• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Pooya

Mage card is kinda bad. I don't think you put that in your deck, maybe it's not the worst to get though. Overall all four mage spells make card generation for them significantly worse. Specially in arena draft. That's good, this is probably the last mage spell. I'm saying it's bad, it's relative to mage spells right now. It's not unplayable or anything. If you have a deck around Antonidas it's good even but why play that.

Warrior legendary. RNG on that will feel so bad. Seems hard to get two procs from it the turn you play it, so it's probably just one most of the time and when it dies probably gives you another one.

These random legendary cards were never very good but this is better than Paletress. I won't feel bad if I opened it but doubtful it will see much play.

danowat

Banned
What fertygo said. So while it seems like crazy RNG happened, the only real RNG was him drawing Barnes on curve. If he got Barnes and no Y'Shaarj, then the rest of the combo goes off.and there's a chance they can squeeze out a win.

Of course, if you have the answer to Y'Shaarj, you probably win the game!
You learn something new everyday!

TankUP

No wonder they waited so long to show off the Warrior legendary.

What. The. Fuck.

Makes Grapplehammer look like a good card.

Unless the Warrior Hero has SERIOUS synergy with this bullshit this is pretty much the nail in the fucking coffin for slow Warrior in Frozen Throne.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wonder if you can Rotface into Rotface. I don't remember if Sneed's could summon itself.

I'm sure it can.

It isn't too hard for warrior to damage but random legendaries are...kinda eh. They've added a whole bunch of lower costs ones in the last few expansions. Hard to evaluate that.

That warlock card is unbelievable trash. Discard was a mistake, stop murdering the class for that crap.

Pooya

We have all the class legs now.

I think Hunter one is the best one actually, followed by mage and paladin one. The rest are 400 dust.

Hunter one got a lot better after they revealed a 3 mana 2/2 discover guy. It could bring back secret hunter we had in Kara meta. It's not OP or anything but it's just a ok and threatening 4 drop by itself. One 4 drop doesn't have to win the game for you to be good.

I hope I don't open any non hero legendary so far. They're so bad. Maybe Lich King redeems these.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This seems like the worst set of class-specific minion legendaries from a set that I can remember.

fertygo

Why these legendaries is so bad what the incentive for blizzard making them so bad

Its happened in every set most legendaries is so bad and in worst case not even flavorful.

Jebus none of these leg minion is any good

Its the DK or bust for my pack.

Pooya

So looking at Moorabi again, does it only work when something freezes or if anything is frozen it instantly gives you cards?

Like if your board is frozen by frost nova, you play this, do you instantly get a copy of everything? The text says whenever a minion is frozen, so it should work right?

Not that it makes it all that better but it's an interesting interaction. I don't think it needs to be on board when the act of freezing takes place.

TankUP

Oh my god Reddit is cumming all over themselves coming up with shitty 10 mana combos to use with this garbage card. It's like they've never fucking played a game of Hearthstone -- you're really gonna have this and a hand full of activators on turn 10? You'd be dead by then. And even if you live the dream and empty your hand to play a bunch of random shit, board clears exist. Jesus fucking Christ.

The legendary pool isn't even *good*. OH BOY MOROES PATCHES AND SHITTER ZERUS ALL FOR FREE?!?!?

Maybe the legendary are worse because the set is now 2x class legendaries, and A LOT of people complained about set costs with Ungoro.

Why these legendaries is so bad what the incentive for blizzard making them so bad

Its happened in every set most legendaries is so bad and in worst case not even flavorful.

Jebus none of these leg minion is any good

Its the DK or bust for my pack.
Sindragosa and Hadronox arent bad cards.

TankUP

Good class legendaries (may not see play, but good in a vacuum): Warlock, Pally, Mage, Hunter, Druid.

Good meme legendary that "HERP DERP I LOVE RNG" casual players will love: Priest

Straight up unplayable garbage tier: Rogue, Shaman, Warrior.

Rotface is great in wild for grim patron decks, but I don't think a deck like that will work in standard.

What? No way. Those grim patron decks are super optimized, they don't have room for this bullshit.

If they want a card like this, there's the card that summons a 2/2 every time it takes damage. But neither is good enough.

Are you really comparing a card that always generates a 2/2 to a card that could give you any legendary in the game?

Most legendaries are great cards. If they weren't, Golden Monkey never would have seen play.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are you really comparing a card that always generates a 2/2 to a card that could give you any legendary in the game?

Most legendaries are great cards. If they weren't, Golden Monkey never would have seen play.
Blizzard has added a lot of low stat Legendaries in the last few expansions, and a lot have their value baked into their battle cry.

I expect this to see play, since warrior has a lot of cheap cards to ensure an instant proc, even if it isn't consistent or good.

