• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Saw a new warlock otk on Reddit.

Five cards. Patron, defile, elven archer, knife juggler, and the make a minion immune guy.

Needs 3 of the cards to get an emp tick. Make the knife juggler immune, play patron, hit it with elven archer use defile and baby you got a stew going.

Saw a new warlock otk on Reddit.

Five cards. Patron, defile, elven archer, knife juggler, and the make a minion immune guy.

Needs 3 of the cards to get an emp tick. Make the knife juggler immune, play patron, hit it with elven archer use defile and baby you got a stew going.

I think Defile is limited to 10 Patron procs.

zoukka

Man, that Hunter card is kinda disappointing. I never used Huhuran nor Terrorscale Stalker, and I don't think I would even have a spot for this in my deck. So far, Corpse Widow and Stitched Tracker are the only Hunter cards that I like in this set. Hopefully, the remaining Epic and Rare cards are good.

You forget their best new card, that 4 mana 5/4 that duplicates secrets. One of the best cards in the set so far.

Princess Huhuran was out-of-curve and awkward to play, though.

With Play Dead you can do things like get two 2/2s for 1 mana on turn 7. That isn't bad at all.

Or a Control Hunter (lol) could trigger Sylvannas on turn 7 in Wild. I'm not sure if this card is good enough to see play because of its archetype limitations, but it's a good card - probably better than Huhuran.

I don't think two 2/2s on turn 7 is worth all the times you'll get the card and barely get much value out of it in the early game, where hunter needs to win to get to the point where turn 7 matters.

vall03

You forget their best new card, that 4 mana 5/4 that duplicates secrets. One of the best cards in the set so far.

I'm actually still on the fence with Professor Putricide since a lot of Hunter secrets have anti-synergy with each other which is something I don't like. I didn't even like Secret Hunter during the Karazhan meta and I still stuck with my Midrange deck back then. I'll wait and see first how the card will fare.

Damn, no Hunter weapon (yet). Feelsbadman.

I've been waiting for a good Hunter weapon since we didn't get a new one in Un'Goro. With regards to this, I actually liked Piranha Launcher in concept since I played it bit during the early Gadgetzan meta, but it ended up either a dead card or have little to no impact because my other cards are winning me the game. If they adjusted the cost and stats it might see play, but it might end up being too OP. Overall, Vinecleaver is better than it despite the supposed Beast synergy of the Piranhas.

Then why did they nerf dreadsteed.

People on Reddit are saying 80 procs.
I heard 10 earlier. /shrug

They nerfed Dreadsteed because Blizzard is lazy and stupid.

I don't think two 2/2s on turn 7 is worth all the times you'll get the card and barely get much value out of it in the early game, where hunter needs to win to get to the point where turn 7 matters.

I don't disagree, my point was just that the card is a lot better on paper than Huhuran. If Control Hunter becomes a thing via the Deathknight card, it will definitely see play in Wild as a Sylvannas proc.

scarlet

I really can't stand ladder now, so many bad match up

Playing mage, got pally and priest
Playing rogue, got aggro
Playing control, got jade druid.

Sigh

Sometimes it's good to play something off-meta.

I think Mobius hits rank 5 or higher every month here, and he's always playing some weird Rogue deck no one uses or talks about.

I am on a 7 game winstreak playing a deck I see maybe once a month in Wild, and while it's not perfect, a lot of people don't expect it, which throws people off. IF YOU PLAY A COMMON DECK, YOU ARE PREDICTABLE. IF YOU ARE PREDICTABLE, YOU WILL LOSE MORE OFTEN BECAUSE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT TO DO AGAINST YOU!

If it were possible to play a deck without bad matchups, wouldn't that be a bit OP?

That's just called a balanced game.

wiibomb

Bad image for now:

Battlecry: summon a 5/5 skull. Deathrattle: summon a 5/5 for your opponent.

oC2d3r4.jpg

rahji

Maybe in a silence deck? I think it is a mediocre card.

Edit: on second thought, great arena card. If your opponent has no answer and is not a mage, you will definitely have a big advantage

Blizzard

Banned
I wonder if quest priest could play this with silence.

You burn two cards, but you get a 2/2 and 5/5 for 4 mana, plus you made quest progress.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Could be neat, though I don't expect to see it being run. Seems like a good way to get screwed by RNG when using Evolve though.

Ketch

but how you kill 5/5 on turn 4 if not most likely spend your turn on that

its very annoying

You just kill the 2/2 and then you get your own 5/5.

So now they either have an answer or they trade.

I think it's a good arena card and that's it.

Rouge Turn One

Coin, Rattling Rascal, Shadowstep, Rattling Rascal, Shadowstep, Rattling Rascal

5/5, 5/5, 5/5, 2/2, 17 Damage

Druid Turn One

Coin, Innervate, Rattling Rascal, Rattling Rascal,

5/5, 5/5, 2/2, 2/2. 12 Damage

Druid Turn Two

Coin, Innervate, Rattling Rascal, Rattling Rascal, Mark of The Lotus

6/6, 6/6, 3/3, 3/3 18 Damage

I feel bad.

Oops, I read mana wrong. I now feel better!

this is made for the shaman DK. Still not playable without a combo.

Yeah, thinking the same thing. Not sure if it will end up being worth a slot but it's definitely worth consideration at the very least. Especially since if you play Deathseer on 5 you can play this and evolve it on turn 6.

Worst art in the set so far.

I am sick of Warlock players getting little to nothing each expansion. Not even an attempt at cards we might actually want. The in-class card set is mostly awful.

Brode said they wanted to bring Handlock back, which is one of three decks that got me into this game. Is that just for future sets? I know we have more cards to go, but I am getting losing hope.

Top Bottom