• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
At least most of the legendary minions revealed suck. And not many auto craft epics. That helps the cost of this expansion.

People are saying that about every deck. Priest and warrior have the ability to essentially never fatigue. Mage has a lot of opportunity to get 3/6 minions with lifesteal off your hero power. Jade druid will likely still exist.
Of course but I scooped to lots of warriors in the OG days because I was lacking a way to win in fatigue which makes me very biased to these sorts of effects.

OTOH they can now shuffle their hands into their decks which means I sol anyway.

zoukka

636373844224214351.png

How did I miss this beast!

Blizzard

Banned
Dumped in the Facebook gallery of shitty arena cards.
Do you consider Primordial Drake, Bittertide Hydra, Stubborn Gastropod, Stonehill Defender, Jeweled Macaw, Free From Amber, Radiant Elemental, Lyra the Sunshard, Earthen Scales, Primordial Glyph, Vicious Fledgling, Hallucination, Humongous Razorleaf, Biteweed, Razorpetal Lasher, Nesting Roc, Meteor, Molten Reflection, or Fire Plume's Heart "shitty arena cards"?

As far as I know, these were all revealed on the final day / Facebook dump.

Pooya

you definitely want to put Uther's weapon in a museum. That thing is so OP. Running weapon removal is even more justified. Basically every deck needs to have it.

So, warlock has the most expensive hero card in the game at 10. It gotta be super powerful right?!!1 ...

I think most druid decks will run the hero, it's only 7 and the hero power is so good it will fill up all your mana very nicely. It can make even jade druid so much better.

Dart

I wonder if the four horseman are each unique, with separate abilities similar to Shaman.

I'm wondering that too. Also because each horseman appears to be different, does it have to be all four different horsmen or is it possible to clone one for them to add to four?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm wondering that too. Also because each horseman appears to be different, does it have to be all four different horsmen or is it possible to clone one for them to add to four?

I definitely bet it has to be one of each.

I wonder if they come out in order or randomly but not repeated like shaman.

JJH

you definitely want to put Uther's weapon in a museum. That thing is so OP. Running weapon removal is even more justified. Basically every deck needs to have it.

So, warlock has the most expensive hero card in the game at 10. It gotta be super powerful right?!!1 ...

Uther, possible multiple ashbringers, true silver. That's a lot of weapons in museums.

zoukka

Druid DK is so fucking defensive. Get two big ass taunts, armor and +3 armor hero power. And it's versatile too.

It's gonna be the new ResidentSleeper to replace Justicar.

The Druid DK is kind of uninteresting. In Wild, do I really want this instead of Justicar Trueheart? It would have been more interesting if Malfurion got Poisonous or something like that. His battle cry is two weak minions compared to Priest, which basically gets a board wipe.

The real story is that two mana 1/5 taunt. What a beast of a card on turn 2.

Paladin card has great flavor, but the OTK potential is terrifying.

Do you consider Primordial Drake, Bittertide Hydra, Stubborn Gastropod, Stonehill Defender, Jeweled Macaw, Free From Amber, Radiant Elemental, Lyra the Sunshard, Earthen Scales, Primordial Glyph, Vicious Fledgling, Hallucination, Humongous Razorleaf, Biteweed, Razorpetal Lasher, Nesting Roc, Meteor, Molten Reflection, or Fire Plume's Heart "shitty arena cards"?

As far as I know, these were all revealed on the final day / Facebook dump.
Don't let him drag you down.

Pooya

I'm going to run Beardo in paladin. You stick two horsemen, all you need is one secret from hydrologist. It's game over. Knowing that Beardo is in the deck, it makes your hero so much more threatening.

Basically I'm going to build the most defensive control paladin ever seen because I don't need to deal 30 damage to any deck. It should even bypass iceblock btw, lol

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So paladin plays burgly bully at some point to get a few coins, hydrologist to get a secret. Plays the hero card.

Beardo, hero power, coin, hero power, coin, hero power, secret, hero power. Less set up and pieces than quest mage. Requires burgly bully to be productive though. But only one critical piece to be ratted out.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
With Beardo it is very possible to OTK with just a few innocent looking setups. Get some coins from Burgly Bully or run a bunch of 1 cost spells (Humility or Secrets).

How did I miss this beast!

Lowkey wanna build a priest deck that just runs two of these and barnes as the only minions. It'd probably suck but damn it sounds fun.
Surprised we got two more death knights revealed today, they both look pretty awesome. We've gotten some of the best greedy cards out of this set, let's hope we get to see some of them.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
With Beardo it is very possible to OTK with just a few innocent looking setups. Get some coins from Burgly Bully or run a bunch of 1 cost spells (Humility or Secrets).

You need two coins for the otk. Or for Beardo to survive a turn, or for two tokens to survive a turn. Very difficult.

Dart

Can't wait to see the trolden video where Priest somehow steals all horsemen... highly unlikly but not impossible. hehehe

I just watched the video. ROFL @ DK Uther's hero power using the Dreadsteed entrance animation.

