• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Blizzard

Banned
If I added 2 eviscerate and removed ancient brewmaster/assassinate, where would the swashburglar fit in (assuming the client lets me log in and I eventually get the adventure)?

Help me as a noob understand why swashburglar is good for this deck. Is it mainly that drawing cards with 1 mana is strong and class cards are usually stronger than otherwise? Or is it partly that, but mostly that getting patches off it is a huge deal?

Ketch

You can use loot hoarder instead of swash burglar

Honestly if you don't have patches you don't need to run any pirates, just get better early game cards for bouncing instead. Defias ring leader and SI7

The pirate that gives you weapon +1 attack.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If I added 2 eviscerate and removed ancient brewmaster/assassinate, where would the swashburglar fit in (assuming the client lets me log in and I eventually get the adventure)?

Help me as a noob understand why swashburglar is good for this deck. Is it mainly that drawing cards with 1 mana is strong and class cards are usually stronger than otherwise? Or is it partly that, but mostly that getting patches off it is a huge deal?

I think lots don't run boar if they are running the elemental package. Which seems kind of crazy to me.

Lots don't run sap.

Double mimic pod might be a little greedy.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What are you saying? When was it ever relevant? It's a card made to have fun in friendlies.

Just saying it's maybe harder to have fun with. It's not that fun to throw down a crappy card that gets easily removed before the fun effect ever happens.

Blizzard

Banned
I can't get the game client to load. It just kicked me out of an Arena game. ;_;
I was getting BLZBNTBGS80000011 and can't connect via the client at all now. The us.battle.net page which shows up when you click for help about the error says Blizzard websites are under maintenance, so I guess that's it.

I have opened 4 dupes on WotOG counting one I opened on saturday and I just have 7 legendaries from that expansion, on that same saturday I opened 2 ozruk in my first 3 legendaries opened from JU, I just have the worst luck with dupes, it would help me a lot if they implement something along the lines of gwent

Your luck is worse then mine that sucks man. 4 dupes in a expansion just should not be possible ever.

patchday

was trying to get in quick match on my lunch break. Server goes down while fighting the last boss to get out of the 15s

#forever15

I know I'll get out of the 15s per usual. I am really thankful the rank floors are here. It really allowed me to tryout a lot of crazy decks and grind credit towards golden heroes

cant elaborate atm but swashburglar is amazing even w/o patches. sometimes will get you great loot

gutshot

Vicious Fledgling is such a snowball card. If your opponent can't deal with it immediately, it's like an alternate win condition. Just had it Adapt to a 3/6 the first turn, then got Windfury and Stealth the next turn, then got +3 Attack and Stealth the turn after that. Then I casually lethaled my opponent through a taunt with it. GGWP

Dreavus

I just started playing here and there again, and is C'thun warrior still good? I haphazardly replaced the missing Grand Tournament cards and it seems to still work pretty well. Losing Sylvanus and hero power buff sucks though! Maybe the new Elise would be a good replacement?

I spent almost all my dust making that deck and I don't want to give it up yet, lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

1. Solid value for 1 mana
2. Decent bounce target
3. Good with Patches

So, all of the above, really.

Grief.exe

I just started playing here and there again, and is C'thun warrior still good? I haphazardly replaced the missing Grand Tournament cards and it seems to still work pretty well. Losing Sylvanus and hero power buff sucks though! Maybe the new Elise would be a good replacement?

I spent almost all my dust making that deck and I don't want to give it up yet, lol

Break the meta with a quest warrior c'thun deck.

Schryver

Got to rank 10 with quest Warrior last night. I was trying a more aggro list with two Frothing Berserkers and Grom but not sure how effective they were overall. Will probably try out some other decks now that I'm locked at 10.
I do want to try C'Thun quest warrior a bit but I would need to craft Twin Emperor and probably that mediocre Crazed Worshipper to make it viable

Blizzard

Banned
1. Solid value for 1 mana
2. Decent bounce target
3. Good with Patches

So, all of the above, really.
I guess what I should have asked was also "is it worth using without Patches".

If the game ever works again, my plan will be to drop assassinate + ancient brewmaster, add 2 eviscerates, and swap 2 as-yet-unknown cards for swashburglars. Maybe drop the 3-mana elementals?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Could be playable. I would focus on adding more survivability cards to make up for losing Justicar hero power.

A lot of the new taunts maybe good?

Got to rank 15 last night and started running a token ramp druid with 2x bittertide hydra.

A bit weak against mid range hunter but it crushes quest rogues and cqw. I don't have barnabus though and I don't know if I really need him or not.

DSmalls84

if I'm going to craft 1 Shaman deck right now should it be Murlocs or Elemental? Which of the two is is performing better on standard ladder?

if I'm going to craft 1 Shaman deck right now should it be Murlocs or Elemental? Which of the two is is performing better on standard ladder?

