• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

patchday

Just found out that Devolve doesnt work against the Rogue quest lol
:(

man I mentioned this the 1st day of expac but guess thread been moving too fast

and hex'ing a rogue card under the quest effect will just give them a taunt. Worse- if they have shadowstep they can replace the taunt minion (basically heal it)

mistakes like this made it hard for me to get out of rank 20 on day one of the expac lol

sibarraz

Banned
I don't think that is weird than van cleef keeps his stats, I mean, is no longer a 2/2 with battlecry, is a 5/5 which also has the battlecry.

I think that the balance for rogue quest will be minions from your deck and hand get the bonus, those on board or summoned are not included

I'd like for Secrets to get a rework such that no more than one secret triggers per player action. It's really annoying when you have Polymorph and Mirror Entity out and they trigger in that order - I don't want a 1/1 sheep damn it!

KuroNeeko

While I'm happy that Death Rattle Priest is a thing again, it still feels premature. I think it may take another expansion or two to jack up the number of good death rattles. Also feels like it does a whole lot of nothing. Taunt Warrior rewards you with Sulfus and a new hero power; the priest quest rewards you with more life. Win conditions are N'zoth or just grinding your opponent away.

Still stuck at rank 19. lol

I spent a lost of dust crafting Lyra, the Priest quest, Umbra, and Elise when I should have just crafted a second Shadow Visions (which is AMAZING).

I haven't played with the new Dragon Priest list or Purify, but I don't think Priest is going to be dominating the meta.

Too bad Rogue didn't get more death rattle support this expansion.

Coming back from Shadowverse, I hate, HATE that there's no Evo option like there is in that game. Feels so...bland without it.

Reynad about to break the meta with Tempo Secret Mage in Standard.

I already ran the deck he did. It is good sometimes, but it has problems with having enough force to really mow people down before it runs out of steam quite often, and the random nature of secrets means you can get some lol results.

It has problems dying to wipes.

KuroNeeko

quest priest me thinks

I'm playing it now, but to be honest, it's like...why?
Since you're running Kazakus, you're running Raza.

It feels like Raza just does what the quest does over the course of the game. Plus, whereas other quests help you win the game--the Priest quest just feels like it helps keep you from losing.

I don't know; I'm going to keep trying it, but maybe I should have spent the dust on the Rogue Flower or Pyros...

Mulgrok

Anyone else finding arena to be filled with more bullshit than ever before? My average is still around 5 wins, but every loss seems to be more lopsided than ever.

It feels like Raza just does what the quest does over the course of the game. Plus, whereas other quests help you win the game--the Priest quest just feels like it helps keep you from losing.

I don't know; I'm going to keep trying it, but maybe I should have spent the dust on the Rogue Flower or Pyros...
Yeah that's definitely the issue with Amara but that's how you gotta build the deck, Reno wasn't a win condition and neither is amara. Just gotta buy time to outvalue the opponent.

Is Pyros good? I haven't crafted it even though Mage is my jam. Just seems mediocre as fuck. I mean it's cool to have a guaranteed card before Blazecaller I guess. Maybe because I haven't seen it in action I just assume it's trash.

patchday

While I'm happy that Death Rattle Priest is a thing again, it still feels premature. I think it may take another expansion or two to jack up the number of good death rattles. Also feels like it does a whole lot of nothing. Taunt Warrior rewards you with Sulfus and a new hero power; the priest quest rewards you with more life. Win conditions are N'zoth or just grinding your opponent away.

Still stuck at rank 19. lol

I spent a lost of dust crafting Lyra, the Priest quest, Umbra, and Elise when I should have just crafted a second Shadow Visions (which is AMAZING).

I haven't played with the new Dragon Priest list or Purify, but I don't think Priest is going to be dominating the meta.

Too bad Rogue didn't get more death rattle support this expansion.

Coming back from Shadowverse, I hate, HATE that there's no Evo option like there is in that game. Feels so...bland without it.

that's tough man. keep searching for a netdeck for priest. I've seen some good ones. start from netdeck and tech for your ladder. Problem is at rank 19-20 there really is no set meta. hard to tech at that rank. gets easier at around rank 17 or so. from there it was butter cause I knew my opponent's deck around turn 2-3

[edit] I might be talking out of my --- though cause I have yet to run Priest. I saw Kripp going like 64% WR with some deck tho on stream

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Mirage Caller is a pretty good performer so far in my wild reno priest quest thingy.

Not having Brann to go with kazakus sucks, but Brann value would just be so low in my deck other than that.

KuroNeeko

Is Pyros good? I haven't crafted it even though Mage is my jam. Just seems mediocre as fuck. I mean it's cool to have a guaranteed card before Blazecaller I guess. Maybe because I haven't seen it in action I just assume it's trash.

Not sure if he's any good but...dat Value.
Might be bad if Priest catches on again with CSP, Potion of Madness, and other shenanigans.

Pyros → N'zoth seems like it'd be fun though...

patchday

I usually make it a point to get all mage legendaries so will get pyros at some point. saw thijs run it in his elemental mage which looked fun too me. Tempo is more of my style rather then waygate

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I still want waygate to work in a tempo type mage instead of just OTK. It probably won't but that just seems like more fun to me.

Pooya

Lyra is very good, won some games just because of it. I don't know why people hated the card when it was revealed. Random priest spells are not bad at all, specially if you can cycle them for 0 anyway. You're bound to get something handy.

KuroNeeko

Lyra is very good, won some games just because of it. I don't know why people hated the card when it was revealed. Random priest spells are not bad at all, specially if you can cycle them for 0 anyway. You're bound to get something handy.

