• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

wiibomb

this card is simple enough to not confuse anyone and good enough to be run in a lot of priest decks, specially the reno priests

Dart

Fits perfectly into the deck I'm running right now, which is fantastic. Though it's uninspired in terms of creativity. Also I'm a little dissapointed the deathknight doesn't interact with shadowform, even more now there is no reason to add shadowform into a deck that runs the dk :/

Nevertheless it is a very powerful card, guess priest will become the only viable highlander deck now.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That's a rad DK card right there.

I definitely want to do some silly OTK style stuff with it. Raza and Reno in Wild gonna be sogood.jpg

wiibomb

Fits perfectly into the deck I'm running right now, which is fantastic. Though it's uninspired in terms of creativity. Also I'm a little dissapointed the deathknight doesn't interact with shadowform, even more now there is no reason to add shadowform into a deck that runs the dk :/

Nevertheless it is a very powerful card, guess priest will become the only viable highlander deck now.

there was a mention from mike that they originally had it make 3 damage and it was too OP, I think that is why they didn't like the idea of shadowform interaction

they also had the idea of making it a passive hero power "deal 3 damage to a random enemy after playing a card" it was also way too OP

That's a rad DK card right there.

I definitely want to do some silly OTK style stuff with it. Raza and Reno in Wild gonna be sogood.jpg

reno in wild just got 2 amazing tools, both jaina and anduin are pretty good for those decks

Dart

there was a mention from mike that they originally had it make 3 damage and it was too OP, I think that is why they didn't like the idea of shadowform interaction

they also had the idea of making it a passive hero power "deal 3 damage to a random enemy after playing a card" it was also way too OP

reno in wild just got 2 amazing tools, both jaina and anduin are pretty good for those decks

Yeah that definitely sounds op lol, though what it ended up being is pretty powerful itself too. Crafting golden DK day one!

It seems like a good card, but like the rogue the cost is very high. It could be the best DK card we've seen so far, although 8 mana is very high it's cheaper than rogue's at least. After seeing priest DK it makes me wonder why they made rogue's 9.

With a less bursty meta, I could see priest potentially being top tier. I am not convinced jade druid or even miracle rogue are going anywhere, but this deck does have a strong way to clear the board where it previously did not.

TankUP

Cu8xfMO.jpg

Have fun with your Shadow Anduin guys.. currently teching two of these into all my theory-crafted decks. GET REKT

People already forgot how to play against quest rogue? my last 4 shaman opponent tried to devolve my board or hex it

I tried to devolve a Mountain Giant the other day. Not sure what I was expecting to happen but it was the only card I could use to try and prevent death.
Death occurred

Nachos

Donais said that there's more disruption cards like Doomed Apprentice, a lot of which haven't been revealed yet.

Yep GAF has a bad rap pretty much anywhere I go outside of GAF. I blame GGers.

Some of it's absolutely warranted, but it's still weird seeing it sometimes.

Dahbomb

That Priest Death Knight is insane.

Pseudo Lightbomb and 5 armor on Battlecry. That's almost worth the price there and then you have a beefed up Shadowform ability. Takes care of the tempo issue of playing two Shadowforms.

This is a great Reno Priest card as well because it has synergy with Raza.

Two Radiants plus Shadow Vision is an OTK with it LOL!

wiibomb

Lol Firebat being absolutely brutal while Mike is just sitting there :p

good.

Mike should not be an obstruction of the podcast. Also, he knows really well that the set has a lot of bad cards in a lot of situations, the team doesn't make 135 wonderful cards every set, they have to limit those.

wiibomb

That feel when Blizzard forgets that Warrior is a class.

man, the more time passes, the more worried I am by those 2 cards. They must be pretty good if they are delaying the DK for stream.

More like Mike is sitting their smiling inside while they underrate cards that are about to break the meta.

... and this too, Mike knows which are going to be good, but of course he wants players to find their way. I see a lot of smirks from him, it's pretty funny.

Priest hero card seems really nice. The battlecry is definitely the best so far and the hero power is pretty solid too.

As it stands now I think it'll see the most play out of all the hero cards so far.

No freeze AoE for shaman

I feel pretty confident in saying that Shaman is probably going to end up with the worst set of cards this expansion. So far they've only gotten two cards that are MAYBE playable in Hexxer and Deathseer.

With only two cards left to reveal for Shaman I feel like it's going to be a class that's essentially spinning its wheels for the next 4 months.

Pooya

so the neutral card probably reads "whenever a minion dies, deal x damage to enemy hero". could be good for unleash combo and similar.

Top Bottom