• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Pooya

that's probably the worst card of the set lol. you pretty have to give it to your opponent.

warlock cards so bad now you just want to get rid off them.

I'd almost say it's interesting on account of having it complete your quest super quickly but the fact that it's probably going to discard the quest reward immediately after makes it pretty terrible.

I get Blizzard likes the discard mechanic for Warlock but they really gotta stop.

I'd almost say it's interesting on account of having it complete your quest super quickly but the fact that it's probably going to discard the quest immediately after makes it pretty terrible.

I get Blizzard likes the discard mechanic for Warlock but they really gotta stop.
ROFL @ Discarding the Quest reward.

ROFL. I want this to happen.

scarlet

DGdw1amUAAAIf7G.jpg

Could be useful

Fewr

At this point blizzard must release an ultra broken discard related card tht justifies all this terrible cards

warlock death knight battlecry: return discarded cards to your hand.

EDIT: I meant to type to your deck, not hand... well hand makes it infinitely more broken
EDIT 2:
How about battlecry returns discarded cards to deck, then hero power lets you "discover" a card from your deck
OR battlecry, return 5 discarded cards to deck, hero power discover a discarded card and add it to hand

warlock death knight battlecry: return discarded cards to your hand.

EDIT: I meant to type to your deck, not hand... well hand makes it infinitely more broken
EDIT 2:
How about battlecry returns discarded cards to deck, then hero power lets you "discover" a card from your deck
OR battlecry, return 5 discarded cards to deck, hero power discover a discarded card and add it to hand
I'd make it

Battlecry: Discard your hand fill your hand with cards you discarded this game.

2: Discard a card, draw 2 cards

Is that Warlock minion meant to be given to your opponent?
It's definitely an interesting use for it but honestly it just seems like it was made to help quest warlock complete it's quest quicker. Turn 1 quest, turn 2 tap and turn 3 drop this and start discarding your hand. The clutchmother synergy is pretty amusing. Ultimately the quest payoff and high variance means it still won't be a good deck unless they force it even further.

Nachos

Brode said they wanted to bring Handlock back, which is one of three decks that got me into this game. Is that just for future sets? I know we have more cards to go, but I am getting losing hope.
Pretty sure he meant in the future, so at the very least, it likely won't be this expansion.

It is confirmed that there will be an Arthas card?
Nope, but even I know it'd be a huge missed opportunity not to have him, and I don't even know anything about WoW.

Ladekabel

Playing a hero card like Jaraxxus or Anduin counts as a minion with a battlecry right?

Jaraxxus definitly since it is hit by Repentance and Sacred Trial but since the DK cards don't have attack and health values other than the armor I don't think they count as a minion.

Pooya

this is probably the barnes like card Donais teased, it's ok. 6 mana 5/5 with an effect have been very playable in this game. You can build your deck in a way that it has decent value more often that not. You play one copy at most I think.

Q8D3vil

New priest spell.

jg9p9fl.png

More deathrattle support.

For some reason i thought they announce all the priest cards.
This card is really good in a dt deck.
Edit: i thought this is a 5 mana card, yeah its overcosted.
Radiant and Lyra are making everything overcosted.

Fewr

These priest cards are great. I'll probably be trying priest more heavily this time.

EDIT: I just realised that prordial drake is immune to dark knight priest battlecry.

-----

In the same way that un'goro was taunt taunt taunt, frozen throne is all deathrattle stuff.

I've yet to identify the stonehill defender and the primordial drake in these cards.

Q8D3vil

These priest cards are great. I'll probably be trying priest more heavily this time.

-----

In the same way that un'goro was taunt taunt taunt, frozen throne is all deathrattle stuff.

I've yet to identify the stonehill defender and the primordial drake in these cards.
We wont know before we see the full set.

I am 100% expecting a Discolock deathknight ability at this rate. Sigh.

Maybe Blizzard will finally have gotten it all "out of their system", and move on to another Warlock archetype? I would be surprised if we got more Resurrect Priest cards after this.

Edit: I know they are exploring "Tutor" cards, and I really think Warlock should get the first true Tutor card if they ever make one.

New priest spell.

jg9p9fl.png

More deathrattle support.

I feel like we're at the point where you can make a deck that frequently succeeds at only resurrecting one minion over and over:

Barnes
Resurrect
Onyx Bishop
Eternal Servitude
N'Zoth
Shadow Essence

I really, really want to make a Control Priest deck that does nothing but resurrect one overpowered deathrattle over and over as its win condition. When I played MtG seriously, graveyard decks were my second favorite to counter-burn. There's just something so fun about popping a 12/12 on the board on turn 3 when the stars align.

If only Priest had an Avatar of Woe:
Image.ashx

It was fun when I got this card on the board within my first few turns. :-D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hey guys! Bit of an important announcement.

It looks like Dahbomb's schedule isn't going to work out for him to be able to join me on the card review stream for this set. So I'm looking people who can jump in as a possible replacement.

We would probably do a stream on Monday and Tuesday, and it could involve a third stream on Wednesday depending on how long we take. The time would be sometime in the evening in the US, around 7pm-12pm Central time. It would also be preferable if your time was flexible enough that you could do a re-review about 3 months later, although we don't have this tiny little pre-launch window to worry about so we can be a little more flexible there.

If you're interested, send me a PM. Don't post in this thread. Depending on the number of applicants I may have to be a little selective.

Hey guys! Bit of an important announcement.

It looks like Dahbomb's schedule isn't going to work out for him to be able to join me on the card review stream for this set. So I'm looking people who can jump in as a possible replacement.

We would probably do a stream on Monday and Tuesday, and it could involve a third stream on Wednesday depending on how long we take. The time would be sometime in the evening in the US, around 7pm-12pm Central time. It would also be preferable if your time was flexible enough that you could do a re-review about 3 months later, although we don't have this tiny little pre-launch window to worry about so we can be a little more flexible there.

If you're interested, send me a PM. Don't post in this thread. Depending on the number of applicants I may have to be a little selective.

Are we doing a GAF spreadsheet where we all rate the cards again? I feel more involved in this set than I have been in the past, but of course I can't offer any insight into Standard play. I doubt anyone would care about me rating Wild cards anyway, lol

danowat

Banned
RNG can really pull some unfathomable odds sometimes.

Yesterday, not only did I draw the same opponent 4 times in a row, but one game went like this....

Round 3, opponent plays a token and plays Barnes, he summons a 1/1 version of Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound, which then draws Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound!.

Game over, wonder what the odds of that draw are, seems pretty damn lucky to me.

RNG can really pull some unfathomable odds sometimes.

Yesterday, not only did I draw the same opponent 4 times in a row, but one game went like this....

Round 3, opponent plays a token and plays Barnes, he summons a 1/1 version of Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound, which then draws Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound!.

Game over, wonder what the odds of that draw are, seems pretty damn lucky to me.
What if Y'Shaarj is the only other minion in the deck? ;-)

I am thinking something like this might work in Wild:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...48:2;55463:2;58722:2;61835:2;62863:2;62896:2;

Of course, Hex or Polymorph is an auto-loss.

Ooooo, I see!!!!

What fertygo said. So while it seems like crazy RNG happened, the only real RNG was him drawing Barnes on curve. If he got Barnes and no Y'Shaarj, then the rest of the combo goes off.and there's a chance they can squeeze out a win.

Of course, if you have the answer to Y'Shaarj, you probably win the game!

Top Bottom