• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Pooya

you mean different that in the warcraft games? because I have found that all voices are the same, they are way off from how they sound in their games

They got a different actor for WoW to do the flashbacks but he still sounded similar. This is nothing like either of them.

Most of the heroes have the same voice actors in HS.

Jrmint

Anyone know if the no-duplicate legendary rule applies to the free legendary hero we get from the prologue?

I'd really like to open packs before playing the mission.

Nachos

They got a different actor for WoW to do the flashbacks but he still sounded similar. This is nothing like either of them.

Most of the heroes have the same voice actors in HS.
Is there anywhere to hear the Arthas skin's lines? I've never played WoW, but his voice actor in Wrath of the Lich King is Garrosh's now. It's possible they just might have wanted to differentiate them more, especially in Garrosh vs Arthas matches.

And they got Seitz back to do the Death Knight Garrosh emotes, so it's not like scheduling conflicts were holding them back.

Ah so two weeks is for the Hero skin then right?

Yeah, just the skin and the pack you get for completing each set of content released each week.

Pooya

You can hear his line in the hero select menu in the game. It doesn't like Seitz. He was fine.

This one is so gruff. Maybe in game emotes are better.

Nachos

You can hear his line in the hero select menu in the game. It doesn't like Seitz. He was fine.

This one is so gruff. Maybe in game emotes are better.
Huh, actually, it still is Seitz. I don't know how he sounds in Wrath, so maybe he's doing something different here, but they didn't do any recasting.

Draft

Anyone know if the no-duplicate legendary rule applies to the free legendary hero we get from the prologue?

I'd really like to open packs before playing the mission.
It does, but I can't find the evidence right now. Someone on Reddit confirmed it with a Blizzard dev or CM a few weeks ago. The rule applies for every way cards/packs can be obtained.

TankUP

It does, but I can't find the evidence right now. Someone on Reddit confirmed it with a Blizzard dev or CM a few weeks ago. The rule applies for every way cards/packs can be obtained.

False. You can get duplicate legendaries as arena rewards and as your random class legendary from the welcome bundle. The duplicate rule only applies to legendaries obtained from packs with the sole exception (so far) of the prologue hero.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That description of Geist confirms my fears that Blizz made that card JUST to counter Idol.

That doesn't sound like a company who's thinking 2 expansions ahead to me.

Blizzard said they leave a spot or two for hate/tech cards in each set so that they can respond to the current meta.

Blizzard

Banned
False. You can get duplicate legendaries as arena rewards and as your random class legendary from the welcome bundle. The duplicate rule only applies to legendaries obtained from packs with the sole exception (so far) of the prologue hero.
Is there a source for this?

Draft

I'd read only that the Frozen Throne reward wouldn't duplicate so assumed it would apply to other methods. Equal parts crazy and expected that it does not.

Cat Party

The starter pack legendary follows the non dupe rule.

Parshias7

Make sure to watch Kripp for a decklist.

It turns out Archbishop Benedictus is preeeetty goood against Rank 20 opponents with only basic cards in their decks.

More seriously it totally wouldn't. The issue with playing stuff like Thoughtsteal or that 4/3 minion in Priest at the super low ranks is that your opponent's deck sucks and you don't want their dumb cards!

Cockmagic

Neo Member
Hit rank 5 with elemental priest. Fun deck.

### Custom Priest2
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Crystalline Oracle
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Potion of Madness
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Divine Spirit
# 1x (2) Mana Geode
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Lightspawn
# 1x (5) Elise the Trailblazer
# 1x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Lyra the Sunshard
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (7) Blazecaller
#
AAECAa0GCMkG1wq9uwLqvwLVwQLIxwLPxwK+yAIL+ALlBPYG0QryDLW7AvC7AtHBAtjBAsLDAsrDAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

TankUP

The starter pack legendary follows the non dupe rule.

It doesn't. Many reports on reddit that people have gotten dupes from the starter pack.

In addition, this is from the announcement "every time you open a Legendary in a card pack, it will be a Legendary card from the same set that you don't already own." (emphasis mine.)

Is there a source for this?

Many reports on reddit of getting dupes as single-card arena rewards or in the welcome bundle, and the text in the announcement reads "every time you open a Legendary in a card pack, it will be a Legendary card from the same set that you don't already own." (emphasis mine.)

I'd read only that the Frozen Throne reward wouldn't duplicate so assumed it would apply to other methods. Equal parts crazy and expected that it does not.

Yeah, it sucks, but I don't play arena and I already bought the welcome pack so I'm not affected.

Relevant thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/6r2vvd/psa_guaranteed_class_legendary_from_welcome/

Fewr

there are ways to go around that.

I used a way around that to get amazon prime even if I wasn't on one of the countries it launched with. That's how I have my tyrande (and probably this promotion)
Ah, perfect, thx. I'll pm you when the time comes.

Cat Party

It doesn't. Many reports on reddit that people have gotten dupes from the starter pack.

In addition, this is from the announcement "every time you open a Legendary in a card pack, it will be a Legendary card from the same set that you don’t already own." (emphasis mine.)

Many reports on reddit of getting dupes as single-card arena rewards or in the welcome bundle, and the text in the announcement reads "every time you open a Legendary in a card pack, it will be a Legendary card from the same set that you don’t already own." (emphasis mine.)

