• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Pooya

getting one card from Lich King is probably going to suck. The variance in the cards is huge. Some of them are unplayable even for certain decks. Like you can't play anti spell shell if you don't have board. I don't know it's that good in control, if you want to maximize its usefulness, seems like a better midrange card. I can see this working very well in midrange druid or shaman. Paladin probably don't want this, their top end is better. The main reason it is good is that it's a big ass taunt on top of giving you cards.

----
Cardbacks for twitch prime seem lame. They don't even look good. They should put druid/warlock hero there like last year they did with priest.

Nachos

tick tock to mobile users who want to preorder with amazon coins
Pre-order's still purchasable through the desktop version, so it looks like it'll be available to everyone up until the moment the cards unlock, just like usual.

Cardbacks for twitch prime seem incredibly lame. They don't even look good. They should put druid/warlock hero there like last year they did with priest.
But then there are going to be entire regions that won't be able to get them. A lot of regions still haven't gotten the change to get Tyrande, and she was first released almost a year ago.

TankUP

Oooooh I want that Call of the Void cardback. I hope it's as easy as just being a Twitch Prime subscriber. It worries me that there are two, because if I only get one and I get the wrong one, I will be sad.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Are deck trackers going to tell you what card your opponent stole with that death knight card?

If so that is even more unfair than they already are.

sibarraz

Banned
I mean i gave it a 5 i think so i personally think it's insanely good better than boom etc. I think it's the card that will completely push boom out in wild.

I just figured i was probably wrong.

The medivh/free from amber interaction has really gotten insane. It now has a chance for producing two lich kings, hah.

Wasn't boom already pushed out of wild?

Bring It On! - Brrr, it's cold in here. Let's hope she doesn't have an Auctioneer!

Arfus - There must always be a Lick King.

Mindbreaker - He's a mind breaker, dream taker, ghoul trainer, don't you mess around with him

Skulking Geist - It's as though a million Jade Idols cried out, and were suddenly silenced

Lol

Pooya

card backs are for twitch prime.

Call of the Void
Card_Back_Twitch1
A card back unleashed from the realm of infinite darkness. Looks wicked rad under a blacklight.

Call of the Light
Card_Back_Twitch2
A card back called forth from the realm of undying light. Gives hope to all mankind (except your opponent.)

what is this

image.png

So we will get a death knight hero just for playing the single player mission prologue? This means it's best to play the single player mission before opening the packs, right?

Nachos

So we will get a death knight hero just for playing the single player mission prologue? This means it's best to play the single player mission before opening the packs, right?

You get a random one, and which approach is better depends on what kind of card you want to prioritize. If you want the death knights, you have about a 40% chance of getting one in 50 packs if you open the packs first, and about 36% if you do the prologue first.

Basically:
If you want a death knight: open packs first (higher chance of at least two hero cards)
If you want a legendary minion: prologue first

Blizzard

Banned
I took a quick look, though you can't see the full colors yet. Golden snowflipper penguin isn't as cool as I hoped. It moves, but the background isn't flying past.

Golden Rotface doesn't blink the eyes, but they do move around while the mouth drools.

You get a random one, and which approach is better depends on what kind of card you want to prioritize. If you want the death knights, you have about a 40% chance of getting one in 50 packs if you open the packs first, and about 36% if you do the prologue first.

Basically:
If you want a death knight: open packs first (higher chance of at least two hero cards)
If you want a legendary minion: prologue first

But if you open the packs first and get a death knight hero you may get the a duplicate from the prologue mission. I think the rule to no more legendary duplicates is only for packs.

Blizzard

Banned
But if you open the packs first and get a death knight hero you may get the a duplicate from the prologue mission. I think the rule to no more legendary duplicates is only for packs.
I'm pretty sure Blizzard has claimed the prologue legendary won't be a duplicate either.

Nachos

No, it's for all cards. If you get a death knight from the packs, there's zero chance of you getting the same one from your prologue reward.

Blizzard

Banned
So if we use the proper logic, we can conclude the following will all be bad:

• Rogue (Trump said it could be great)
  • Deathrattle rogue (Blizzard pushed it in the stream and/or recipe)
  • Quest priest (Blizzard pushed it in the recipe)
  • Whirlwind warrior (Blizzard pushed it in the stream)

Blizzard

Banned
None of the Paladin decks have the Paladin DK. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's very consistent with my logic because I think most people agree it's an amazing card. :p

Most people on the spreadsheet rated it 4 or 5 and Blizzard isn't pushing it, so yup good card confirmed!

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has claimed the prologue legendary won't be a duplicate either.

No, it's for all cards. If you get a death knight from the packs, there's zero chance of you getting the same one from your prologue reward.

Oh ok, thanks guys. I'm actually surprised about this prologue reward, didn't know they would give us a free legendary.

But I guess we will have to wait a while to unlock Arthas hero though.

Pooya

Recipes are just that, general guidance for the wider audience. I don't think they ever stated these are what Blizzard considers very good decks.

Ketch

Quest priest that sends their opponent to fatigue will 100% be a thing.

TankUP

Deck recipes are just a rough outline, a starting point.

Blizzard doesn't solve the meta for us or gives us optimized lists on day one, and I think that's a good thing.

Is there a place online to see the deck recipes? I'm not at home to pull up my client.

Just like quest rogue was bad, also showcased on stream

Tagyhag

That description of Geist confirms my fears that Blizz made that card JUST to counter Idol.

That doesn't sound like a company who's thinking 2 expansions ahead to me.

Top Bottom