• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Barnes is a cool card that I wish they had more stuff like, though I REALLY wish they had an integrated deck tracker because it HEAVILY rewards card counting and tracking what is in your deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Nah, ZealousD is an active contributor, does the Neogaf branded review streams and youtube videos, and creates the OPs. If there *is* one person you'd say "uh oh it's neogaf" in a Hearthstone stream, it's Mr. D.

I probably am one of the most recognizable Hearthstone GAFers for whatever that is worth. But we are pretty buried in the Community section, and the NeoGAF-branded stream gets very little views. The only people who watch us live are GAFfers (except for that one time Matt Place showed up) and even though you might think that my Streamers Were Wrong videos might drive YouTube subscriptions... They don't. The YouTube archives of our card review streams only get a couple hundred views at max. I've literally seen only one dude on Reddit mention our stream.

So I was pretty sure the GAF callout in chat was either somebody in this thread or the rare lurker.

I feel pretty confident in saying that Shaman is probably going to end up with the worst set of cards this expansion. So far they've only gotten two cards that are MAYBE playable in Hexxer and Deathseer.

With only two cards left to reveal for Shaman I feel like it's going to be a class that's essentially spinning its wheels for the next 4 months.
the murloc draw spell could replace the doppleganger evolve package with the water package.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think the priest card will be shit because meta will be fast and what's 5 armor, a slow ass hero power that you can only activate at 9/10 mana, and some auto-kill-on-5-dmg-or-higher gonna do against aggro? Nothing.

Trash.

Pooya

I'd say all the death knights are viable in their own different way, even the hunter one. Warrior/paladin/warlock are left, should be very interesting on Monday. Of course Lich King himself is remained to be revealed as well, that's four cool legendary cards left.

I'm not excited about other legs though, they're mostly mediocre minions or just bad. RNGesus help me with the packs. I'm not going to open many extra packs, I think I'm better off crafting this time. Epics mostly suck so far, that's good unlike in Un'goro.

Priest main here that hasnt posted in forever because ungoro was ass. But this right here, this legendary has me all in. Raza Shawdow Anduin deck will be glorious.

scarlet

Valeera the hollow 1600
Shadowreaper Anduin 1600
Archbishop Benedictus 1600
Ysera (lol) 1600
Raza 1600
Geist 400

8400 dust

11k dust in reserve isn't enough

Hopefully I can avoid the princes.

Valeera the hollow 1600 (still contemplating)
Shadowreaper Anduin 3200 (Priest Legendaries are Golden only) (Day 1)
Archbishop Benedictus 1600 (LUL, no thanks)
Ysera (lol) 1600 (Priest staple)
Raza 3200 (Golden only) (Crafted day 1)
Geist 400 (Golden so you can crack a shit eating grin as you drop it after druid just fills his deck with jade idols. (Day 1)

10000 dust (if you remove Benedictus)

Hopefully I can avoid the princes. (Dust princes obviously)

gutshot

I probably am one of the most recognizable Hearthstone GAFers for whatever that is worth. But we are pretty buried in the Community section, and the NeoGAF-branded stream gets very little views. The only people who watch us live are GAFfers (except for that one time Matt Place showed up) and even though you might think that my Streamers Were Wrong videos might drive YouTube subscriptions... They don't. The YouTube archives of our card review streams only get a couple hundred views at max. I've literally seen only one dude on Reddit mention our stream.

So I was pretty sure the GAF callout in chat was either somebody in this thread or the rare lurker.

Matt Place tuned in to one of your review streams? That's awesome. I wonder if he lurks this thread?

Grief.exe

Valeera the hollow 1600 (still contemplating)
Shadowreaper Anduin 3200 (Priest Legendaries are Golden only) (Day 1)
Archbishop Benedictus 1600 (LUL, no thanks)
Ysera (lol) 1600 (Priest staple)
Raza 3200 (Golden only) (Crafted day 1)
Geist 400 (Golden so you can crack a shit eating grin as you drop it after druid just fills his deck with jade idols. (Day 1)

10000 dust (if you remove Benedictus)

Hopefully I can avoid the princes. (Dust princes obviously)

Unpacking one of the princes is going to be a meme.

wiibomb

new card:

Battlecry: Give a friendly minion immune this turn

20637977_325177817909924_2097169959911211790_n.png

So what streamer plays nzoth mill rogue in wild? it's not OP or anything but anytime I queue against a rogue it's that stupid deck, and it's just obnoxious, I want to face some jade zoths or miracles or something but the past week that's like the most common deck I face for some mysterious reason

So what streamer plays nzoth mill rogue in wild? it's not OP or anything but anytime I queue against a rogue it's that stupid deck, and it's just obnoxious, I want to face some jade zoths or miracles or something but the past week that's like the most common deck I face for some mysterious reason

I just played that with a ramp druid list that includes Charged Devilsaurs. It was my only minion left in the deck when he went on an emote rampage after dropping Deathlord and another taunt, thinking he stopped lethal.

Poor guy.

