• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

fertygo

I'm not sure Arthas is auto include for pally tho, I know its sound crazy but there's multiple mix option that worth to explore, pally is ridiculously stacked at high end
I think some people read it as "summon minions killed by this weapon", like a per attack special effect.

yup

your opponent doesn't want to ooze frostmourne, it's not that bad. It's only good for heavy control decks though. You will be tanking 3 minions with that, you have to live for 3 turns.

I think heal paladin can be obnoxious with all of these tools.
Yeah this is exactly what I was about to say. If you make that first kill really count, then they have to think about breaking that weapon or not. If they don't, then I just smash them in the face or get more kills with it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Oh interesting yeah I had read the text on Frostmorne wrong. As a deathrattle it is worse, but not a LOT worse. The opponent will be afraid to ooze it most likely for fear of you getting free value off of the deathrattle. So they will have to eat the damage from the weapon OR wait until you override it yourself with another weapon down the line. Either way seems fine. Not nearly as busted as I thought it was though.

Tacitus_

Eloise tells me that everything she's learned about American culture has come from Twitch chat, like that time when, on June 4th, the U.S. armed forces beat back the alien horde and blew up their mothership thanks to Will Smith's tactful leadership.

She's being extremely cordial, but the mistake is obvious. "You're thinking of Independence Day, the movie, it takes place on July 4th, not June 4th." She stares back with those big painted eyes and laughs her familiar inscrutable laugh. I have no idea if I've actually been lost in translation or if I'm being trolled.
http://www.pcgamer.com/meet-eloise-the-troll-queen-of-hearthstone/

Eloise is the best, lol

"Eloise met up with me one time in Shanghai while I was traveling to China for an event. I mentioned my hair was too long but my hair stylist back in America wouldn't be back from vacation for a few weeks. She offered to take me to her salon and her favorite stylist which I obliged. The entire salon is run by males with ...interesting fashion choices. I didn't think about it too much until the stylist kept complimenting me on my physique and rubbing me semi-inappropriately as he was shampooing my hair. It was then that I realized Eloise had taken me to a gay salon."

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Ah ok. That would be, like, super busted though.

Right! Which is why I rated Arthas a 5/5. If you get Frostmorne you pretty much won the game. He is Ysera, but WAY WAY better, I wanted to put him at 6/5 or something. Now seeing the reality, I still think he's good but maybe not that insane. 4.5/5 if we did half steps.

wiibomb

Maybe the wrong one went up?

Anyway, expansion week brawls should be with new cards. Why aren't they doing this?!

because Team 5 likes to prevent any catastrophe of a late patch by releasing an old tavern brawl on the week of launch of the expansion.

As a developer I understand why they do this. It would be pretty bad releasing a tavern brawl with new cards and, by any reason, having problems releasing the new patch.

dumbo

Oh interesting yeah I had read the text on Frostmorne wrong. As a deathrattle it is worse, but not a LOT worse. The opponent will be afraid to ooze it most likely for fear of you getting free value off of the deathrattle.

Not quite sure what you mean - but you should certainly ooze it asap. Weapon deathrattles occur when a weapon "ends" and there is basically no way to prevent it.

If the player plays a new weapon, you ooze it or it hits 3 times... the deathrattle still triggers. (AFAIK doomerang doesn't trigger the deathrattle, but you can't really force your opponent to play that).

JesseZao

because Team 5 likes to prevent any catastrophe of a late patch by releasing an old tavern brawl on the week of launch of the expansion.

As a developer I understand why they do this. It would be pretty bad releasing a tavern brawl with new cards and, by any reason, having problems releasing the new patch.

They have a QA team for a reason. At the very least, just have the brawl use random cards from the new expansion. It doesn't have to be a new brawl ruleset. If something from the new cards would break the game, then it happens before release day.

As a developer, I'd prefer that.

wiibomb

They have a QA team for a reason. At the very least, just have the brawl use random cards from the new expansion. It doesn't have to be a new brawl ruleset. If something from the new cards would break the game, then it happens before release day.

As a developer, I'd prefer that.

a QA team means nothing when it comes to upload a patch. last expansion the team had a delay on the uploading of the patch on amazon appstore clients (I'm one of those users) and that is amazon's side and we didn't had the client ready to play the expansion, if they release a brawl with new cards and that patch is not uploaded on time, entering a tavern brawl from a non-updated client means that it will break.

now, of course there is the option of just not opening the TB to the non updated clients, but that means several other problems with an audience that could potentially be casual.

In this case I understand blizzard approach of "better safe than sorry"

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im probably late but here's Kibler's Card Review Part 2 - Paladin, Priest and Rogue LINK

I was looking through all my cards, and noticed I have still never opened a The Black Knight .I feel I finally need to bite the bullet and craft that soon, as everyone will be playing The Lich King for the next few weeks at least.

This reminds me, I have a golden The Black Knight, so it'll feel even better when using him to axe out Arthas.

Kind of a weird lore break though, considering The Black Knight is a minion of the Lich King...

wiibomb

Im probably late but here's Kibler's Card Review Part 2 - Paladin, Priest and Rogue LINK

oh thanks... didn't saw it

Amazon's app store is a real annoyance on patch days for sure.

They are getting better... I think.

Yesterday the patch was up for everyone some hours after the play store patch was available, same with last patch on july.

