• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

636376115789029448.png

636376114789677087.png

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/3201-new-cards-revealed-happy-ghoul-despicable

Priests get a 3/3 on turn 2? Seemsgood.jpg

The Warlock card is interesting, and I think it will see play. Ravaging Ghoul gets play in Control Warrior sometimes just for its board ping, and this might see play in Renolock for the same reason.

One of the reasons I stopped playing Renolock seriously was Recruit Paladin. There are just SO MANY 1/1s that shuffle onto that board out of nowhere, and Warlock doesn't have the clearing power. This will help a lot with that, and it means Paladins would have to wait for the Recruit combos on turns 7 and 8 instead of playing them on curve - that gives Warlocks more tools to manage the board like the new Doomsayer combo and Twisting Nether.

On that note, Treachery + Doomsayer seems like a must-play combo for Renolocks. A guaranteed 5-mana board clear is just too fantastic to ignore, and Warlock decks currently suffer from only having Twisting Nether as their guaranteed clear at 8-mana. Just having a second option here is incredible for the deck's consistency and flexibility.

But since Treachery is already in the game...why not include Howlfiend at that point? It's one more card, and now Treachery has two flexible uses: either you use it to wipe your opponent's board in midrange and aggro matchups, or you use it to donate Howlfiend in Control matchups, and you force your opponent to discard a lot of cards.

Maybe run Happy Ghoul in aggro Paladin? Truesilver > Dread Corsair > Patches > Happy Ghoul?

Ehh...i dunno.

Any Warlocks running drain life? Lol

Mistress of mixtures though, but that's not something you control.

gutshot

Ghoul seems like more an Arena card to me and a powerful one in the right class. Getting to tempo out a free 3/3 is very good.

Dreadlord is constructed quality though. Could definitely find a home in a slower Demonlock deck.

TankUP

You can play it for free in any turn you used your hero power on face as a priest. So it's two mana heal for 2 summon a 3/3. Seems good to me. I don't think it sees play outside of priest and it's debatable you even need a tempo card in a control/value class.

wiibomb

Oh wow, I love those 2 cards, and for once a demon that does something useful against the enemy without trying to destroy the user.

The happy ghoul is just a free minion for priest. No idea if that is enough to see play.

At this point, I am expecting the DK Warlock card to return discarded cards to your hand and have some kind of discard protection, and I am expecting the DK Warrior to deal 1 damage to all minions on the board every turn as the new passive hero power.

You can play it for free in any turn you used your hero power on face as a priest. So it's two mana heal for 2 summon a 3/3. Seems good to me. I don't think it sees play outside of priest and it's debatable you even need a tempo card in a control/value class.
Even Renolock appreciated these kinds of tempo cards, and I can see the potential to play Farseer on turn 3 along with this card. That's a lot of board tempo to free up taps for the next turn or two.

Based on the text, once.
Hmm, disappointing. I want to find a way or two to proc that Howlfiend after I donate it. I think people are underestimating how valuable that combination is in control matches. Imagine you are playing Renolock vs. any other control deck and you suddenly force them to discard 6 cards in their hand. In a lot of situations, that is game over right there.

While Dreadsteed is getting nerfed, it's one of the best ways to get those Howlfiend procs once you get the penultimate board fill of 6. So Howlfiend, Treachery, and then hit the card with all 6 Dreadsteeds is an incredibly strong combo, and outside of Priests being the stealbitches they are, most decks have no answer to this vicious combo.

Which, of course, leads us into questions of how you make space for these fantastic combos in Renolock, haha. I think I am gravitating toward removing most of my deathrattles (Sludge Belcher, Piloted Shredder, Dr. Boom) in favor of these combos, and putting a Dreadsteed in.

On the other hand, if the DK Warlock card is discard-oriented and makes Discard Control legitimate, we might be in a position where Lakkari Portal becomes the win condition over Dreadsteeds or Jaraxxus. That's actually something I'm really interested in: between Dreadsteeds, Jaraxxus, and Lakkari Portal, which one(s) will be viable as Renolock's win condition? I think they're moving toward all 3 as an option, and I would probably drop Jaraxxus from my deck and go for Dreadsteeds or Lakkari Portal depending on how the DK Warlock turns out.

