• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

zoukka

Freeze doomsayer next turn, curved to alex

boom freeze mage boned druid

Many cards start to seem insane when you dream up sweet draws and combos with them.

What people don't seem to realize, that while in some matches Geist will fuck up your opponents day in the case he loses cards from his hand, the card doesn't gain you any tempo or even value most of the time. It's a tech card yes, but a tech card that doesn't directly win you anything. It's effect is delayed like both Elise's so in some matches it does absolutely nothing. In best case scenarios it can win you the game, but I will bet it's not common enough that this will be a one off in most decks (like Loatheb was).

It all just comes down to consistency like with any other tech card.

fertygo

Many cards start to seem insane when you dream up sweet draws and combos with them.

What people don't seem to realize, that while in some matches Geist will fuck up your opponents day in the case he loses cards from his hand, the card doesn't gain you any tempo or even value most of the time. It's a tech card yes, but a tech card that doesn't directly win you anything. It's effect is delayed like both Elise's so in some matches it does absolutely nothing. In best case scenarios it can win you the game, but I will bet it's not common enough that this will be a one off in most decks (like Loatheb was).

It all just comes down to consistency like with any other tech card.

And yet current best deck on format run Eater of Secret

zoukka

And yet current best deck on format run Eater of Secret

Which is a tempo card like Loatheb, Golakka and Oozes are. Geist isn't.

And I am not saying Geist is bad by any means, but people make it sound it's the end of hearthstone. Loatheb was much more powerful and back then people rightfully doubted if it would be OP, but the meta adapted. Geist will not have a similar impact at all.

scarlet

Card
DGYKC9fU0AAD0g4.jpg

Seems pretty bad.

Not sure what else there is to say lol. Stats aren't good enough for the amount of overload. You're essentially skipping a turn to play it.

I guess it's a reasonable choice from Stonehill against aggro.

So don't play it on turn 3 without a good 1 mana follow up?

The value in the card is there. It's basically a feral spirit with 2 more health for 1 more overload, which is fine.

I think the card is decent. 8 health on a 3 drop is not a joke.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
At the very least it should be the same as farseer, if the oponent leaves it alive, it gives 3 health value, if the oponent trades, 3 health, if the opponent has a removal for it, it actually is good since a card was used for it.

Besides, this isn't a big threat, the opponent most likely won't be too pressured to remove it, but it can have the potential to make it more sticky with PWshield or kabal priest.

1. You don't get the heal immediately, you have to wait a turn.
2. You don't have the flexibility to combo with Auchenai
3. If it gets destroyed through a removal spell, a board clear, or a battlecry, you don't get the heal.

So yeah, lots of downsides, too.

As for the Shaman taunt thing... meh. It's a 5 mana minion that you pay 6 mana for. Overload (3) hurts a lot because you only have 1 mana on Turn 4, which means you can't even play a totem. Plus you already have access to Feral Spirit and Hot Spring Guardian which are probably just better cards in general.

scarlet

Jesus, so many people on reddit complaining not getting 2k dust, cuz they didn't realized they didn't hit the pity timer or mistaken the pity timer bug which happen few weeks ago with the "bug" yesterday.

"I bought 10 packs got 0 legendary yesterday, where's my 2k dust?"

They didn't even read the explanation other redditors posted.

Fewr

I would be really disappointed if blizzard doesn't release on august 10th. My hype is going through the roof.
Same.

This time the expansion cards and events have been fantastic.

I have a terrible memory of it, but what did we have last time?
- Ben Brode rap
- lifecoach drama
- daily login bonuses for a week
- fight promoter

This time:
- comics
- ice cream citadel stuff
- fire & ice festivals
- the 10 pack legendaries thing and 2k dust owed to some
- extra packs in un'goro bundles bought with money and wild stuff back in the shop
- 2nd Ben Brode rap
- they started sending an email with personalised statistics too

scarlet

Same.

