• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Pooya

hopefully it's a big heal with a relatively weak hero power, that's only thing that matters for a control warlock. You don't need a very high value hero power in warlock, just to live against burn and things like that. Basically battlecry: Reno Jackson. That's what you need. For 10, it's not even that good.

Beckx

It will have to justify discard

i will not be surprised if it has nothing to do with discard.

donais basically said on friday that we shouldn't expect warlock to be suddenly resurrected, they don't want to take a class from worst to playable in one expansion, since that would basically mean printing a few problematic cards

wiibomb

New warrior spell

forgereveal.jpg

Pooya

card draw for pirate warrior, exactly what we needed. Arcanite Reaper on 5 every game.

Yeah, I'm going to run double ooze and Harrison in next meta game. Because fuck your weapons.

Dart

wonder if they go the route of WotOG and give everyone who opens a pack the Lich King card

You would think it would be the reward for beating the solo missions alone. Maybe it still is, & beating with all 9 classes gets you the Arthas hero skin.

wiibomb

wonder if they go the route of WotOG and give everyone who opens a pack the Lich King card

Nope, they are giving a random Death Knight hero card to anyone completing the prologue in the adventure mode. That's the c'thun of this expansion.

gutshot

I doubt it. The only reason they did that with C'thun was because unpacking all the support cards would feel bad if you couldn't get C'thun. Plus we're getting a free Death Knight card already.

That card would probably be too slow for Pirate Warrior.

I'm not sure about that, Pirate Warrior gets into top deck mode pretty quickly. It's not all that rare that pulling your Arcanite Reaper would be the thing that wins you the game.

I think this card is just super good. Pirate pulls their direct damage. Control pulls their stabilization.

This seems like a slam dunk one of when you take into account the new weapon as well. Especially for a class that has lackluster card draw overall and is going to run anywhere from 3 to 5 weapons in their deck.

Szadek

I think every "2 mana draw 2 cards" effect is worth paying attention to.
You probably only want to play 1 copy, since the second is often going to be a dead draw.

Also, I wonder if you get a 1/1 weapon when you don't have any weapons leff in your deck.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think every "2 mana draw 2 cards" effect is worth paying attention to.
You probably only want to play 1 copy, since the second is often going to be a dead draw.

Also, I wonder if you get a 1/1 weapon when you don't have any weapons leff in your deck.
If you play one copy it can be a really dead draw late in the game. I don't think it's that great or very reliable.

If you play one copy it can be a really dead draw late in the game. I don't think it's that great or very reliable.
that is highly dependent on the deck. Pirate Warrior has a high chance to win if they draw all their weapons on time and 1 more dead draw in the lategame which is already terrible for PW is nigh irrelevant. Meanwhile the 2 cost and overall speed of PW, as in how quickly it goes down in resources, makes it already decent if it just draws a single weapon late with you possibly able to play and swing with it right away.

Slower warrior builds are less likely to want to play this even with a higher density of weapons possibly as they have better avenues for card draw available but even those can include 1 copy fairly safely as they can stomach the loss of tempo from playing this early.

In conclusion I agree that's it's an easy inclusion as a 1 of in almost any warrior deck that plays 3+ weapons.

Pooya

It's guaranteed to draw direct damage. Imagine a card said, 2 mana draw fireball from your deck, that's crazy good. Now maybe war axe isn't exactly fireball but it almost is and better even for board control and this card can draw your two turn pyroblast on top at the same time and improving your future draws.

I think people will probably play one copy because you always want to keep war axe in the opening or look for it in almost every warrior deck unlike say secrets in mage where you want to draw them later. 2 is probably too much for 4 weapons. You have 5 cards in your deck that are either a weapon or draw you your weapons, you're very likely going to get one of them in your first 5 turns.

It's guaranteed to draw direct damage. Imagine a card said, 2 mana draw fireball from your deck, that's crazy good. Now maybe war axe isn't exactly fireball but it almost is and better even for board control and this card can draw your two turn pyroblast on top at the same time and improving your future draws.

I think people will probably play one copy because you always want to keep war axe in the opening or look for it in almost every warrior deck unlike say secrets in mage where you want to draw them later. 2 is probably too much for 4 weapons. You have 5 cards in your deck that are either a weapon or draw you your weapons, you're very likely going to get one of them in your first 5 turns.
Two of these means you can coin into it on turn one. Which Means War Axe is pretty much guaranteed on P2 side. Very enticing.

I can also now always get my Tentacles For Arms!!!

Finalow

the Paladin DK seems really damn strong, probably the best DK in the set so far.
winning the game with 4 of those 2/2s probably won't matter at all in most games, so it will be played for the weapon and the fact that you will summon 2/2s instead of 1/1s.

I'm not sure about that, Pirate Warrior gets into top deck mode pretty quickly. It's not all that rare that pulling your Arcanite Reaper would be the thing that wins you the game.

I think this card is just super good. Pirate pulls their direct damage. Control pulls their stabilization.

This seems like a slam dunk one of when you take into account the new weapon as well. Especially for a class that has lackluster card draw overall and is going to run anywhere from 3 to 5 weapons in their deck.
could see play in the standard version of the deck, assuming PW will still be a thing. even when you have too many weapons in hand the card can be decent since it reduces the chances of drawing yet another weapon after using it. also Finley is wild only now so the deck can't draw in any other way.

I believe it's weaker than a simple "2 mana draw 2" (that would probably be busted) though. you draw 2 weapons, 1 of which will be a dead card for a few turns.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What would dual wielding weapons even mean. It sounds like the only utility really would be hitting the face for more which sounds awful and i hate it.

f0lken

What would dual wielding weapons even mean. It sounds like the only utility really would be hitting the face for more which sounds awful and i hate it.

maybe it means your weapon is active during opponent turn, so you make damage to minions when they go face

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Warrior DK Dual Wields? HOTNESS.

I wonder if it will just let you choose which weapon to attack with or if you'd attack with both every time? Or just get two attacks with two different weapons?

Some of those combinations would be broke AF.

Dart

Warrior DK Dual Wields? HOTNESS.

I wonder if it will just let you choose which weapon to attack with or if you'd attack with both every time? Or just get two attacks with two different weapons?

Some of those combinations would be broke AF.

I'm more interested in what happens if I play Harrison or Gluttonous ooz LOL

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I mean as long as it's expensive at least pirate warrior won't be able to utilize it.

And trump could have been fucking around too.

Pooya

Dual wielding seems like is going to need a lot of UI work.

You play weapon removal, which one will break? the left one or the one on the right, or both? Shouldn't the card say that? Seems like not happening to me.

I mean as long as it's expensive at least pirate warrior won't be able to utilize it.

And trump could have been fucking around too.

That doesn't sound like a late game ability. Like...on turn 10, you aren't getting a lot out of being able to put 2 weapons on. What if it's a cheap card and equips 2 weapons when you use it? :-O

Dual wielding seems like is going to need a lot of UI work.
It probably just replaces your hero power icon.

Top Bottom