FeD.nL

Or whenever a lifesteal effect procs. Can see a tempo divine shield pally list coming together.

One thing about Happy Ghoul, you actually have to heal damage for it to work. Think about how the card Lightwarden works. Not that it's difficult to take face damage these days.

Just wanted to clarify for those who may not know.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Druid of the swarm seems really good.

I don't like the paladin hero power at all. Either it sucks to play or sucks to play against.

Pooya

the paladin one, alternate win condition in the game wow. It's kinda funny. I think it will work against control decks. Adds inevitability to the game.

what is the stats on token druid hero gives? Seems like ok card, 3 damage for 2 mana is not a joke. Neither is almost tank up.

Man, I want to have all the hero cards.

They didn't save much for tomorrow.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
the paladin one, alternate win condition in the game wow. It's kinda funny. I think it's will against control decks. Add inevitably to the game.

what is the stats on token druid hero gives? Seems like ok card, 3 damage for 2 mana is not a joke. Neither is almost tank up.

1/2 and 1/5 respectively.

TankUP

Both of those seem very strong.

The paladin especially, an Ashbringer with Lifesteal, an upgraded recruit that auto wins you the game if you spam 4 off them without them being removed? WTF.

The druid one being 7 mana means you can fit in a hero power if you do with 9 mana available (not a hard thing for a class with so much Ramp). It's very slow but you get 3/4s of a tank up or feral rage attack every turn which is very good imo.

I wanna see the different tokens for Druid of the Swarm, including the Fandral version.

this all but confirms the warrior DK is shit

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
That Druid one is pretty lame, even though it might end up being a solid card. Paladin one looks like a fun meme deck if you go for the OTK, but still a good card otherwise.

Blizzard

Banned
The druid battlecry seems really weak to me but I guess it's the 5-mana spider card again, and Blizzard really values poisonous.

For 7 mana, you get either two 1/2 poisonous or two 1/1 taunt minions. Either one of those can be cleared by a single spell or a single AOE minion, but maybe they're useful if the opponent has used their removal, or doesn't have removal.

Having 3 attack / 3 armor is nice but rather bland compared to some of the other powers.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The only time we'll see 4 of the horsemen in a game is in Trolden videos.

Ashbringer with Lifesteal is awesome though.

Pooya

Sideshow spelleater could have seen some play now lol.

paladin hero is certainly good in wild with some of the cards that interact with hero power. Basically all of them have taunt, it will be so annoying to beat this with the weapon too. You leave up two of them, you can lose to Beardo and 1 spell lol.

I think all the revealed cards are good. That 6 drop is kind of interesting, probably not good enough but it works with truesilver, so does happy ghoul. You could have something there, good potential for tempo swings.

I think the druid hero power is actually strong. It flips 3 health a turn or used as removal. Flexible in how you do it too, unlike justicar CW hero power which only gave armor.

But I think paladin will be day 1 craft for me. N'zoth paladin for sure. Probably more than just nzoth paladin.

Blizzard

Banned
the paladin one, alternate win condition in the game wow. It's kinda funny. I think it will work against control decks. Adds inevitability to the game.

Man, I want to have all the hero cards.

They didn't save much for tomorrow.
There are 35+ cards left to go, many of them neutrals. Shenanigans could still happen.

Just thinking about it, after you play Pestilent, follow that up with Beardo and some spell combos. Not only do you have Innervate and Moonfire for free spells, there's also Claw and Bite too. You could even run Savagery to get rid of a taunt if ones up too.

Probably clunky as hell, but there's OTK potential there.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The paladin is fucking huge, it means Fatigue isn't an auto loss for Paladin anymore.

On the contrary you should now win fatigue with surety.

People are saying that about every deck. Priest and warrior have the ability to essentially never fatigue. Mage has a lot of opportunity to get 3/6 minions with lifesteal off your hero power. Jade druid will likely still exist.

Ladekabel

Damn, I want Priest, Paladin and Druid DK. Plus the Priest legendary. And some other things.

This is going to be dust expensive again...

Top Bottom