• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Blizzard

Banned
If they insist on using the discard mechanic, they could at least print a card or two with "this card cannot be discarded" rather than just discard trigger effects.

Blizzard

Banned
Fuck yeah finally rank 10, from 14 zero star. to 10 one star, and 0 loss.

Can relax a bit and wait for new meta
I don't like that way though. I'm going to derank myself from 18-19 placement to rank 20, then start with a totally clean slate and new cards to go down. :p I figure rank 20 will be crazier anyway instead of starting at the harder levels.

That would be pretty boring doe.

That would be too op. You could just discard three powerful cards and then discover them every turn.

That would require you to discard only the right cards in the first place though. Definitely possible but kind of a pain in the ass.

FeD.nL

Tirion also "heals" a lot often. This is not directly comparable, but in control lists I would play it over Tirion for sure. Both if possible since Tirion still is pure value.

Yeah I think you run Tirion regardless, especially with the divine shield tutor.

bunbun777

How about warlock hero gives all demons lifesteal? Hero power turns into spend 2 life, summon a random discarded minion.

edit oops didn't see above

Blizzard

Banned
I think it would be interesting to have a legendary minion that made both heroes immune until it dies. Maybe the lich king.

On that note, does immune e.g. from violet illusionist protect you from fatigue damage?

Dart

I think it would be interesting to have a legendary minion that made both heroes immune until it dies. Maybe the lich king.

On that note, does immune e.g. from violet illusionist protect you from fatigue damage?

Yup, the fatigue damage multiplier still goes up though.

Btw does anyone know when the stream goes live? In PST?

Ikkarus

I'm getting an urge to play mid-range / control paladin now. XD

DK Paladin is great because at the very least it guarantees a health boost and an alternative win condition. If you play Tirion too then your opponent usually only ever runs 1 ooze so they're going to have to either add in two or make a very difficult decision when to drop the ooze down.

DK Druid is actually really solid. It could pretty much go in any Druid deck with maybe the exception of token Druid. It's a no thrills DK but it's a solid one.

FeD.nL

Seeing as there a now only 2 neutral legendary's to be revealed I secretly hope the other one besides Arthas is Terenas. They basically have all the major bosses from ICC already.

rahji

I will miss the time of the card reveals. Everytime i checked this thread in the last weeks, there were new exciting cards and a lot of theorycrafting and discussions. I hope this thread will stay as lively as it is right now.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Been out for a bout a year now and super intimidated going back in with no gold and none of the last few expansions cards

Guess the only way to catch up is arena?

sibarraz

Banned
OK, GAF.

I've been out for a while. How does the new set look? Is it gonna Make Hearthstone Great Again?

Looks like a very interesting set, they are really pushing their own boundaries with the new card designs, thanks to the influence of one of the old designers of magic.

Also, Blizzard has been very generous this month, you are getting a lot of gold and packs if you played the weeks before release, and the new adventures included with the quest seem to be very grateful with the players too

iirate

Prediction: The Lich King is the "Barnes-like" card Donais teased last week.

Usually they also get a lot of the cards completely wrong too.

Strifecro and Kibler are the two I usually have a great interest in hearing their thoughts though.

I like these two and I usually check out ThatsAdmirable's review too.

manhack

Guys, Trump never saw the Warrior Deathknight card. None of the non-blizzard people have seen the cards being revealed prior to the reveals. His "accidental leak" was him joking around and because it is Trump its very hard to tell when he is joking.

Hell Disguised Toast release date "leak" was an obvious Troll and people still took it serious.

manhack

OK, GAF.

I've been out for a while. How does the new set look? Is it gonna Make Hearthstone Great Again?

Depending on what type of gameplay you like the game is currently in one of the best states it has ever been.

I had the most fun in Buzzard Unleash and Undertaker days, but I'm a wierdo.

Fewr

I will miss the time of the card reveals. Everytime i checked this thread in the last weeks, there were new exciting cards and a lot of theorycrafting and discussions. I hope this thread will stay as lively as it is right now.
Same. I've had a great time with all the events and the conversation here. 35 cards left for the fb dump.

TankUP

Prediction: The Lich King is the "Barnes-like" card Donais teased last week.

50790b151b.png

Guys, Trump never saw the Warrior Deathknight card. None of the non-blizzard people have seen the cards being revealed prior to the reveals. His "accidental leak" was him joking around and because it is Trump its very hard to tell when he is joking.