Lyra, when I played her with Priest of the Feast, was ridonkulous. I had to stop casting stuff because I was overdrawing. Completely unfair if you leave her up for more than a turn.

patchday

I cant lie sometimes I play pirate warrior in wild. I just love that stupid ship cannon thing for some reason. I used to run ship cannons in a pirate rogue too for fun

(my point I"m definitely not a bot lol)

The hubris displayed by titling a video "Trump's Answer to Quest Rogue" which features you losing every game is astounding.
Explain?

Yaaay, another lost to quest mage. I'm so happy my minion can do a lot of stuff and never got frozen at all.
And they got rid of the anti-freeze cards in Standard...

I cant lie sometimes I play pirate warrior in wild. I just love that stupid ship cannon thing for some reason. I used to run ship cannons in a pirate rogue too for fun

(my point I"m definitely not a bot lol)

Also, the +1/+1 to all pirates epic is brutal.

I really hate how Hearthstone handles buffs. It should be like every other game on the planet.

patchday

yeah a quest mage got me earlier but it was a fun match.

Man just had a great match with my Elemental Shaman (just now taking this deck for a spin). Kalimos just put in work-- this zoolock quit as soon as I used kalimos AoE to clear the board

Love this card is not RNG at all too. you can just pick the invocation you need and it just works. Please more reliable cards like this needs to be added

Also, the +1/+1 to all pirates epic is brutal.

I really hate how Hearthstone handles buffs. It should be like every other game on the planet.

oh yeah southsea captain hes great.

squidyj

I have been convinced to play control/quest/taunt warrior because it seems like the only deck thats strong against everything. Against quest mage I just keep fishing for dirty rats, from my discovers, if i'm really lucky i get an early rat + 2x rat into brawl on 9, often pulling 1 apprentice is enough to tuck the mage but better safe than sorry.

Can someone make a comprehensive list of stuff that works and doesn't work against the Rogue quest?

Also 90% sure Van Cleef is bugged in the quest.

what do you mean it's bugged? it's a 5/5 that gets +2/+2 for every card you've played this turn.The aura says your minions are 5/5. not "your minions cant be buffed"

Dahbomb

what do you mean it's bugged? it's a 5/5 that gets +2/+2 for every card you've played this turn.The aura says your minions are 5/5. not "your minions cant be buffed"
They why don't minions get debuffed?

Because Donais or whoever hyped up the card and then Reddit rioted when they saw a Priest Legendary that wasn't busted.

Lyra is good, not busted.

I'm testing decks in casual while watching reynad... people here concede so damn fast I noticed.

Because Donais or whoever hyped up the card and then Reddit rioted when they saw a Priest Legendary that wasn't busted.

They do, aldor humility etc.. On card debuffs work. Just not silence, hex, transform types.

squidyj

they do? they're affected by equality and humility effects for example.
You can't silence an aura though. you don't remove the stormwind champion buff by silencing the minions benefiting from it do you?

I have no idea why people would think transformation effects would work.

Peléo

It will take a while until the intricacies of Quest Rogue are figured out. If Herald Volasz copies a minion, the copy remains a 1/1 instead of a 5/5.

patchday

I'm testing decks in casual while watching reynad... people here concede so damn fast I noticed.

I just work hard to get to a rank floor and do my testing there. just screwing around with all sorts of decks at rank 15 tonight. I also fallback to Wild since a lot of decks are just same as standard (at least for me)

after mid month I begin to work towards hitting 10. I really should go for rank 5 this month tho-- there is so many epics I need still

I just work hard to get to a rank floor and do my testing there. just screwing around with all sorts of decks at rank 15 tonight. I also fallback to Wild since a lot of decks are just same as standard (at least for me)

after mid month I begin to work towards hitting 10. I really should go for rank 5 this month tho-- there is so many epics I need still

They're aren't dropping ranks. They're just giving up once I start winning.

That's my goal tonight, but I'm stuck at rank 11. -_-

squidyj

I could honestly push for legend this month, im rank 4 3 stars now, control warrior is working well against the meta and i think ill just keep climbing with it.
If I make it there before the 20th i might just go for a good rank too

patchday

wow I kinda cursed my luck when I got Ozruk but he just made this pirate warrior really sad just now

Poor PW-- he made the classic error where he did not attk with patches on 1st turn. plus Kalimos heals me to 12 and got me out of lethal range

elemental shaman seems kinda fun so far even with Ozruk (I am missing like 2 epic cards to complete this deck so just substituting new shinies).

patchday

I could honestly push for legend this month, im rank 4 3 stars now, control warrior is working well against the meta and i think ill just keep climbing with it.
If I make it there before the 20th i might just go for a good rank too

man I need to craft a second 'sleep with the fishes'. That card works wonders in my Taunt Warrior deck. but need to play a lot more games with this deck. ya I'm seeing so much aggro right now a CW running dirty rat should be able to climb no problem.

might break down and craft that second sleep with fishes it's just too good

You can aldor tar creeper it will stay at 1 attack. That's not how it should work.

It's possible it should because of the way effects stack. It doesn't gain a new enhancement every time it's your opponent's turn, it just has an enhancement that only takes effect during your opponent's turn. And that enhancement is overridden by later enhancements, like aldor.

Can't think of an analogy that is the same or different, but I think there is one or two. Maybe validated doomsayer which is actually an activation at the start of every turn so it overwrites old enhancements. It's basically the difference between being a passive and something that activates.

Pooya

Should it even go to 1 attack? Its attack is already 1, it is the active effect giving it +2. Like if you aldor something buffed by flame tongue, it doesn't remove the buff. But then enrage effects are removed. Right now it works like enrage I guess but enrage is one time activation effect, this should not work like that.

Top Bottom