Szadek

What? No way. Those grim patron decks are super optimized, they don't have room for this bullshit.
It's just 1 card spot for a card that has a pretty good chance of summoning a very powerful minion.
The card is mostly likely worth it if you can get the effect twice, which really isn't that hard in that deck.

Dahbomb

There's no way the Warlock Legendary is good.

This is the Warlock Legendary for reference:

636371268829516884.png

Blizzard

Banned
I've already committed to using the first 2 legendaries I unpack to hit rank 10 from rank 20.

I want literally anything legendaries besides Rotface and the princes, even though I'm sure Rotface is usable. It's ugly.

Well, I don't want 2 warlock legendaries either because that would force me to play warlock.

TankUP

It's an 8 Mana 4/6 that might proc. If it procs (like you held an activator all game like an idiot) it might give you a decent started minion.

Most of the time it won't.

It's shit.

You never play this in a tempo or an enrage deck. It's like they forgot Grommash was a card. There ain't room for 2 enrage activated 8 drops in a midrange/tempo deck. And slow warrior got fuck all this set, even if it did, you don't want this.

Worse than Hobart. Worst class warrior leg of all time.

Edit:

Blood Queen is fine, it's warlock that sucks.

Don't mix up the card with the class or your opinions on discard as a mechanic.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There's no way the Warlock Legendary is good.

This is the Warlock Legendary for reference:

636371268829516884.png
It has a saving grace, its ability is a passive. Warlock will likely get more cards to recover discarded cards, which could make this consistent enough.

Its to bad that it isn't a demon though.

Good class legendaries (may not see play, but good in a vacuum): Warlock, Pally, Mage, Hunter, Druid.

Good meme legendary that "HERP DERP I LOVE RNG" casual players will love: Priest

Straight up unplayable garbage tier: Rogue, Shaman, Warrior.

How is the warlock good in a vacuum but rogue's which is a 4/5 4 mana card with text, unplayable garbage. That makes no sense. If anything the rogue legendary is playable but likely without deck to back it up. I think it actually works really well with ethereal peddler. I think it's the type of deck they don't want to make too good so they don't print like 1 or 2 cards from making it competitive. My point is, I don't think it's unplayable garbage at the very least. It's like a 3/5.

And I think you're nuts for calling the warrior legend unplayable garbage. I don't doubt that reddit overreacted, but I think it'll be strong in a tempo warrior deck. People will do the math and see how much stats on average it summons. Sometimes you'll win games where it summons a tirion, gromm, or ysera, etc.. Far from unplayable garbage imo.

The shaman card, I think is okay. Probably won't see play as it's too situational and too expensive. Remains to be seen though imo. The class has gotten so many strong tools in the last couple sets I think it might be playable. For example, thing from below, cryostasis, thing from below with this card on board could bring you a 4/4 protected by a 8/8 and a 5/5 for 8 mana. Then you can get more value off it.

Szadek

It's an 8 Mana 4/6 that might proc. If it procs (like you held an activator all game like an idiot) it might give you a decent started minion.

Most of the time it won't.

It's shit.
I guess grim patron is also shit, because it's a 5 mana 3/3 that won't proc on it's own.
Also, you are seriously underestimating how many legendaries have good stats.
Let not froget that patrons gets many new tools this expansion.
pic:

pretty good arena card I think. It's a very high value card.
Maybe it finds home in dragon decks, but probably only has a 1 one of.

Dahbomb

Warlock card isn't even good in a vacuum.

Even if let's say you could choose which cards to discard... you would still need to discard like 4 cards before turn 5 for this to be worth it (and I would argue that a 5/6 Life steal with no demon card is barely constructed viable).

And the only way you are discarding that many cards in that short of a time is if you are playing an aggressive Warlock deck and in an aggressive Warlock deck a 5/6 Life steal minion isn't gonna cut it when you are playing 4/8 taunts and 5/7 chargers in a similar slot.

Control Discardlock is a meme unless proven otherwise.

I think it is solid. Dragons are often huge bodies. This gives up 2 stats to draw a minion and it draws from a pool of high value cards. Definitely a contender for dragon based decks, or even nzoth control decks to be honest.

Are we getting 9 cards per class, or 10? Some classes are up to 9, but no 10's yet. Hmm...

Edit: Okay, so 10 cards per class, which means no class is done being revealed. Here's what we can expect to come out still:

Shaman: 1 rare, 1 epic
Rogue: 1 common, 2 epic
Priest: 1 rare
Paladin: 1 common, 1 rare, 1 epic, 1 legendary
Mage: 1 common
Hunter: 1 rare, 1 epic
Druid: 2 common, 2 rare, 1 legendary

So of all the classes, Paladin and Druid are the biggest question marks still.

Is every class getting a "If X condition is met, cast this again" card? Because so far only Druid, Warlock, and Rogue have that revealed.