Hell Disguised Toast release date "leak" was an obvious Troll and people still took it serious.
We know that people often see the set before it's publicly released. Not a lot, but a select few. That's part of the story behind Lifecoach's hunter quest story where he told them not to print it when they flew them out to get his thoughts on Ungoro.

I suppose that could suddenly nor be the case this time, but odds are some people have seen close to the full set or at least more cards than have been unveiled. That doesn't mean it's necessarily Trump, but it also wouldn't be surprising if it were.

The Lich King should be a 2-phase card:

Arthas 6/6 - Divine Shield. Battlecry: Give divine shield to all of your minions. Deathrattle: Summon the Lich King

Lich King 9/9 - Lifesteal. Whenever Lich King attacks a character freeze it and the adjacent minions.

Pooya

9+ cards being powerful is not busted. Top end in the game was generally so weak before compared with 1-4 drops. Something like Ysera is poor because you can easily die or not get anything useful from it. For 9 mana, you should expect much more from your cards, these DKs are actually about what you should expect from expensive cards, not OP. You should see high cost cards in other card games, they literally end the game in one turn. These still don't do that.

sibarraz

Banned
Let's guess how many DKs see real play in the future meta, I say one or none.

The only card that I can't see being played is Rexxar, and this is more a case of not imagining him with any other power hero. He has the advantage of the board removal and being able to generate more cards when they start to get short though

I'm in the 3-4 range, less than half anyway.

I feel like they might see more use next year though. It'll depend what the next two expansions are like, especially when Whispers, Kara, and Streets rotate out.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Paladin Hero is basically guaranteed to be played and can just be slotted into decks that are already powerful to make them better. Priest is not that different. Not quite as strong but the effect is just generally powerful enough to run. Shaman is better than people give it credit for when the cost is just five mana. Rogue has massive potential. Druid is definitely a strong card, just depends on whether or not it fits into an archetype they are playing. All provide heavy late game value with little investment. I think these will fare much better than quests.

TankUP

What time does the card reveal stream start?

11am PDT (About 3 and a half hours from now).

Can I at least see the rest of them before I make a prediction? I mean, I am 80% that the last two are going to be crap, but still. There's also supporting cards that might be revealed. The Lich King legendary might have some kind of interaction. We know it costs 5 or less mana and it has an effect, and it was played the turn before the DK was played in the Paladin video.

Pooya

There is no way shaman is the worst one, it will see play. It's only 5, minimal investment, it's the most playable one. It's a finisher, I don't think you will expect to get that much value from the hero power usually but that's fine.People expect too much from one card, that battlecry is powerful.

Hunter one is good too but I don't know if hunter is going to be any good. I like to try the card in secret hunter, you don't run many minions and all you do is to use a lot of cards to create tempo in early game so if those are gone this could be the best top end ever and it's not a minion so it doesn't ruin Barnes. I think that deck has potential and if it's good you play hunter DK in there. This is probably the one likely card to not see play.

Priest will be used as a board clear and 4 mana to deal 4 damage a turn is no joke. This is going to be great, no build around required, no highlander junk OTK or anything like is needed for this card to be good.

Druid one will be Fandral MkII. I think it's the best one.

Rogue one has a lot of potential but highly depends on the available card pool. Donais confidently said it's going to be in almost in every rogue deck for next two years. That's a bold claim, he knows more than we do. It's probably good. The hero power doesn't cost mana, that makes it so much better than any other 9 cost hero.

Paladin one is all the top end and healing you need to stabilize. The weapon itself would see play if it was a 8 mana card.

Jaina, I don't know. I think the card is good but mage probably might not want this at this time. This is probably the second likely card to not see play but I think the card is good.

I think at least 4 of them will see play and we haven't seen the other 2. Unlike quests, these cards are not built around really, they're quite open ended, they don't dictate the cards you have to play, they don't ruin your turn 1 and that means they're going to be far more useful than quests will ever be.

Hycran

Banned
Just wait until they reveal the unicorn card that will make the princes playable

I would love to see a 5 mana 5/5 with the text "When this minion is in your deck, Princes will gain their effects regardless of whether they have been satisfied"

I'd also like to see a warlock hero power that lets you choose your discards, but we cant have nice things....

Top Bottom