• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

f0lken

Should I craft the golden Anduin DK and Lich King before I open packs?
Am I still guaranteed a DK from the missions?

If you want them golden yes, the odds of you getting the legs you want, let alone golden legs are really small. This way you won't open them regluar and won't get them as dupes neither

The whole crafting goldens before opening packs is a bit scary for sure.

I'm thinking I will craft Thrall and Lich King but that will probably be it. Archbishop would be tempting too just for copying a deck and making it golden.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Going to hold off on crafting things for a bit. Not really sure exactly what I want yet, I only have dust for 2 legendaries anyways so it needs to count when I use it.

Ideally I don't dust anything this expansion. I dusted Finja from MSoG and Pyros from Ungoro and ended up regretting it later. The pack changes are going to help me hold on to cards even if I don't want them at the time.

f0lken

Yeah but sometimes you just can't fight the urge ��. I have only two missions in this game: having fun, and have all golden shaman cards, which makes it painful that I feel underwhelmed by Moorabi and Thrall (At least both are the type to give you golden cards) And this time they added Arthas which is together with Thrall like the main reason I started playing Hearthstone to begin with

gutshot

I'm not going to craft anything ahead of opening packs. I'll just see what I open and go from there. I have almost 20k dust so should be able to craft any Legendaries and Epics I don't unpack.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Who else is a little disappointed in the Death Knights? They have cool effects, but many of them feel like cards that you just slot into decks that we already have.

Pally has always been my favorite class so his looking so powerful makes me excited but you're not wrong.

My favorite DKs design wise are the wackier ones like Rogue and Hunter.

Most overrated: TLK - if it ends up being really good then just about everything else will be really good too. It is still ok but I think it'll vanish within a week.

Most underrated: Shaman dk. People seem to forget the hero power. It makes evolve more consistent because you can "roll again" on a bad one. You can also use the full heal on something if needed.

The only question is if the somewhat clunky priest and warrior decks work well enough to run it out of cards.

fertygo

I don't think card from TLK is that good.. but still its just solid, if you want big dude this is the one that you run

I don't think this is dr. boom but people that saying its won't get played after 2 week is crazy too

This is gonna get about same of amount of Elise Starblazer, a little bit more.. this is better than Elise

can even fit into midrange deck, you don't play Elise in any midrange deck

Dahbomb

So the new Poison change makes it worth with weapons effects too, like Death's Bite...

Except that it doesn't work with Blade Flurry for reasons.

So the new Poison change makes it worth with weapons effects too, like Death's Bite...

Except that it doesn't work with Blade Flurry for reasons.

There is no poison change. Doomerang and blade flurry have different wording, just like betrayal.

In short, doomerang says the weapon is dealing damage, just like betrayal says the minion is dealing the damage.

On the other hand, blade flurry does not say the weapon is doing the damage, indicating that the spell is and thus spell damage applies.

So the reason is the design choice, evident in the wording they chose.

Dahbomb

There is no poison change. Doomerang and blade flurry have different wording, just like betrayal.

In short, doomerang says the weapon is dealing damage, just like betrayal says the minion is dealing the damage.

On the other hand, blade flurry does not say the weapon is doing the damage, indicating that the spell is and thus spell damage applies.

So the reason is the design choice, evident in the wording they chose.
They changed the way poison works with minions and weapons now. If you use the AOE with Death's Bite while buffing it with Envenom it will clear the board completely.

Finalow

I swear to sweet fucking Christ my classic packs are rigged. I keep getting only Gorehowls and Kidnappers as epics, I think I dusted 7 of each so far, and I still never got at least half of the epic cards the classic set has, I had to craft most of them. fuck you
can't wait for tomorrow to open a nice heap of garbage cards + 2 princes as legendaries.

/rant

I swear to sweet fucking Christ my classic packs are rigged. I keep getting only Gorehowls and Kidnappers as epics, I think I dusted 7 of each so far, and I still never got at least half of the epic cards the classic set has, I had to craft most of them. fuck you
can't wait for tomorrow to open a nice heap of garbage cards + 2 princes as legendaries.

/rant
I think you misunderstand how it works. I've been playing for about a year and a half now, and I have NEVER gotten a Preparation, but I have opened 5 Gruuls. So I dusted my Gruuls and crafted Preparations.

Then I opened Preparation for my first time a week later.

That's how it works.

rahji

/rant

About gorehowls I noticed that on my packs too. just unpacked another gorehowl in the pack from the new brawl yesterday and dusted it right after. But never i my time playing Hearthstone i have opened a shield slam or a brawl. Maybe it is a sign?

KuroNeeko

/rant

You should definitely disenchant every single Gorehowl you get.
Trust me.

Xanathus

Been looking at Paladin theory crafted decks and I can safely say that the whole Paladin class is going to be Karazhan Shaman level obnoxious simply because there are at least 4 tier 1 archetypes for it now and there isn't a real counter for it. Can't even use Freeze Mage because I'm sure that aggro and control versions are favored for it.

Been looking at Paladin theory crafted decks and I can safely say that the whole Paladin class is going to be Karazhan Shaman level obnoxious simply because there are at least 4 tier 1 archetypes for it now and there isn't a real counter for it. Can't even use Freeze Mage because I'm sure that aggro and control versions are favored for it.

We are going to need more crabs

Ketch

The last two expansions have been around 6PM GMT (for the US launch) and 1AM GMT for the Euro launch So I would guess...

US...
t1502384400z0.png

Euro...
t1502409600z0.png

Just quoting this for convenience

Dahbomb

It's still probably not going to touch peak Secret Paladin where you played minions on curve and won automatically.

Pooya

you can always build a priest deck that dumpsters paladin.

That new 6 cost spell is fairly strong against paladin, it's hard to trade off the Tirion or steed target so as long as you think you're safe from some damage, you can use your hp as a resource and steal a high value taunt minion.

That's the main problem of priest before, they have a lot of hp but can't really do anything with it. It's just that it's even worse against very aggressive deck than entomb was, it's hard to say how playable it is in general but it is sure as hell good against paladin. Maybe you can play one copy, it's hard to evaluate the card, entirely meta dependent.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
you can always build a priest deck that dumpsters paladin.

That new 6 cost spell is fairly strong against paladin, it's hard to trade off the Tirion or steed target so as long as you think you're safe from some damage, you can use your hp as a resource and steal a high value taunt minion.

That's the main problem of priest before, they have a lot of hp but can't really do anything with it. It's just that it's even worse against very aggressive deck than entomb was, it's hard to say how playable it is in general but it sure as hell good against paladin.

Better than entomb against stuff like big spikeridged minions though.

Blizzard

Banned
What secrets are on the new ice background?

You can turn the bottom left portal green.
You can get the frozen dragon in the top left to breathe.
You can get snow to fall in the top left.
You can temporarily open the door halfway in the top right by holding down the chain.
You can break an ice thing in the top right.
You can thaw the thing on the bottom right into a Hearthstone symbol or some other shape I forgot.
You can click the tools in the bottom right but I couldn't get anything to happen.

Xanathus

It's still probably not going to touch peak Secret Paladin where you played minions on curve and won automatically.

Secret Paladin was countered by Patron Warrior, Freeze Mage and Face Hunter. With the cards available, Paladins can counter face decks. Priest is the only class I can think off that can tech to beat Paladins but it would then be weak to a lot of other decks.

Really wish I could preorder this for less than $50 because I'm not a serious player, but that card back is pretty dope.

Yeah £50 is fucking mental. Id love them to sell all the adventures cheap and have them run offline as well, just for something to play on a commute/shit singal time

Top Bottom