How is the warlock good in a vacuum but rogue's which is a 4/5 4 mana card with text, unplayable garbage. That makes no sense. If anything the rogue legendary is playable but likely without deck to back it up. I think it actually works really well with ethereal peddler. I think it's the type of deck they don't want to make too good so they don't print like 1 or 2 cards from making it competitive. My point is, I don't think it's unplayable garbage at the very least. It's like a 3/5.

And I think you're nuts for calling the warrior legend unplayable garbage. I don't doubt that reddit overreacted, but I think it'll be strong in a tempo warrior deck. People will do the math and see how much stats on average it summons. Sometimes you'll win games where it summons a tirion, gromm, or ysera, etc.. Far from unplayable garbage imo.

The shaman card, I think is okay. Probably won't see play as it's too situational and too expensive. Remains to be seen though imo. The class has gotten so many strong tools in the last couple sets I think it might be playable. For example, thing from below, cryostasis, thing from below with this card on board could bring you a 4/4 protected by a 8/8 and a 5/5 for 8 mana. Then you can get more value off it.

The Freeze Shaman cards have the biggest question marks for me. It's an entirely new archetype, and I'm having trouble seeing how it all comes together in practice.

TankUP

Why would you even mention tempo decks when discussing a slow control card doe?

Because the only deck that MIGHT want this is an enrage focused tempo deck?

And slow warrior is a fucking dead archetype that didn't get any substantive support?

Slow warrior DOES NOT want a 8 man 4/6 that does NOTHING to the board when you play it. There is no way you cut Grommash or Primordial Drake for this garbage.

How is the warlock good in a vacuum but rogue's which is a 4/5 4 mana card with text, unplayable garbage.

Sometimes you'll win games where it summons a tirion, gromm, or ysera, etc.. Far from unplayable garbage imo.

It's 8 mana. If i want Gromm or Ysera, I could put those cards in my deck. It's an 8 mana card that does nothing to the board the turn you play it unless you have an activator. Even if you do have an inner or something you've been holding all game (shit strategy for a tempo deck, btw) you're gonna damage your own minion on the off chance you get a decent statted card? OH BOY THE VALUE. Gromm/Inner rage actually can win games. This is a Trollden bait.

The warlock legendary is fine. It's decently costed, has a huge upside, and require your opponent to remove it ASAP. You guys act like you have to discard your whole deck before you play it, but you can play this AND THEN a doomguard or a soulfire or whatever and it'll buff on board.

The main problem with the warlock card is the deck it fits into sucks right now.

The Rogue card is stupid. Swap the cards you put in your deck because they have synergy with your gameplan for random bullshit. There's a reason Renounce Darkness and Explore Un'goro are memes.

I guess grim patron is also shit, because it's a 5 mana 3/3 that won't proc on it's own.
Also, you are seriously underestimating how many legendaries have good stats.
Let not froget that patrons gets many new tools this expansion.

Grim Patron gives you a win condition you can rely on. This card gives you 8 mana that you flush down the toilet for a 4/6 that, best case scenario, eats a fireball.

Sure, someone is gonna get Y'shaarj or whatever and feel great, but most of the time it's just gonna die without doing anything.

you would still need to discard like 4 cards before turn 5 for this to be worth it.

No you don't. It grows on board. It's a must remove minion with decent health and an effect that warlock desperately wants.

I know the deck it goes into is bad, so saying the deck is bad changes nothing. I'm not evaluating the deck, but the card itself. It's fine. It's not amazing but ya'll keep evaulating discard as a concept and warlock as a class and ignoring what the card actually does.

Even if you play it as a 1/6 they have to sink 6 damage into it ASAP because you could be holding or draw into doomguard.

TankUP

Judging cards out of context is idiotic.

Uh, the context for all these cards is a meta that doesn't exist yet and that no one can possible predict perfectably. So insulting me for that is lazy and idiotic, the exact things you love to accuse everyone else of being.

wiibomb

So much overreaction from the warrior legendary, my goodness, it's not that bad TankUp. If you are that set on looking only to the very worst cases then yes, this is the worst card of all time, this is the very worst card of all games of all time.

Now, if I can get a grommash from this, a alexstrasza, a leeroy. There is potential in this. Of course this is not going to be run in every warrior deck.

Warlock card isn't even good in a vacuum.

Even if let's say you could choose which cards to discard... you would still need to discard like 4 cards before turn 5 for this to be worth it (and I would argue that a 5/6 Life steal with no demon card is barely constructed viable).

And the only way you are discarding that many cards in that short of a time is if you are playing an aggressive Warlock deck and in an aggressive Warlock deck a 5/6 Life steal minion isn't gonna cut it when you are playing 4/8 taunts and 5/7 chargers in a similar slot.

Control Discardlock is a meme unless proven otherwise.

I'm still waiting for the warlock DK, if that thing is 2 mana hero power, add a random discarded card to your hand, this might be more useful.

Top Bottom