Yeah, it sucks, but I don't play arena and I already bought the welcome pack so I'm not affected.

Relevant thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/6r2vvd/psa_guaranteed_class_legendary_from_welcome/

It's glitched, then. It's always supposed to have been a new legendary in the starter pack.

wiibomb

Couple days ago I return to the game after 6 months break and got 4000 dust when I log in any reason why lol

there was a bug with the past patch, they kind of reset the pity timers of people, so people who should have opened their legendaries by their 40 packs, hit those legendaries by 43 or even more, then blizzard made that compensation for those who opened packs in that time of the bug.

4000 is weird though, because they gave 2000 as compensation.

EDIT: nevermind, didn't read the 6 month break, yeah that is the compensation from the Hall of Fame

Alrus

Couple days ago I return to the game after 6 months break and got 4000 dust when I log in any reason why lol

Hall of fame stuff ? Rag and Sylvanas (and a few other cards) are Wild only now and they gave you their value in dust when they rotated out. I'm not sure how long ago that was though.

Nachos

Man, I'm 7 wins from getting my first golden hero (rogue), and have just enough dust to craft the golden hero card, but I'm still missing so many core legendaries. I just know I'm gonna feel the temptation come Thursday.

Grief.exe

Hit rank 5 with elemental priest. Fun deck.

### Custom Priest2
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Crystalline Oracle
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Potion of Madness
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Divine Spirit
# 1x (2) Mana Geode
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Lightspawn
# 1x (5) Elise the Trailblazer
# 1x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Lyra the Sunshard
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (7) Blazecaller
#
AAECAa0GCMkG1wq9uwLqvwLVwQLIxwLPxwK+yAIL+ALlBPYG0QryDLW7AvC7AtHBAtjBAsLDAsrDAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Playing an Inner Fire deck like that, do you save your combo pieces for big damage, or do you play divine spirit for tempo?

The only card I'm missing from that deck is Mana Geode, which is probably one of the more powerful cards in that deck early.

Cockmagic

Neo Member
Playing an Inner Fire deck like that, do you save your combo pieces for big damage, or do you play divine spirit for tempo?

Depends on the situation. Many times you'll play it for tempo because of the matchup. Other times you can hold back a turn or two to surprise the opponent. It's a pretty versatile deck and very fun to play. I also find that this deck is meant for Elise because most of the time you'll be able play the ungoro pack without any problems, as opposed to more control-oriented decks which have big hands most of the time.

Mana geode is good but mostly because it garners attention and it's one of the few early game pieces in the deck (plus it's an elemental). Rarely does the healing effect even matter because it's too slow. You could probably find a decent substitute without much drop off.

P.S. Lightspawns might be the secret MVP of the deck.

Owzers

This might be the expansion that gets me to dust a lot of cards so I can finally have more classic legendaries and deck options. Goodbye The Beast!

zoukka

After all these years got my first golden hero, warrior. Haven't played warrior a lot recently, but it was my favourite class back when classic CW was viable, with Cairne, Rag, Sylv and Grom. It took me forever to complete the deck f2p... i remember how good it felt to finally craft shield slams!

ZealousD

This might be the expansion that gets me to dust a lot of cards so I can finally have more classic legendaries and deck options. Goodbye The Beast!

Anytime you dust a bad legendary, you give yourself the chance to get that legendary back again in a pack.

Best strategy long term is to hold onto all your crappy legendaries until you get all the good ones you want.

Fewr

After all these years got my first golden hero, warrior. Haven't played warrior a lot recently, but it was my favourite class back when classic CW was viable, with Cairne, Rag, Sylv and Grom. It took me forever to complete the deck f2p... i remember how good it felt to finally craft shield slams!
Congrats!!

Owzers

Anytime you dust a bad legendary, you give yourself the chance to get that legendary back again in a pack.

Best strategy long term is to hold onto all your crappy legendaries until you get all the good ones you want.
Seems cruel. I don't really open up a lot of packs inbetween expansions though, only weekly brawl rewards and the very occasional arena, but I'll keep that in mind.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Note that this is the NEW best strategy. Before these legendary changes having a card had no effect on getting another copy of it, so dusting a bad card was perfectly fine. Now though, if you're trying to get a specific legendary card, if you dust bad ones you are lowering your chance at it.

Kind of makes the changes a double edged sword. In order to craft the ones you want, you'd probably be dusting other trash tier ones but that makes it more likely you get the trash ones again. Unless of course, you're buying tons of packs.

I'll be dusting my bad legendary cards. I'd rather get the pay off of dust now than the chance later. Has served me well throughout my time as a f2p hearthstone player. This isn't your life savings on the line! :)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Or until you're done opening packs of that type.

ZealousD

Kind of makes the changes a double edged sword. In order to craft the ones you want, you'd probably be dusting other trash tier ones but that makes it more likely you get the trash ones again. Unless of course, you're buying tons of packs.

The changes are strictly beneficial so it really isn't double edged. But if you want to min-max long term you may get some delayed gratification. At the very least you can hold onto some crappy legendaries until you have the effective amount of dust you need, then dust them. Then you still benefit from the changes and get good legendaries piecemeal short term.

Top Bottom