They are either getting better or Team 5 just sends the patch to amazon before the others.

TankUP

Dusted Black Knight a while back hopefully he won't end up a relevant tech card.

It won't. Meta won't ever be slow enough. In rare match-ups it can be game-winning, but even if it removes a taunt, you've still spent your whole turn playing a 4/5--and they can just refill the board.

EDIT:

Who was looking for a top ten list? Here's a bunch of top ten lists from Complexity gamers (Noxious, Crane, Asmodai, Casey, etc.). Some interesting choices.

http://www.complexitygaming.com/art...hts-of-the-frozen-throne-expansion-roundtable

Yeah, I doubt it'll be relevant but I think it's a cool card to have. If anything, silence effects or even Tinkmaster Overspark will end up being more relevant. Hard removal is one thing but removing some of these deathrattle effects night be more important.

Of course, Overspark isn't good against a deck with a lot of stuff on the other side, so I wouldn't bet on him either.

Seibmoz

I have some unused iTunes cards. I can use them the buy cards packs correct?? Just wanted to make sure before I did it. Thanks in Advance!

wiibomb

anyone wants to do a friend tavern brawl to get the pack? I want to do it now.

I have some unused iTunes cards. I can use them the buy cards packs correct?? Just wanted to make sure before I did it. Thanks in Advance!

yes you can, just check the amount of packs you can buy on the store

TankUP

No too many must-have epics in this set so I think I'll save my one preorder a year for the December release.

Yeah, I was surprised when I was paging through the epics and saw so few I felt were must-crafts. Maybe it'll change once the set is out and people start figuring out how to use all these new cards.

Someone on reddit was moaning about how expensive the set was because of all the epics, and I couldn't figure out what he meant, but turns out he wants to craft obviously crap cards like the Warlock river croc so I couldn't help him.

So, the pre-order is just for a bunch of card packs. But the single player content is unlocked automatically, right? I'm still a beginner at the game and haven't started making my own decks. I don't need to pre-order anything then, right?

manhack

How does the 5 mana 2/2 summon an 8/8 work with Potion of Madness? Does the priest get the 8/8 or does the minion just die?

It just dies :D

So, the pre-order is just for a bunch of card packs. But the single player content is unlocked automatically, right? I'm still a beginner at the game and haven't started making my own decks. I don't need to pre-order anything then, right?

No need to pre-order anything if you don't want to. The single player content is free.

gutshot

How does the 5 mana 2/2 summon an 8/8 work with Potion of Madness? Does the priest get the 8/8 or does the minion just die?

Pretty sure the minion would just die and no 8/8 would be summoned.

Correct. Single player content is free. Pre-order is just for 50 packs. If you are planning on spending any money on the game, the pre-order is worth considering though, since it's the best dollar-per-pack deal you can get (outside of the Welcome bundle).

wiibomb

no, you don't tomorrow the prologue (complete it for a death knight card) and the first wind (complete it for a free pack) will be available for everyone.

also, on the data mining they discovered that tomorrow we will likely get 3 KFT free packs

As others have said, it just dies. There are a variety of Deathrattles now this expansion that are pretty strong, but only work on your opponent's turn. The idea being that you can drop a high attack, low health minion, but your opponent doesn't want to kill it because of the strong Deathrattle. It's also great against board clears because you can have a weak 2/2 and others on the board. They all get removed by a board clear but now you have an 8/8.

TankUP

There’s a chill in the Tavern as we prepare for the launch of Knights of the Frozen Throne! We’re excited to get Hearthstone’s latest expansion in your hands as quickly and as smoothly as possible. The expansion will roll out on a region-by-region basis, beginning with the Americas. After we ensure that everything is running smoothly, we will then roll out the expansion to Asia, followed by the Europe region. We estimate that Knights of the Frozen Throne will be available for play by the following times:

Americas Region: August 10 12:00 PM PDT
Asia Region: August 11 07:00 AM KST
Europe Region: August 11 05:00 AM CEST

The new Icecrown Citadel mission content will also be available with the release of Knights of the Frozen Throne, in the form of three parts. One part will release each week, at the estimated release times indicated below:

Rise of the Knights of the Frozen Throne: Prologue & Lower Citadel
Americas Region: August 10 12:00 PM PDT
Asia Region: August 11 07:00 AM KST
Europe Region: August 11 05:00 AM CEST

Battle For Icecrown Citadel: Upper Reaches
Americas Region: August 17 10:00 AM PDT
Asia Region: August 18 05:00 AM KST
Europe Region: August 18 12:01 AM CEST

Showdown with the Lich King: The Frozen Throne
Americas Region: August 24 10:00 AM PDT
Asia Region: August 25 05:00 AM KST
Europe Region: August 25 12:01 AM CEST

Rest of world, I will now accept your thanks on behalf of the Americas Region for beta-testing the launch.

Beckx

no, you don't tomorrow the prologue (complete it for a death knight card) and the first wind (complete it for a free pack) will be available for everyone.

also, on the data mining they discovered that tomorrow we will likely get 3 KFT free packs

don't you get 3 for every wing completed?

Szadek

In yugioh and magic you would get the 8/8, since the card would go to the owners graveyard, but HS has no graveyard mechanics like that.

Top Bottom