• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Blizzard

Banned
If I can take a Druid 11-3 You can take any class to 12 wins in Arena. Also, With all the free wins I'd argue Arena is even easier right now with all the non hardcore participating. I know I have seen my average run skyrocket. I don't play ladder I play Arena exclusively after I hit 20 to earn the cardback. I understand Mage is typically 12 win EZ mode, but bitching about mage without drafting to counter doesn't help your case.
For one thing, you didn't really answer my question. What classes do you think are best in arena?

For another, who/what are you talking about when you say bitching without drafting to counter?

wiibomb

New card.

Lifesteal

Dart

It's alright, yeah priest is getting some decent early game help.

I like the art, though it looks like a giant legendary Crystal

Triz

For one thing, you didn't really answer my question. What classes do you think are best in arena?

For another, who/what are you talking about when you say bitching without drafting to counter?

I said I know mage is probably the best in Arena, closely challenged with Paladin right now. My bitching comment wasn't directed at you its all the "I went 4-3 in Arena and mage beat me 3 times." Since the frost festival started I haven't had less than 6 wins, due to the easy competition. Pick mage if you can in Arena, draft against mage/paladin if you cannot was my point.

Magnus

Hah, got the 2000 dust. Did everyone?

I already feel like I'm swimming in the riches due to the pity timer reset two days ago. Up to 18k dust and a Fuck Ton of extra goldens to DE if I ever ran out (probably enough for 15k more dust)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is that Priest card really any better than Earthen Ring Farseer?

I'm kind of thinking it might actually be worse.

Blizzard

Banned
Hah, got the 2000 dust. Did everyone?

I already feel like I'm swimming in the riches due to the pity timer reset two days ago. Up to 18k dust and a Fuck Ton of extra goldens to DE if I ever ran out (probably enough for 15k more dust)
Definitely not. I only have like 960 gold because of spending gold thinking the 10-legendary rule was already in effect for Un'Goro. I have maybe enough dust for 1-2 legendaries despite tons of arena runs and quest completions.

Blizzard replied to my support ticket by saying nothing was wrong with my account, and the 10-pack thing is only for "new" sets. I don't understand how that explains whoever bought 10 WOTG packs for the first time and didn't get a legendary, but maybe the packs had to be bought after the new rule were turned on?

So it would appear I got my dupe legendary on July 28th, then dupe protection and the 10-pack rule turned on, and I screwed myself by opening 22 packs since then for no reason. I didn't get the 2000 dust. I even opened 2 GVG packs for the first time ever, so it's possible that another 8 GVG packs would get me a legendary. I'm not sure it's worth $12 to find out, though.

I wonder if all this Lifesteal for Priest is Blizzard's way of trying to make Shadowform viable.

It won't work. I've tried a lot to make Shadowform work, and there are two serious problems this does not help with:
1) Shadowform is 2 cards in your deck, and you NEED both of them to really make Shadowform work (you usually don't use it until you are at 10 mana, and then you double hero power during that turn).

2) It's 3 mana that does nothing on the turn you play it. That's a massive tempo loss early game, which is part of why you need to play it late (since 2 mana for 2 damage still isn't impressive).

If they want to make Shadowform work, the best way to do it is:
1) Let the Deathknight Priest card draw both of your Shadowform cards while giving Lifesteal.
2) Rework Shadowform so that each card past the first one gives +1 damage.

This would mean that, with Shadow Visions, you could potentially have 5 ways to go Shadowform - no risk of it being on the bottom of your deck. There's also no loss in searching for Shadowform with Shadow Visions, because the damage stacks.

As it is, there's no reason to search for Shadowform because it makes one of your later Shadowforms a dead card, and now you are spending FIVE mana on a mediocre ability.

Basically, unless the DK Priest is amazing or Shadowform is getting reworked, the card is permanently bad.

It depends on the deck you are facing, but a buff like PW:S or Talon Priest makes it a very solid card. Comparable to PotF.

wiibomb

At the very least it should be the same as farseer, if the oponent leaves it alive, it gives 3 health value, if the oponent trades, 3 health, if the opponent has a removal for it, it actually is good since a card was used for it.

Besides, this isn't a big threat, the opponent most likely won't be too pressured to remove it, but it can have the potential to make it more sticky with PWshield or kabal priest.

Dart

It won't work. I've tried a lot to make Shadowform work, and there are two serious problems this does not help with:
1) Shadowform is 2 cards in your deck, and you NEED both of them to really make Shadowform work (you usually don't use it until you are at 10 mana, and then you double hero power during that turn).

2) It's 3 mana that does nothing on the turn you play it. That's a massive tempo loss early game, which is part of why you need to play it late (since 2 mana for 2 damage still isn't impressive).

If they want to make Shadowform work, the best way to do it is:
1) Let the Deathknight Priest card draw both of your Shadowform cards while giving Lifesteal.
2) Rework Shadowform so that each card past the first one gives +1 damage.

This would mean that, with Shadow Visions, you could potentially have 5 ways to go Shadowform - no risk of it being on the bottom of your deck. There's also no loss in searching for Shadowform with Shadow Visions, because the damage stacks.

As it is, there's no reason to search for Shadowform because it makes one of your later Shadowforms a dead card, and now you are spending FIVE mana on a mediocre ability.

Basically, unless the DK Priest is amazing or Shadowform is getting reworked, the card is permanently bad.

It depends on the deck you are facing, but a buff like PW:S or Talon Priest makes it a very solid card. Comparable to PotF.