Barnes is a cool card that I wish they had more stuff like, though I REALLY wish they had an integrated deck tracker because it HEAVILY rewards card counting and tracking what is in your deck.
Playing Jade Druid makes me wish I had a deck tracker in the UI. I've lost multiple games because I lost track of how many Jade Idols I have. >_>

Or someone who got banned. Most GAF haters have been banned.

Priest main here that hasnt posted in forever because ungoro was ass. But this right here, this legendary has me all in. Raza Shawdow Anduin deck will be glorious.
Wut.

new card:

Battlecry: Give a friendly minion immune this turn
Hmm. What could this combo with?

Dahbomb

Hmm. What could this combo with?
Not much of a combo card but you can use this on Wild Pyeomancer and activate a bunch of spells with the remaining mana to clear the board.

This is mostly a trading card to be used in aggressive/curve/midrange type decks. It's similar to giving a minion divine shield in most cases.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I can't think of a great constructed use for that card. Especially since that pally minion that gives Divine Shields isn't run anymore, there's no chance this gets run either IMO.

That said this is probably pretty good in arena. 2/4 stat line is good for a 3 drop. Immune is slightly more useful than just a DS even though you only get it for the turn.

Don't Hunters have Feign Death which is 2 mana and triggers ALL friendly Deathrattles? So you get to save 1 mana in your wacky combo? Maybe worth it for a meme deck?

Pooya

If deathspeaker could target enemy minions, that way you could bypass taunts with it. Could add more utility to the card. I think you need something like that in arena, there are so many taunts. Immune is probably the least used key word in the game and it has been around since the beginning. If they make that card it's like a one turn silence for aggro just to push damage but still it doesn't delete buffs or ruins some cards with its power. It doesn't do anything to your Edwin and similar. I think that's fine and they should consider it.

Hunter this set seemingly depends on some cheap good deathrattle minions and so far we haven't seen any. Donais pretty much said that hunter(and warlock) is not going to get that much better after this set, it takes more than one set to help weaker classes.

He also said they're very careful with hunter because at low ranks it has the highest winrate. Newer players don't know how to play against hunter.

fertygo

These deathknight made me wish for new battle
BGM
all of those chill music not cut it with some of heavy metal guy spawn up

God this made me miss duelyst music for some reason

vall03

Man, that Hunter card is kinda disappointing. I never used Huhuran nor Terrorscale Stalker, and I don't think I would even have a spot for this in my deck. So far, Corpse Widow and Stitched Tracker are the only Hunter cards that I like in this set. Hopefully, the remaining Epic and Rare cards are good.

scarlet

So, with Velen you can do quite OTK.

Correct me if my calculation is wrong.

After DK + Raza

HP = 2 dmg
Velen + HP = 4 dmg
Radiant elemental + HP = 4 dmg
Holy smite + HP = 8 dmg
Mindblast + HP = 14 dmg

So, it's 32 dmg?

And you can do more if you play burgly bully and coins

Dart

So, with Velen you can do quite OTK.

Correct me if my calculation is wrong.

After DK + Raza

HP = 2 dmg
Velen + HP = 4 dmg
Radiant elemental + HP = 4 dmg
Holy smite + HP = 8 dmg
Mindblast + HP = 14 dmg

So, it's 32 dmg?

And you can do more if you play burgly bully and coins

Looks possible, but probably hard to pull off. Probably just best to run Lyra and radiant elemental.

Play dead wasn't good attached to a body, it's not really much if at all better as a spell imo.

Princess Huhuran was out-of-curve and awkward to play, though.

With Play Dead you can do things like get two 2/2s for 1 mana on turn 7. That isn't bad at all.

Or a Control Hunter (lol) could trigger Sylvannas on turn 7 in Wild. I'm not sure if this card is good enough to see play because of its archetype limitations, but it's a good card - probably better than Huhuran.

scarlet

Looks possible, but probably hard to pull off. Probably just best to run Lyra and radiant elemental.

My plan

Holy Smite × 1
Northshire Cleric × 1
Potion of Madness × 1
Power Word: Shield × 1
Bloodmage Thalnos × 1
Netherspite Historian x 1
Mind Blast × 1
Radiant Elemental × 1
Shadow Visions × 1
Shadow Word: Pain × 1
Spirit Lash × 1
Kazakus × 1
Curious Glimmerroot × 1
Shadow Word: Death × 1
Eternal Servitude × 1
Greater Healing Potion × 1
Priest of the Feast × 1
Twilight Drake
Burgly Bully × 1
Elise the Trailblazer × 1
Kabal Songstealer × 1
Lyra the Sunshard × 1
Onyx Bishop × 1
Raza the Chained × 1
Drakonid Operative × 1
Dragonfire Potion × 1
Prophet Velen × 1
Free From Amber × 1
Shadowreaper Anduin × 1
Ysera × 1

Gonna lose to aggro so badly.

edit: No Kazakus LOL WTF

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Hunter needs a crazy card draw minion if it wants to ever be relevant again.

Dart

My plan

Holy Smite × 1
Northshire Cleric × 1

Gonna lose to aggro so badly.

Interesting deck, I'll be trying a variation of the deck I'm already running Highlander/quest minus the shadowform now
Haha, it's alright I got to rank 8 with it alone but with a little help from some of these new cards I'm sure it'll reach legend.

Top Bottom