• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

squidyj

Let me put it this way, I would rather face nothing but pirate warriors than 1 in 3 matches being priest. It doesn't even matter if my win percentage is better against the priests every match is a fucking clown fiesta.

Let me put it this way, I would rather face nothing but pirate warriors than 1 in 3 matches being priest. It doesn't even matter if my win percentage is better against the priests every match is a fucking clown fiesta.
You'll appreciate this:
I was playing my Renolock vs. a Priest, and had the game completely dominated. 4 Infernos on the board plus Brann. I'm at 6 health from punching things in the face. He's dead on the next turn with nothing on the board.

He plays Potion of Madness on Brann. Then he plays Abyssal Enforcer for 6 damage to everything for the kill.

KuroNeeko

You'll appreciate this:
I was playing my Renolock vs. a Priest, and had the game completely dominated. 4 Infernos on the board plus Brann. I'm at 6 health from punching things in the face. He's dead on the next turn with nothing on the board.

He plays Potion of Madness on Brann. Then he plays Abyssal Enforcer for 6 damage to everything for the kill.

A fitting end.

Dart

I'm having a blast playing as Priest

Been playing my Highlander/Quest Hybrid, Purify, Dragon/Elemental, and now Lyra Combo

So many options, haven't had this much fun w/ HS in a while.

Imo the most annoying class isn't even pirate warrior anymore it's Quest Rogue.

I mean, here's an example of the board state about a turn or two before this rogue conceded.

I had a really good start:

1) Coin → Radiant Elemental → Mind Vision + Power Word: Shield
2) Radiant Elemental #2

I think turn three I Shadow Visionsed to get Dragonfire Potion, but had to settle for PW:D. Then I used the Gnomish Engineer (I Mind Visioned) to draw other threats like Lyra, Priest of the Feast, and more PW:Ds.

Seems like you have to grab the board early.

Mind sharing your list? Seems a lot different than the one I'm running that I stole from someone else in this thread from the other day:

AgEyq9a.png

Considering dropping the one Northshire for a second Dragonfire Potion and maybe the Argus for a Thoughtsteal or Mind Vision.

KuroNeeko

not even fucking close, even when they get random shit you know exactly what they're doing at all times, you know exactly which minion they're investing their bounces into and the deck dies to all sorts of stuff.

He said it was annoying, mayne.
Shouldn't be a huge leap of faith to imagine Rogue being an annoying match-up for Priest.

Lyng

I have to agree. Playing against priest is silly and boring, even if you win.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
priest even makes shaman more rng by letting them get crystalline oracle off of maelstrom portal.

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure the 2/3 that makes minions cost more is going to win and lose a lot of games too.

ZeroX03

Banned
Worth crafting two Preps for Quest Rogue? All I'm missing for the deck. If they did nerf the Quest, I'd get more dust than I'd spend back anyway so why not?

Lyng

The one thing I want from Shadowverse the most is the emotes. They are all friendly. And even if you try to troll with them it falls flat due to their nature.
Loosing to a hyper emoting warrior is just a useless part of the game. There is absolutely no need for a game to enable this behaviour.
(unless its because Blizzard believe this might enrage people enough so they dump a bunch of money on the game to be able to deal with the silly stuff)

f0lken

Worth crafting two Preps for Quest Rogue? All I'm missing for the deck. If they did nerf the Quest, I'd get more dust than I'd spend back anyway so why not?

Preps are basic for every single rogue deck, is one of the more important cards ever

Lyng

Having a ton of success with Elemental shaman. Build it in a midrange/tempo fashion. Completely destroys pirate warrior.

scarlet

Dude BMing me since 1st turn, but until turn 9 his quest hadn't activated. And I BMed him back in the end, and he added me lol.

And he was so proud of his black Knight​. Which I dirty ratted it later.

Damn, that reminds me, I should consider adding Black Knight to my Priest deck. Lots of Taunts these days with Warrior and Druid to some extent. Doesn't really help me vs Pirate Warrior scumbags however...

And I'm done, rank 5 got. After failing around with my own version of quest rogue I netdecked and it was pretty smooth sailing from there.
Zero-Maia Reddit said:
It was this guys list. Edwin really wasn't missed much and Bilefin Tidehunter really is good stat vomit when you have Crystal Cove active.

Even when I lost to lists running stonetusk boar I thought they were awful and the whole violet teacher moroes package is highly impractical.

ZeroX03

Banned
Prep has been in basically every Rogue deck since pre-Naxx. Can't say we how you'd go wrong crafting two.

Rogues will always find a use for prep.

Preps are basic for every single rogue deck, is one of the more important cards ever

Hahaha I'm well aware, but I'd probably never play Rogue if it wasn't a stupid combo deck. I love shit like this.

e: Crafted it up. 26 damage to the face on turn six. Disgusting!

scarlet

Finally reach rank 7 (my highest so far) with quest warrior. 1700 dust for 2 fishes, 1 dirty rat, 1 drake, 1 alley armorsmith paid off.

Hahaha I'm well aware, but I'd probably never play Rogue if it wasn't a stupid combo deck. I love shit like this.

e: Crafted it up. 26 damage to the face on turn six. Disgusting!

