• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The way he worded it doesn't even make sense as a slip up. Worded it as "especially once that warrior death knight comes out" which makes no sense when this is all part of the same set releasing together.

But if that is what ends up happening I'm curious how it's even handled. Does an upgrade effect hit both? How do you attack with the second weapon, only after the first hit? That would be really weird with a lot of weapons like Fool's Bane which you can already attack multiple times with, but might not want to.

It seems overly complex for the way Hearthstone usually works.

scarlet

Lol WTF at that DK paladin lol.

I wish I still had my beardo.

This expansion is expensive, I want 3 hero cards, and now I don't feel bad at all getting ton of dust from spending my gold on old gods and classic.

scarlet

Pally takes 2 turns to "combo" with beardo. And priest just need 1, but 5/3 with weapon + 5 armor is worth it.

And quite happy that primordial glyph won't be as strong as it used to with so many new spells.

Ketch

The way he worded it doesn't even make sense as a slip up. Worded it as "especially once that warrior death knight comes out" which makes no sense when this is all part of the same set releasing together.

But if that is what ends up happening I'm curious how it's even handled. Does an upgrade effect hit both? How do you attack with the second weapon, only after the first hit? That would be really weird with a lot of weapons like Fool's Bane which you can already attack multiple times with, but might not want to.

It seems overly complex for the way Hearthstone usually works.

It's probably the hero power. Hero card is: "you can now dual wield" and hero power is: "2 mana: attack with your second weapon"

Fun brawl. 2 matches in a row stuck with priest and crappy cards with a few crappy spells. Played a hunter who got 2 ragnaros and neptulon.

edit:
Looks like I already did it and don't remember doing it before. Suffered for no reason.

Maybe Paladin's quest will see some play now? I mean, if you combine the cheap spells + the Uther DK + quest + Beardo it would give the deck good win conditions. It seens a good deck.

Mulgrok

Can't wait for the Trolden video of Warrior Dk getting dual Doomhammer, casts 2x heroic strike and attacks 4 times in a turn.

Pooya

Paladin quest is fundamentally flawed. It's never going to see play.

The only quests that have potential to see play in future are mage and priest.

TankUP

Trump was obviously joking.

Although I would not be surprised if they gave warrior a completely useless hero power if you draw your cards in the wrong order.

Warrior spell is fine. Thins deck, so you're drawing minions, and if dead man's hand sees play warrior needs more cycle.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Trump was obviously joking.

Although I would not be surprised if they gave warrior a completely useless hero power if you draw your cards in the wrong order.

Warrior spell is fine. Thins deck, so you're drawing minions, and if dead man's hand sees play warrior needs more cycle.

There's nothing obvious about trump and how he acts though.

I'm 10-2 with this deck so far. I like how it is operating so far. I have a jade golem version I am working on too. I might try including mimic pod because after you play finja you have a very high chance to draw and copy a damage card.

### Finja Tempo
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Undercity Huckster
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 1x (3) Shaku, the Collector
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (4) Naga Corsair
# 2x (4) Obsidian Shard
# 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
# 1x (5) Finja, the Flying Star
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Vilespine Slayer
#
AAECAaIHBsgDrwSRvALjvgLJvwKBwgIMtAGMAssD1AXjBYgHpwjdCPKwApK2Arm/Av3BAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

TankUP

Yeah, you need to run 2xAxe and 2xBlood Razor to make this new spell worth. If decks based around whirlwind effects spring up it'll be nice to have more chances to draw Blood Razor. Makes Mosh,Gromm and even Rotface better since you can hold the second charge of Blood Razor assuming no weapon destruction.

Unfortunately with the Paladin DK, this card, the new Rogue weapon, weapon destruction is probably going to be pretty common.

Wonder if we'll see a 5 weapon build of slow warrior like the old days of war axe, deaths bite and Gorehowl. Hard to see it since they already gave druid the new tank up and without it Gorehowl isn't nearly as good.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yo they made an 11 mana minion.

A giant for shamans, epic.

11 mana 8/8 reduce cost for every overloaded crystal this game.

That means there's an evolve/devolve route from 10 mana minions to 12.

I guess the translation i saw was wrong.

Frozen minions seems much much worse.

DGlrx_7XgAEgOEW

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It is indeed overload that reduces the cost.

And it's elemental.

Probably still not good enough for wild aggro shaman, but it's getting close.

TankUP

Fluffy is Hearthpwn's placeholder name before the official translations come out, I think.

A new giant is cool but it's a class card for an archetype I don't have idea the power of so it's pretty meh for now.

Edit: if it's overload based and an elemental then it's a sick card.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
A class-specific giant, eh?

How long until "Costs (1) less for each card you've discarded this game"?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Seems pretty great for control Shaman, 2 earth elementals and you're already half way to a free 8/8.

Nachos

When you devolve a 12-mana giant, I know it doesn't change, but does it retain its health total? If so, this seems like a buff, since now you you can't afford to ignore giants when casting devolve, for risk of fully healing them.

Maybe big body Shaman could be a thing. Flamewreathed, Earth Ele and Snowfury. Supplement with healing and removal and it might be good. Going to be tough for opponents to deal with that many big minions.

It's potentially even better than Arcane Giant in Rogue and Mage.

When you devolve a 12-mana giant, I know it doesn't change, but does it retain its health total? If so, this seems like a buff, since now you you can't afford to ignore giants when casting devolve, for risk of fully healing them.

Wouldn't a 12 mana giant devolve into this new giant?

Nachos

Wouldn't a 12 mana giant devolve into this new giant?
That's what I'm asking about. Does devolving an 8/1 giant right now keep it as an 8/1, or does it revert to its base stats? If it's the former, then once this giant comes out, there'll be a new edge case to consider.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
That's what I'm asking about. Does devolving an 8/1 giant right now keep it as an 8/1, or does it reset to its base stats? If it's the former, then once this giant comes out, there'll be a new edge case to consider.
Yes it currently stays an 8/1.

wiibomb

first class specific giant huh.

I'm sad that it is class specific, but since it's specifically for overload, I see the idea. Don't see this as a Thing from below, but pretty useful, specially in wild (totem golem)

Top Bottom