- Ben Brode rap
- lifecoach drama
- fight promoter

This time:
- comics
- fire & ice festivals
- extra packs in un'goro bundles bought with money and wild stuff back in the shop
- 2nd Ben Brode rap

+ 3 free arena runs
+ 3 free KFT packs from arena
+ 3 free single missions
+ 3 free packs from single missions
+ free hero card from single mission
+ double gold

Same.

- Ben Brode rap
- lifecoach drama
- fight promoter

i seem to remember getting a free golden volcanosaur.

gutshot

I wonder if the statistics email is one of the things Brode alluded to in his AMA? He said he didn't like profile pages, like what Overwatch has, but they were going to do other stuff to show relevant statistics to players.

ZealousD

- Ben Brode rap
- lifecoach drama
- fight promoter

Don't forget Maiev.

+ 3 free arena runs
+ 3 free KFT packs from arena
+ 3 free single missions
+ 3 free packs from single missions
+ free hero card from single mission
+ double gold

You also get Bolvar for free if you beat the Lich King. Then you get the Arthas hero portrait if you beat him with all nine classes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Same.

- Ben Brode rap
- lifecoach drama
- fight promoter

This time:
- comics
- fire & ice festivals
- 2nd Ben Brode rap

Ben Brode as Game Director is the best thing that could happen to Hearthstone and its community.
#TeamBrode

And i really like how they're revealing the cards too. (notwithstanding the July 24th reveal)

bunbun777

If you activate dk jaina, would baron geddon's 2 damage effect have life steal or just his direct damage? Also wondering about Anomalus.

wiibomb

You also get Bolvar for free if you beat the Lich King. Then you get the Arthas hero portrait if you beat him with all nine classes.

wait, bolvar?? never heard of this

If you activate dk jaina, would baron geddon's 2 damage effect have life steal or just his direct damage? Also wondering about Anomalus.

it would get life steal, yes. all damage made by a card with lifesteal counts as lifegain.

unsure about anomalus, but it should be the same
I think

gutshot

I believe Lifesteal works with any damage done, so Geddon's end of turn effect and Anomalus's Deathrattle should both heal you.

ZealousD

I didn't know about Bolvar. Source?

Sorry, apparently that was on the Berenstein timeline. I could have sworn I heard that on the video where they talked about the missions but I rewatched it and it wasn't there.

I don't think you get 3 Large Community Figures and the Lead Game Designer for a single Card. I expect them to at least show off the remaining Death Knights based off the little Promo Art they threw together, and I could see it have 6-10 cards shown off total.

It's not an official blizzard stream, Donais is just going to be a guest on Omnistone.

Beckx

I don't think you get 3 Large Community Figures and the Lead Game Designer for a single Card. I expect them to at least show off the remaining Death Knights based off the little Promo Art they threw together, and I could see it have 6-10 cards shown off total.

kibler referred to it as "the card" - "I don't know even know what the card is"

i mean yes they could suddenly do a blowout but i would go in only expecting one card.

Beckx

So what happened to revealing all the other Death Knights this week?

Were they intending to do them all at once?

they clarified on tuesday that it was a mistake, and while "most" would be revealed, some would not.

revealing one today puts us at 5/9, hitting the "most" target

wiibomb

this brawl is messed up.

I have won 2 times as mage and it hasn't counted me any of those wins towards my mage win daily quest.

wiibomb

Do we know which death knight they're showing today? (I hope warrior or druid, I want my warlock to be last)

there is no confirmations for a DK card for today. I hope they do, but not sure yet.

if I had to say, I would bet it is the Priest DK, because Kibler is a prominent priest player and they are revealing today a legendary card in his podcast (Omnistone) with mike donais.

Pooya

Today, they're probably going to announce a stream for Monday to reveal rest of the cards. There are like 40 something cards left, that's usually the limit when they do the final stream, because like half those will be for the facebook dump.

Top Bottom