• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

patchday

man had to fight 2 quest rogues back-to-back

1st rogue got the dream hand and completed quest by like turn 4. nothing else to say my Elemental shaman died quickly after

2nd quest rogue got a shat hand and I got the dream. I kept Kalimos in mulligan, reduced his cost, played him turn 6. Then played a 2nd kalimos I discovered and just kept hitting face til the rogue crumbled with no progress on their quest

(match ended by Turn 7 on second kalimos)

scarlet

man had to fight 2 quest rogues back-to-back

1st rogue got the dream hand and completed quest by like turn 4. nothing else to say my Elemental shaman died quickly after

2nd quest rogue got a shat hand and I got the dream. I kept Kalimos in mulligan, reduced his cost, played him turn 6. Then played a 2nd kalimos I discovered and just kept hitting face til the rogue crumbled with no progress on their quest

Turn 7 and the quest wasn't completed? Poor rogue.

Dart

So I'm at rank 10 with my Quest/Highlander Hybrid

It does pretty well but more importantly, it's a lot of fun to play.

With all these rouge Quests though it's usually impossible past turn 5-6.

Purify Priest is the only priest deck that is a favorable match up, but then gets wrecked by other decks 😫

scarlet

So I'm at rank 10 with my Quest/Highlander Hybrid

It does pretty well but more importantly, it's a lot of fun to play.

With all these rouge Quests though it's usually impossible past turn 5-6.

Purify Priest is the only priest deck that is a favorable match up, but then gets wrecked by other decks 😫

Maybe you want to try this?

https://twitter.com/Zetalot2/status/850841951746359296

https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessProductiveGnatResidentSleeper?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Murloc Association is damn fun to play. Easily my favorite pre-made recipe of the expansion.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Is Pyros good? I haven't crafted it even though Mage is my jam. Just seems mediocre as fuck. I mean it's cool to have a guaranteed card before Blazecaller I guess. Maybe because I haven't seen it in action I just assume it's trash.
I got a golden through packs and dusted it. Could be a huge mistake but something about mage elementals seem extremely bad to me. Guess I just don't see any potential.

Maybe as a simple sudo draw? But would rather have a separate deck defining legendary for how much dust I need for so many..

scarlet

I got a golden through packs and dusted it. Could be a huge mistake but something about mage elementals seem extremely bad to me. Guess I just don't see any potential.

Pyros is bad, just need hex, polymorph, devolve, etc, and the value is gone.

Theoretically elemental mage is better than shaman with the amount of burst she had.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
6WubM5K.jpg

no brawl no cry

I'm disappointed every time someone plays Sulfuras, hero powers, and there's no voice line. Ragnaros has made me come to expect one. I wish all heroes had a line when they hero power.

d9Ztesc.png

Just casual plays so far but I'm 12-2. Lost once to absolutely terrible draws (cold blood, cold blood patches) and still almost won if I had only top decked leeroy.

Second loss was to an elemental shaman I had just played and clobbered but they curved out too well and probably high rolled a couple things. I probably need some card draw to beat that sort of heavily taunt deck - he played 3 stone sentinels back to back and I still wasn't out of steam til the third one.

Sherazin is alright in the list. Hasn't been that special since it's only a 1 of so it doesn't actually get played often so need more testing to see if it's worth it. The times I have gotten it early I have gotten it to revive without pain and that is pretty good tempo gain when it does activate.

Hallucination let me beat the one pirate warrior I ran into. I got a bloodhoof brave off it. Played it at the right time and bought enough time to win.

scarlet

If you just need to kill the taunt envenom is enough. Unless you wanna attack face too.

Anyways it takes 400 dust to craft a golden common? That's a lot.

The little Rock Elementals you can get from Kalimos have the best golden card animation in the game. This is legitimately the only time I have ever wanted a golden card, hahaha.

Badgerst3

Done with this bullshit till Rogue is Nerfed.
Make it 10 fucking named cards.
Quest+ south sea deckhand and boar- fuck this.

Can't touch rogue with quest priest, purify priest or even taunt warrior.

Fuck off Blizzard.

Fuck off Blizzard.
You can't touch Quest Rogue with a bunch of iffy meme decks?

It's been said again and again: Quest Rogue gets slaughtered by aggro. The card might need a nerf, but it's not unbeatable. Not even #1 in the meta right now according to our first set of metrics.

Haven't posted or played in a while but I figured I'd run for ten wins for the hero.

Just ran into an Infinite Priest. Questing, Mana-Addict, Radiant Elemental, and I think only Shadow Visions and Mind Blast in their deck. Quite the opening gambit but not a lot you can do against them if they get their cards.

