• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

wiibomb

so, handbuff isn't entirely dead

20638224_1567114443331318_4298200607721160185_n.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I'm just going to screenshot the page for simplicity. This takes care of the rogue and hunter cards, still a druid card to go. I'll do another mass screenshot when they fill up more rows.

cards1ins34.png

Pooya

only card with spell damage is this set. disappointing, still you can give something with stealth spell damage and make a little malygos in there with brann lol.

I think the card could have some uses. It's not bad.

Blizzard

Banned
only card with spell damage is this set. disappointing, still you can give something woth stealth spell damage and make a little malygos in there with brann lol.
You don't want a lot of spell damage flying around with mage decks already occupying 1-2 of the tier 1 spots.

Pooya

Gnash is like Bash but worse. I like to see its flavor text lol.

Toxic arrow is playable, it's kinda controllable and more flexible deadly shot, you're not at the mercy of RNG. It's not bad. They clearly don't want hunter to combo wild pyro. Can't even play it with immune. Pretty sure immune minions are not targettable with anything.

Blizzard

Banned
Did Paladin not get a secret this set?
Nope. And even if they did, Geist could delete all secrets in their hand and deck if they don't get set by turn 6.

Surely these have to be the final cards even with my miscount. Oddly enough, one is spell damage.

cards3yasyi.png

Tainted Zealot looks darn close to a pirate, but it's apparently not.

wiibomb

Nope. And even if they did, Geist could delete all secrets in their hand and deck if they don't get set by turn 6.

Surely these have to be the final cards even with my miscount. Oddly enough, one is spell damage.

cards3yasyi.png

and that spell damage might be dangerous. it's cheap enough to make it with a combo card in a burn mage turn

Crosseyes

Banned
Uh... hmm... Wretched Tiller huh?

Didn't we just have a 1 mana 3/1 completely obliterate the meta recently? Maybe since it's awful at trades when attacking minions it's not as bad but...

Might be trouble.

Pooya

lmao at balanced abusive sergeant.

edit: spelldamage minions! yes. they all suck!

+2/+2 over kobold for 2 mana? why would I play that.

edit: the divine shield guy is better than kobold for f2p thalnos replacement. It's ok.

JJH

Doesn't look like control hunter is going to be a thing which kinda dampers their DK. Midrange looks to be their focus.

Ladekabel

Even with the changed packs I hope the next few expansions don't have double legendaries per class. Shit is expensive even if only a fraction is playable .

Dahbomb

IMO they have done an excellent job with this expansion. Even the cards that are generally vanilla pack fillers do something that makes them considered for specific decks (like 4 mana 2/4 summon 2 1/1s, that's a solid card for token decks).

My only real concern with this expansion is that Pirate Warrior still looks dominant, there haven't been that many good anti aggro tools this expansion unlike in Ungoro. Best option are Defile and a few life steal cards but that by itself won't stop PW.

Blizzard

Banned
IMO they have done an excellent job with this expansion. Even the cards that are generally vanilla pack fillers do something that makes them considered for specific decks (like 4 mana 2/4 summon 2 1/1s, that's a solid card for token decks).

My only real concern with this expansion is that Pirate Warrior still looks dominant, there haven't been that many good anti aggro tools this expansion unlike in Ungoro. Best option are Defile and a few life steal cards but that by itself won't stop PW.
One of these days I'll have to post like 5 Pirate Warrior replays again. It still boggles my mind how people can succeed with it at the rank 15 / rank 10 floor against the sort of decks I encounter.

Nachos

Also, I forgot to mention this, but it looks like they're updating the UI to have more information:
619VMdg.jpg

It'd be nice if they applied these changes to cards like Justicar, too.

Comes out Thursday.

Preorder goes away when the cards get patched in. They usually patch the game on Tuesday. So... today.
Is that a new change? Brode also said Tuesday was the last day at first, but then it sounded like he wasn't sure if it was that or Thursday. I know I got Gadgetzan 15 minutes before the packs unlocked.

TankUP

Is that a new change? Brode also said Tuesday was the last day at first, but then it sounded like he wasn't sure if it was that or Thursday. I know I got Gadgetzan 15 minutes before the packs unlocked.

Well, Reddit is saying you can preorder up until the set drops. :shrug:

Blizzard

Banned
Well, Reddit is saying you can preorder up until the set drops. :shrug:
Unless somebody doesn't have the money on hand, there's no point in waiting until the last minute though. There's an 100% chance you can preorder today, and a less-than-100% chance you can do it tomorrow or Thursday.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
what's up with the "no princes" thing?

Top Bottom