Even if quest rogue is nerfed, which I doubt frankly, miracle rogue is also strong combo deck where preps will always find a home.

I do want to point out though, not every rogue deck runs prep. That is not true.

Pooya

Discard is very irritating. You have no control over any of it, it's all RNG. Shadowverse has a very similar discard mechanic but the cards that discard, discard your lowest cost or highest cost cards so you know what cards you're not discarding. It's way way better. As it works in HS, one side is always going to feel bad about the outcomes.

patchday

I think Freeze mage is the new villain. Maybe the new Control Warrior is highly annoying as well (this coming from someone that loves Taunt Warrior too).

I don't know which deck is worst to fight against. probably freeze mage that's some non-interactive stuff right there. Even when you know you got the match won you still might have to watch them jerk around for like 4-6+ turns

frost nova + frost nova + blizzard + waygate == zzZZZzz (edit, and don't let them have 2 ice blocks around too. It can be sorta non-interactive for like 6-7 turns)

d9Ztesc.png

Just casual plays so far but I'm 12-2. Lost once to absolutely terrible draws (cold blood, cold blood patches) and still almost won if I had only top decked leeroy.

Second loss was to an elemental shaman I had just played and clobbered but they curved out too well and probably high rolled a couple things. I probably need some card draw to beat that sort of heavily taunt deck - he played 3 stone sentinels back to back and I still wasn't out of steam til the third one.

Sherazin is alright in the list. Hasn't been that special since it's only a 1 of so it doesn't actually get played often so need more testing to see if it's worth it. The times I have gotten it early I have gotten it to revive without pain and that is pretty good tempo gain when it does activate.

Hallucination let me beat the one pirate warrior I ran into. I got a bloodhoof brave off it. Played it at the right time and bought enough time to win.

interesting deck will have to try. still havent used my shard

plus I love burgle rogue :)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
When they win. When they can't pull their combo is almost as sad as playing against the starter deck that the game gives you when you start playing

Must be the RNG gods hate me cause they always have their quest finished by turn 5 at the latest.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
For an anti-control deck that gets eaten by aggro, it's nice that Quest Rogue doesn't feel as hopeless for control as Jade did, especially if they don't run things like Moroes and Violet Teacher.

For the rest of the game, they will only ever build 5/5s, which make them always potentially controlled with damage spells or minions. Its not like the 8+ counter on jade where the only way you could ever control them is with hard AoE removal. Things like Felfire Potion and Dragonfire Potion and Fireball and 5+ attack minions will always work to at least remove one.

patchday

there's lots of deck that seem to counter quest rogues tho--

Control Warrior messes them up with those dirty rats.
Fast aggro decks

And I'm done, rank 5 got. After failing around with my own version of quest rogue I netdecked and it was pretty smooth sailing from there.

It was this guys list. Edwin really wasn't missed much and Bilefin Tidehunter really is good stat vomit when you have Crystal Cove active.

Even when I lost to lists running stonetusk boar I thought they were awful and the whole violet teacher moroes package is highly impractical.

grats will give that a shot at some point too

sibarraz

Banned
I think that dirty rat should be an autoinclude in almost every deck

1) Against quest rogue, you can screw their gameplan pulling or their bounced cards, or their bounce enablers which really destroys them for at least 1 or 2 turns (which is a big deal) in the worst case, you pull edwin, or a boar who at least in the future will not be a 5/5 charge at least, even an engineer could be fine since they don't draw as much as their miracle counerpart)

2) Against quest mage well timed perfectly it can pull a sorcress apprentice or antonidas, which in both cases are almost a gg (unless he managed to remove a good chunk of your hp)

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I think that dirty rat should be an autoinclude in almost every deck

1) Against quest rogue, you can screw their gameplan pulling or their bounced cards, or their bounce enablers which really destroys them for at least 1 or 2 turns (which is a big deal) in the worst case, you pull edwin, or a boar who at least in the future will not be a 5/5 charge at least, even an engineer could be fine since they don't draw as much as their miracle counerpart)

2) Against quest mage well timed perfectly it can pull a sorcress apprentice or antonidas, which in both cases are almost a gg (unless he managed to remove a good chunk of your hp)

No lies. Dirty Rat is currently a WMD.

hollomat

Banned
You don't even need to buy packs with that amount of dust.

I normally play nothing but arena right after expansions come out to learn the cards and get a bunch of cards. Then once the meta settles I'll see which deck looks the most fun and craft two of them for constructed.

Using inkeeper to upload my deck to hearthpwn has been amazing for seeing which decks to construct. It tells you how much dust it will take you to construct the deck you're looking at based on your collection. Made a secret Mage deck that didn't require me to craft any extra cards.

Anyone else finding arena to be filled with more bullshit than ever before? My average is still around 5 wins, but every loss seems to be more lopsided than ever.

The last 5 times I've drafted Mage I've only been offered one flamestrike (not one per time, one overall) and no blizzards. But it seems like every Mage I face has AoE coming out their ass and multiple primordial glyphs to give them the exact spell they need.

Top Bottom