KuroNeeko

Fuck off Blizzard.

I've found that Priest actually does well provided that you run

1) Shadow Visions
2) Dragonbreath Potion

It just be the skill (read--lack of) of my opponents, but I haven't lost a Quest Rogue match yet. Their early game drops are really, really week. So long as you contest them early on, they tend to have only a few 5/5s for you to deal with when the quest finally pops.

Maybe I just need to get some more games in...

Badgerst3

You can't touch Quest Rogue with a bunch of iffy meme decks?

It's been said again and again: Quest Rogue gets slaughtered by aggro. The card might need a nerf, but it's not unbeatable. Not even #1 in the meta right now according to our first set of metrics.

I have my doubts: aggro hunter maybe with perfect card draw.

I can't fathom consistent removal after turn 7 with any sort of southsea, boar and return minion cards avail.

Warrior or Priest deck link?

I'm pretty sure Priest is still my favorite class. I played Control Priest forever, then Deathrattle Priest, then Dragon Priest, and now I'm playing some weird hybrid Dragon/Steal-Your-Cards Priest. At the end of the day, I just feel like a salt farmer. Even if I have lethal in-hand, I make sure I throw out some RNG shit that lets me steal one of my opponent's cards, then use that card to finish them instead.

I don't know. Playing a slower match (not in the sense of roping but rather more overall turns) and beating a Pirate Warrior after 20 minutes is so fulfilling.

I have my doubts: aggro hunter maybe with perfect card draw.

I can't fathom consistent removal after turn 7 with any sort of southsea, boar and return minion cards avail.

Warrior or Priest deck link?

The idea is that you kill them on turn 5 or 6. Pirate Warrior, Discard Zoo, and Hybrid Hunter are good options.

KuroNeeko

I'm pretty sure Priest is still my favorite class. I played Control Priest forever, then Deathrattle Priest, then Dragon Priest, and now I'm playing some weird hybrid Dragon/Steal-Your-Cards Priest. At the end of the day, I just feel like a salt farmer. Even if I have lethal in-hand, I make sure I throw out some RNG shit that lets me steal one of my opponent's cards, then use that card to finish them instead.

I don't know. Playing a slower match (not in the sense of roping but rather more overall turns) and beating a Pirate Warrior after 20 minutes is so fulfilling.

The best kind.

Fuck off Blizzard.

The deck is good but not broken. As priest you're gonna struggle against likely every strong rogue deck ever played though. Taunt warrior can win much better than priest.

I just played against a quest rogue who completed their quest on turn 4, and still won. It's very doable.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/sf87xNwchDsqdntEMVBwv8

Also I am pretty sure 10 cards would have to make the rogue instantly win to ever be worth playing.

edit:
Also, no one cares if your meme priest cannot win against a solid rogue deck. Sorry to be harsh but yeah.... seriously.

KuroNeeko

Yeah, to be honest, after years of Hearthstone I pretty much just expect to lose against Rogue. At least we have Dragonbreath Potion and Shadow Visions now.

Yeah, to be honest, after years of Hearthstone I pretty much just expect to lose against Rogue. At least we have Dragonbreath Potion and Shadow Visions now.

It's like jade druid complaining about PW, some things are just... if you want to beat PW you just don't play a deck that PW counters. If you want to beat quest rogue don't play some of the worst decks that are capable of beating any rogue deck let alone a combo rogue deck.

The deck is good but not broken. As priest you're gonna struggle against likely every strong rogue deck ever played though. Taunt warrior can win much better than priest.

I just played against a quest rogue who completed their quest on turn 4, and still won. It's very doable.

Also I am pretty sure 10 cards would have to make the rogue instantly win to ever be worth playing.

edit:
Also, no one cares if your meme priest cannot win against a solid rogue deck. Sorry to be harsh but yeah.... seriously.
He completed the quest on turn 4, but didn't play it until turn 8. That's an important detail.

Xanathus

It's like jade druid complaining about PW, some things are just... if you want to beat PW you just don't play a deck that PW counters. If you want to beat quest rogue don't play some of the worst decks that are capable of beating any rogue deck let alone a combo rogue deck.

bu-but-but my deck should be able to beat every other deck in existence, obviously this means quest rogue is OP and is CANCER </hearthstonegaf>

KuroNeeko

bu-but-but my deck should be able to beat every other deck in existence, obviously this means quest rogue is OP and is CANCER </hearthstonegaf>

To be fair, I think that some decks / archetypes DO have a chance at beating every other deck out there and then there are some really lopsided matches like old Freeze Mage vs. Control Warrior, Freeze Mage vs. Priest, Handlock vs. Priest, Rogue (Miracle / Oil) vs. Priest, Renolock vs. Priest.....HEY!