7 mana and two 5-ass taunts is not weak at all.

I think paying 7-mana for two 1/5s is laughable. This is a turn your opponent is playing things like Dr. Boom. Hell, Ancient of War is a 5/10 taunt for 7. 5/10 vs. two 1/5s?

Obviously this is a card you play for the long-term hero power, but that battlecry is still pretty weak unless you get the Fandral synergy. So I think you have to plan to save an Innervate for the combo or something to make it all work.

zoukka

Druid battlecry summons 1/1 taunts I thought?

Nah the new 1/5 with growing health. It's nuts.

I think paying 7-mana for two 1/5s is laughable. This is a turn your opponent is playing things like Dr. Boom. Hell, Ancient of War is a 5/10 taunt for 7. 5/10 vs. two 1/5s?

Obviously this is a card you play for the long-term hero power, but that battlecry is still pretty weak unless you get the Fandral synergy. So I think you have to plan to save an Innervate for the combo or something to make it all work.

I don't agree at all. You still get the armor and the hero power as well. The fact that you even made the comparison to Ancient of War should make you realise how busted this DK is (at least in standard).

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
You need two coins for the otk. Or for Beardo to survive a turn, or for two tokens to survive a turn. Very difficult.

No more difficult than any of the bonkers OTKs that exist in Wild that require Emperor Ticks on several specific cards. I don't think the OTK works in standard, but in Wild combined with Emperor (cause why not) it shouldn't be too tough.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
No more difficult than any of the bonkers OTKs that exist in Wild that require Emperor Ticks on several specific cards. I don't think the OTK works in standard, but in Wild combined with Emperor (cause why not) it shouldn't be too tough.

Surviving could be tough. Remember you now need emp ticks (and a turn to play emp) and also a turn to play the hero card. Even with 10 healing on the hero card you will have trouble putting the pieces together and setting it all up i think.

I think the otk has more chance in standard with bully.

Holy shit Uther looks dope !!!!!!

Does malfurion work with Fandrial??
Malfurion confirmed to work with Fandral.

Nah the new 1/5 with growing health. It's nuts.

I don't agree at all. You still get the armor and the hero power as well. The fact that you even made the comparison to Ancient of War should make you realise how busted this DK is (at least in standard).
You're thinking of the 1/6 that grows. These are just 1/5s that don't grow at all, which is why it's not impressive.

I'm comparing to Ancient of War to show how underwhelming the card is...lol.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Surviving could be tough. Remember you now need emp ticks (and a turn to play emp) and also a turn to play the hero card. Even with 10 healing on the hero card you will have trouble putting the pieces together and setting it all up i think.

I think the otk has more chance in standard with bully.

I mean in Wild you cearly run both so you get two conditions to play toward.

I honestly have no idea if the OTK is any good. Probably not. But I love those silly decks and enjoy playing them every so often. Exodia Mage, that crazy Djnni Priest, etc. Not even all good decks, but lots of fun to try and solve the puzzle. I'll definitely try this one out.

zoukka

You're thinking of the 1/6 that grows. These are just 1/5s that don't grow at all, which is why it's not impressive.

Ah then it's not that insane. Still good. 10 ass taunt, 5 armor and 3 armor per turn is fatigue nightmare.

Dahbomb

The Druid DK isn't bad but not its game breaking either.

The Paladin DK though... I don't think they should've unveiled those side by side LMAO!

Paladin DK is potential 5/5 card. Like people are talking about OTK and stuff but nah...

5/3 Ashbringer with Life steal insane first of all. Then just having 2/2 minions that spawn with your hero power is amazing, that's Justicar power level there.

And then if you stick 4 of them on the board you win meaning you can't really be fatigued out. It's a Paladin win condition against those greedy as hell decks that people plan on using.

The Beardo stuff is cool and probably will get thrown in the deck but the card is just great standalone. Should honestly had been 10 mana.

This isn't a fair comparison because the DK gives you value over time with the hero power which Ancient of War doesn't. Two 1/5s and 5 armor is worth about 5 mana in the game, for 2 more mana you get a buffed hero power which has versatility.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Most of the dk cards immediate battlecry focus on you actually surviving the turn you play it so you actually get to use the cool effects.

FeD.nL

I think giving the Druid the ability to deal 3 damage with the hero power is very relevant for a class that lacks strong direct damage removals/AoE's. Combined with the fact that Druid runs a lot of high hp/lower atk minions it really fills in a weakness for the class.

The 2 damage of justicar was often just shy of what was needed. 3 damage allows the druid to finish off a lot of threats that had to be ran into their taunts.

wiibomb

I NEED to see if there is an animation for the 4 horsemen when they are all summoned on the field.

Btw, beardo could work in a meme deck to try and complete the exodia effect with some cheap spells.

I'm loving every single hero card.

EDIT: Just saw the video, oh I love those 4 horsemen so much

Top Bottom