I run one shadowform, two is risky even in a non highlander deck. I could always rng fetch it via shadow visions or kabal curier (it happens) *if I need too. More often then not I use it after playing Raza and having the heal from either potion or quest for security or not at all against aggro.

I run one shadowform, two is risky even in a non highlander deck. I could always rng fetch it via shadow visions or kabal curier (it happens) *if I need too. More often then not I use it after playing Raza and having the heal from either potion or quest for security or not at all against aggro.

that jewel bug beast was a good way of snagging a second shadowform since priest didn't have a lot of 3 mana cards, i guess with this exp there are a few of them nowadays tho, it'd feel real bad to snag glimerroot or something off of that discover

on a similar note, hunter should get a beast inquisitor that changes hero power. it would be a little op but pally with murlocs is no less ridiculous (actually in wild recruits are like a better tribe on their own, so good i can use vinecleaver and not feel dumb)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I feel its going to be really good for Priest, since it will give a very powerful tool to combat Aggro. You will ether force out removal, or for the enemy to trade, since this thing will really shut down any aggro deck if allowed to live and be buffed at all. I think more health would make this flat out broken, and think this card is going to see a lot of play.

lol just beat a rogue in arena where I was down to 1hp and armorsmith and a lot of draws just kept stalling out to the point where I put him down to 1 with a 1 attack weapon in hand and him being 2 off lethal from board.

I'd share the game but deck tracker doesn't seem to be recording arena games atm.

10-1 atm though

I didn't get dust but I opened very few packs in the last 2 months anyway.

At least I am pretty certain I already had all the dust I have atm. Barely been paying attention to it though.

Up to 3.5k dust somehow.

Q8D3vil

That priest card is trash, should have been a neutral tbh.
I'd give it 3/4 stats if they wanted it to be competitive class card.

bunbun777

No dust for me boo hoo. Only started opening packs when they officially changed it to the first 10 packs thing so I guess that's why.

recruit pally is so insane in wild. double LITJ, M4B and SAD. i use vinecleaver instead of justicar but either so ridic with adaptosaur and quartermaster and 3 tarims. quartermasters so worth my dust.

That priest card is trash, should have been a neutral tbh.
I'd give it 3/4 stats if they wanted it to be competitive class card.

Not every card has to be super competitive. French vanilla minions usually are not. And priest already has a 3m 3/4. And 3/3 is fine tbh cause if you get 2 damages out of it, you've healed twice over ERF. That approaches healbot strength.

Q8D3vil

Not every card has to be super competitive. French vanilla minions usually are not. And priest already has a 3m 3/4. And 3/3 is fine tbh cause if you get 2 damages out of it, you've healed twice over ERF. That approaches healbot strength.
Inbefore it dies to war axe/frostbolt and wrath.
Priest cards are disappointing, but i expected that they dont give a shit after purify.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Isn't it just one card announcement?

I don't think you get 3 Large Community Figures and the Lead Game Designer for a single Card. I expect them to at least show off the remaining Death Knights based off the little Promo Art they threw together, and I could see it have 6-10 cards shown off total.

Nachos

I don't think you get 3 Large Community Figures and the Lead Game Designer for a single Card. I expect them to at least show off the remaining Death Knights based off the little Promo Art they threw together, and I could see it have 6-10 cards shown off total.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I could've sworn someone from Blizzard recently hinted at the blowout stream they usually do at the end of reveal cycles being on Monday. If that's true, I don't see them unveiling all the remaining Death Knights tomorrow, though I'm sure they'll show at least one.

Also, that video thumbnail can be made in Photoshop really quickly. I wouldn't take that as a hint of how big the stream is going to be the same way actual artwork could be.

actually now that i think about it maybe all the packs i opened during the bug were from arena, and not bought in the store. maybe that's why didn't get dust.

Hycran

Banned
I opened my packs on Aug 2, do I get the dust?

Also, i've got the pre-order packs and I've got 9000 gold give or take, i am very ready for this expac. I'm hoping to put together a bunch of good decks and sock some gold away for the future.

scarlet

I opened my packs on Aug 2, do I get the dust?

Also, i've got the pre-order packs and I've got 9000 gold give or take, i am very ready for this expac. I'm hoping to put together a bunch of good decks and sock some gold away for the future.

If you open after the latest patch you won't get it.

Q8D3vil

Still angry about purify? The card has more than shown itself to be viable.
Well, last expansion we got Lyra and before that we got Drakop so i thought we were getting some decent midrange minion but apparently blizzard dont care.
Priest will definitely be better after this expansion, but i expected much better cards.

Tacitus_

I said I know mage is probably the best in Arena, closely challenged with Paladin right now. My bitching comment wasn't directed at you its all the "I went 4-3 in Arena and mage beat me 3 times." Since the frost festival started I haven't had less than 6 wins, due to the easy competition. Pick mage if you can in Arena, draft against mage/paladin if you cannot was my point.

How would you even draft against mage?

zoukka

Most people here have not even commented on the actual power level of the card, they just think it's a bad card to make for the game in general and they are right in thinking so. Just like how Jade Idol is bad for the game even if the deck it makes isn't actually the best.

It's a poorly designed tech card. This is the BGH of 1 mana spells. Just like BGH punished you for having big minions, this punishes you for having decks that rely on 1 mana spells.

Except BGH was insane tempo and this card is zero tempo.

Top Bottom