• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When does the arena get the new cards?

Everyone is saying 12 wins in arena is easy now that some people still have their free arena tickets...

Yesterday and today's arena runs (yes, I played a lot). Number stands for wins, until defeated (3 losses).

10, 7, 9, 7, 5, 8, 6, 8, 10, 4, 9, 8, 6, 2 (lol), 11, 8, 10, 10, 6, 7, 4, 7, 10, 9, 11, 8, 6, 10.

Yeah, 12 wins ain't ever happening for me anytime soon. Vanilla/Naxx/GvG-arena was way, way different.

vall03

Ugh, Exploding Bloatbat and Toxis Arrow are just meh and I waited for these two cards? So in the end, I'm just going to add Corpse Widow and Stitched Tracker in my Midrange deck. Very disappointing. I might craft Lich King but I think I'm going to wait for a few more weeks for the meta to settle. Also thinking about pre-ordering but I'm not really playing a lot of Hearthstone outside of daily quests, weekly Tavern Brawls, and monthly Ranked to 20.

Pooya

I don't know why toxic arrow cost 2, it makes no sense why it's so expensive. Arcane shot goes face a cost 1, the text isn't worth anything when you're hitting your own minions that have 3 hp or more with it. It's a very expensive way to just remove one thing already if it was 1 mana.

Kangi

Drain Soul has questionable usefulness, but Despicable Dreadlord fits right into a hypothetical Krul-Bloodreaver deck. Still don't think control Warlock will be a thing in standard, because that hero power alone isn't going to provide the necessary healing, but who knows.

Sanguine Reveler and Unwilling Sacrifice help Zoo but I don't think the Devilsaur Egg combos really do enough to help in standard... but again, wild benefits here. Also, highly doubt Blood Queen makes discard any more viable... and Wailing Felhound isn't even worth mentioning.

Blizzard

Banned
I ended up deciding to teach myself some Twitch stuff. I'm starting in 10 minutes if anyone wants to show up and do a community vote on each card.

I'm going to submit both my own vote and Twitch average votes into the spreadsheet, though of course I'll probably just end up talking to myself for an hour. It's good practice. :p

caphclpj.png

Stream link: https://www.twitch.tv/agentbliz

Otnopolit

Oops xD This is a big reason why I'm excited about this expansion : Blizzard is taking risks. Time to crunch the bank account numbers and see if I can pre order without fear!

Blizzard

Banned
Polling is working and I'm off through the class cards first. If anyone votes just type in chat to let me know, because otherwise I probably won't stop to spend much time with the polls since I'm the only one here. :p

wiibomb

Defile has a hard-coded limit on the number of triggers. Don't remember off the top of my head what the number is.

If I'm not wrong the max is about 50 triggers, which will take a lot.

The purposefully made these "cast again" card effects quick so the animations don't eat a whole 2 or 3 turn times.

I just sacrificed my Sonic Mania purchase and bought the 50 packs. I'm soooo weak.

that's a $20 game <_<

what's the divine cancer deck of this expansion? dark conviction and righteous protector look kind of nice but eh

perhaps a hobgoblin deck could get a little boost from some of these new cards

scarlet

9 7+ drops is insanely greedy imo. you need something for early game, perhaps the corsair/patches combo for early defense, otherwise just not enough early game to stop agro and agro is gonna be insanely powerful for at least the first week of this greedy ass meta

Yeah, I need to cut lightlord and 1 primordial drake.

nothing's gonna work in wild except uther, priest and agro, right

im already so sick of anduin but that priest card is just going to double down on those long ass games since it fits in every goddamn priest deck just like the paladin one does

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
nothing's gonna work in wild except uther, priest and agro, right

im already so sick of anduin but that priest card is just going to double down on those long ass games since it fits in every goddamn priest deck just like the paladin one does

Warlock hero is going to vastly change renolock I think.

Top Bottom