Badgerst3

edit:

No idea what a meme deck is, I have just always enjoyed priest and got a fair number of the quest priest cards in the expansion.

I run 2 dragon fire potions and 2 shadow deaths, just venting that after 6 games- I was demolished at rank 15 by 5 quest rogues. Will tinker with shadow vision and modify my alternate taunt warrior a bit.

Would absolutely say quest rogue is the new jade shamen. I just want to one day crack rank 10. Admittedly I am a pretty casual player.

Atram

I was so salty about the rouge quest, I builded a ember miracle priest. It worked out, now beating with it Quest rouges, Quest Warriors, Pirate Warrior and Mages one after another. The deck was made for fun but is working much better than expected.

Lyra turned out to be one of the better legendarys in this set

No idea what a meme deck is, I have just always enjoyed priest and got a fair number of the quest priest cards in the expansion.

I run 2 dragon fire potions and 2 shadow deaths, just venting that after 6 games- I was demolished at rank 15 by 5 quest rogues. Will tinker with shadow vision and modify my alternate taunt warrior a bit.

Would absolutely say quest rogue is the new jade shamen. I just want to one day crack rank 10. Admittedly I am a pretty casual player.

I understand. When I play rogue into a string of freeze mages I get pretty pissy too.

KuroNeeko

I haven't played that many games since the new expac, and I skipped out on the last two months of Mean Streets, but I don't know, mayne. I'm not sure if it's quite as strong or consistent as the Jade Shaman...

Still, if I can make rank 10, then you can definitely make rank 10. Climbing with Priest is always harder for us plebs, you just gotta find a list you like even if it means abandoning the Rogue Quest match-up. (currently rank 19 lol)

zoukka

The Rogue quest is a bit like Miracle in that you can't do anything when they go off...

Except they can go off on turn 3-4.

peakish

Dragon fire potion is way too slow against quest rogue. If they have the quest completed by turn 6 they will just refill the board from hand. If you can't kill them you've lost and the potion does nothing for that goal.

I'm teching my mage and priest decks to be more midrange (I know this is one of my biggest weak spots) but I'm not good enough to compete with quest rogue yet.

^ It feels more like a hellspawn of freeze and jade. Besides killing them or using Dirty Rat you can't interact with their gameplan and once they get going it's a swarm of boring big dudes.

KuroNeeko

the game would be better if they just deleted priest.

I mean, here's an example of the board state about a turn or two before this rogue conceded.

I had a really good start:

1) Coin &#8594; Radiant Elemental &#8594; Mind Vision + Power Word: Shield
2) Radiant Elemental #2

I think turn three I Shadow Visionsed to get Dragonfire Potion, but had to settle for PW:D. Then I used the Gnomish Engineer (I Mind Visioned) to draw other threats like Lyra, Priest of the Feast, and more PW:Ds.

Seems like you have to grab the board early.

Morlas

lol all the pirate warrior's i've played with my midrange paladin are either too dumb to play around get down or never stood a chance in the first place.

peakish

That's just the way he is.
TBF Priest has had a lot of stupid shit in it. In return it's been a pretty bad class but I can see why people don't like having their good cards get entombed or played against them from thoughtsteal, drakop and all that crap. I wish we'd get actually good, fair cards printed.

Dart

Cast Shadow Visions with no card left and it gave me the last card used (Devine spirit) and was able to cast it even though it looked glitched in my hand.

Is this a bug?

KuroNeeko

TBF Priest has had a lot of stupid shit in it. In return it's been a pretty bad class but I can see why people don't like having their good cards get entombed or played against them from thoughtsteal, drakop and all that crap. I wish we'd get actually good, fair cards printed.

Oh, I know.

I think DracOP is a stupid card, but for every bomb you pull, you get plenty of duds.
Entomb was a great card and didn't even have that big a presence in the last meta. I'm sad it is gone.

Shadow Visions is a "fair" card and is great. It really helps out with the consistency issues that Priests had with not having the right removal at the right time. At the same time, it helps enable new(ish) archtypes like Purify Priest. It's such a smart card. I think it should be changed though so that you can't Vision for another Vision.

Cast Shadow Visions with no card left and it gave me the last card used (Devine spirit) and was able to cast it even though it looked glitched in my hand.

Is this a bug?

It's a bug!

Top Bottom