalimos Da GOD.

With Kalimos, Jinyu Waterspeaker and that Hot Springs Elemental Shaman is really coming out ahead in healing with bodies attached. So much so that Priest is kinda looking like a bad healing class since all their heals are spells. How did we get here? Resto Shaman is good? Shadow Priest is good? What is this Burning Crusade WoW? I thought we were in Frozen Throne here..

It's kind of mind blowing to me that Arena hasn't seen a complete rework by now. The mode just has way too many flaws as it is. Oh well, at least after these free arena runs are done with I can go back to not touching it.

Grief.exe

I just climbed from 20-15 probably the fastest I have ever gone with a Dragon Priest deck.

So much fun to pilot with Lyra, Elise, and Shadow Visions.

Interestingly, the best card to keep off the Mulligan is Book Wyrm according to HSReplay.

In WoW, Shadow Priests heal themselves and their teammates by dealing damage to enemies. They also regenerate mana for their team.

My guess and hope is that the Priest DK increases your Shadowform damage and gives it Lifesteal. I don't know how it would work with Shadowform itself, but that is my basic expectation at this point.

Dart

How crazy would it be for the Dk to have hero power be like deal x dmg/ life steal of it kills an enemy minion resummon as a friendly minion

LOL

Kangi

Screwed around in ranked for once. Purify Priest mirror. Drew silences early with nothing to silence. Dropped him to 17 health but wound up on the losing side... up until he pointlessly leaves up my silenced acolyte on turn 10. Purify, Purify, Power Word: Shield. Draw my second Divine Spirit. Double Divine Spirit into Inner Fire. "Thank you."

He even deliberated silencing his Watcher. The second he did I thought it was over, but then he goes face with it. Why would you greed for four damage in a priest mirror?!

Schnauzer

Why not just gain shadow forum. Also every time you damage heal a random friendly character.

Fade: as long as you have minions you can not be targeted this turn.

Now it need something more..

I have a hard time thinking of anything I would even want for Warlock.

Is it just me or has today been light on card reveals?

C'mon Blizzard! ...I need my fix...
We got a big bomb, though!

Why not just gain shadow forum. Also every time you damage heal a random friendly character.

Fade: as long as you have minions you can not be targeted this turn.

Now it need something more..
It would need to interact with the current Shadowform in some way.

Fade way too good - Valeera only gets Stealth for one turn.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
New cards got me back to HS for one arena run.

5 games in:

https://imgur.com/a/vS7Zi

Yeah, back to quitting this shit ass shit game. I know some people think I suffer of health issues but honestly? I think those playing and enjoying this game must be the ones with issues. Or, these people simply haven't played anything good in the past 3 years, thus being stuck with a game they think they like.

Oh well, back to that one card game that requires, you know, actual skill. Have fun with the new expansion boys.

Edit: I honestly wish I could give away my 30k dust and 15k gold. That would be my only guarantee for not coming back. I might just save them for that one expansion/rehaul when they decide to make the game good, which should be around the time when the playerbase is at around 500k and they're forced to give a fuck.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
New cards got me back to HS for one arena run.

5 games in:

https://imgur.com/a/vS7Zi

Yeah, back to quitting this shit ass shit game. I know some people think I suffer of health issues but honestly? I think those playing and enjoying this game must be the ones with issues. Or, these people simply haven't played anything good in the past 3 years, thus being stuck with a game they think they like.

Oh well, back to that one card game that requires, you know, actual skill. Have fun with the new expansion boys.

Edit: I honestly wish I could give away my 30k dust and 15k gold. That would be my only guarantee for not coming back. I might just save them for that one expansion/rehaul when they decide to make the game good, which should be around the time when the playerbase is at around 500k and they're forced to give a fuck.

How many games have you broken something playing. It ain't just hearthstone.

You can dust your collection then start crafting golden legendaries until you're out of dust then dust them and repeat until no more dust or cards.

wiibomb

Anyone who didn't open packs back then in the pity timer problem got the dust? I wonder if there is a chance other people might get some extra dust

Dart

How many games have you broken something playing. It ain't just hearthstone.

You can dust your collection then start crafting golden legendaries until you're out of dust then dust them and repeat until no more dust or cards.

Ashes to a ashes, dust to dust. Burn it all down.

Seriously tho yoshi's got quite the temper.

edit: Also I did not get 2000 dust :( but I guess I got more than that in legendary cards :p

scarlet

Here's from the e-mail

Greetings,

Patch 8.4 for Hearthstone introduced new infrastructure to prepare for the recently announced improvements to card drop rates. As a side effect of this change, a small number of players who opened packs after the patch launched received one fewer Legendary or Epic card than they would have otherwise. We have identified you as one of those players, and we've given you 2000 Arcane Dust to use however you want!

Thank you for your continued support, and we'll see you at the Inn!

Hearthstone Team

I think it's safe to say that you'd get 2k dust if you open packs after the patch. Not sure if the amount matters.

Grief.exe

In retrospect, should have opened a couple of packs while the bug was well known. It was obvious Blizzard was going to placate the community after the knowledge of the bug went public.

In retrospect, should have opened a couple of packs while the bug was well known. It was obvious Blizzard was going to placate the community after the knowledge of the bug went public.

I think you might have had to actually trip your pity timer, I opened a solid dozenish ungoro packs since I didn't care about waiting for the changes as mine just tipped over, and didn't get the dust

Nachos

I think you might have had to actually trip your pity timer, I opened a solid dozenish ungoro packs since I didn't care about waiting for the changes as mine just tipped over, and didn't get the dust
I didn't get anything, either, and I specifically opened packs figuring I'd probably get compensated.

Triz

Drafting is important, but mage has a lot more options than some classes. Which classes do you suspect have the highest winrates in arena, since you make this assertion?

If it makes you feel any better, I just went up against a Mage in Arena who had:
  • 2 primordial glyphs
  • firelands portal from one, I forget what the other one was
  • blizzard
  • polymorph
  • vicious fledgling
It was painful.

If I can take a Druid 11-3 You can take any class to 12 wins in Arena. Also, With all the free wins I'd argue Arena is even easier right now with all the non hardcore participating. I know I have seen my average run skyrocket. I don't play ladder I play Arena exclusively after I hit 20 to earn the cardback. I understand Mage is typically 12 win EZ mode, but bitching about mage without drafting to counter doesn't help your case.

Top Bottom