Murlocs seems better imo, their board gets dangerous quick and they can quickly rebuild it. They can also finish getting megafin super quick.

Elemental just seems too slow imo.

Murlocs is a bit weak to quest mage unless your running eater of secrets, even then whenever I play against murloc shaman with quest mage I just let them fill up the board with crap and keep it frozen so they can't even play it if they did tech.

I have lost a few games though against murloc shaman simply because I can't deal with the board.

Blizzard

Banned
Do you not have Patches?

You really should have Patches.
No, I started playing during Gadgetzan and never got it out of lots of boxes. I'm F2P except the welcome pack and dino pack thus far. I'll probably buy the adventure. I do quests pretty much on a daily basis, have something like 5 coins, and 40 dust.

In your opinion is Swashburglar worth using without Patches? I'm open to using non-rogue decks if the answer is truly that rogue requires Patches.

Context: I'm stuck at rank 18-19. I want to get to 15. I don't care if it's not viable at ranks 2-3 right now.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
No, I started playing during Gadgetzan and never got it out of lots of boxes. I'm F2P except the welcome pack and dino pack thus far. I'll probably buy the adventure. I do quests pretty much on a daily basis, have something like 5 coins, and 40 dust.

In your opinion is Swashburglar worth using without Patches? I'm open to using non-rogue decks if the answer is truly that rogue requires Patches.

Context: I'm stuck at rank 18-19. I want to get to 15.

swash is definitely worth it in quest rogue without patches. But he is from the adventure so you would have to buy it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Rogue did run Swashburglar before Patches was a thing. On its own it still has a similar power level to a card like Babbling Book. Patches makes the card OP.

Patches is also useful for Pirate Warrior and there are even a few decks running double Bloodsail Corsair as their weapon removal of choice because Patches is just that powerful.

Fewr

Coincidentally, I just got Patches this past saturday from a pack. I'll be sending over my good luck to you, just give it back.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So Quest Warrior is a pretty safe craft then?

The quest itself seems like it makes for a strong archetype.
I would be careful about crafting a lot of the supporting cast in the deck though. A lot of those could come and go, but the quest itself seems strong. If they keep printing taunts at a pace like Un'goro, it can only get more ammo.

wiibomb

The quest itself seems like it makes for a strong archetype.
I would be careful about crafting a lot of the supporting cast in the deck though. A lot of those could come and go, but the quest itself seems strong. If they keep printing taunts at a pace like Un'goro, it can only get more ammo.

I just crafted the 2 primordial drakes for that deck (the very last legendary I opened was that quest) and so far it has been the true MVP of the deck (and some other deck who run it)

I'm thinking that could be a good craft.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I just crafted the 2 primordial drakes for that deck (the very last legendary I opened was that quest) and so far it has been the true MVP of the deck (and some other deck who run it)

I'm thinking that could be a good craft.

Yeah that one in particular I'm going to have to put myself on Blast for getting wrong in the lead up to this expansion. That card is a terror in the deck. Mostly because you essentially get 3 shots at drawing it with Curator (since it's the only dragon in the deck you get it everytime). And that thing is huge and sets up the enemies that are too big to kill outright to get wrecked by execute or Call in the Finishers. Surprising how good that 3 dmg to damaged things card is too. Though I think you can make the deck just fine without that one.

wiibomb

I'm thinking about making a tempo mage similar to the one trump is running, I love value games and the elemental mage he has (a kind of tempo mage) ha great value.

I'm just wondering how necessary is pyros since I'm not thinking about crafting it.

Mulgrok

it seems that 1/4 opponents are pirate warrior, 1/4 taunt warrior, 1/4 quest rogue, 1/4 everything else. Much healthier meta than before /s

Kibler playing an experimental handbuff paly deck he's trying...... Pretttttyyyy strong......

edit: Eh, nvm it seems a bit gimmicky and not consistent.

cHinzo

Savjz is playing an interesting Warlock deck. I want to try that one out, it seems lots of fun. Bloodbloom into DOOM! looks really crazy lol. Only missing Elise. :(

joelseph

Got my first Fireside tomorrow here in Chicago. Expecting a large turnout of competent players.

So far I have settled on 1 of 4 decks: Dog's Yogg Tempo Mage

For the remaining 3 I am all over the place.

What would you bring?

Raxus

Got my first Fireside tomorrow here in Chicago. Expecting a large turnout of competent players.

What would you bring?

Pirate Warrior, Zoolock, Quest Rogue, 1 wildcard.

Finalow

Savjz is playing an interesting Warlock deck. I want to try that one out, it seems lots of fun. Bloodbloom into DOOM! looks really crazy lol. Only missing Elise. :(
that seemed like a pretty powerful combo considering he's running a lot of healing and Violet Illusionist. Bloodbloom looks like a solid card, very much playable even without that combo.

scarlet

What would you bring?

People will bring pirate, quest warrior, and quest rogue.

So, bring a fast deck?

Top Bottom