• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

I'm ready to open my 3 packs + 40 from gold. Then I'll give it a week before crafting anything at which point I'll unleash my army of 28,000 dust to fill in a fun couple of decks and some upgrades to my Wild priest/shaman decks.

pixelish

as someone who lives in south east asia and plays in americas server, i have a strong urge to stay up on a work day to open packs on launch hour for the first time. but what i would like to know is does blizzard release the expansion as per schedule? i don't want to stay up until 2am and continue to wait for another couple of hours due to glitch in the system.

KuroNeeko

as someone who lives in south east asia and plays in americas server, i have a strong urge to stay up on a work day to open packs on launch hour for the first time. but what i would like to know is does blizzard release the expansion as per schedule? i don't want to stay up until 2am and continue to wait for another couple of hours due to glitch in the system.

Same (JP) though we have a national holiday tomorrow. Could go to bed early and wake up early? Might be easier on your schedule? They've been decent about releasing on time, but servers are usually really laggy during the first few hours.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

If hasn't been delayed per se the last few expansions but there can be server issues making it hard to open packs and buy packs.

manhack

Most important exam of my life in 4 days
Hearthstone expansion release today

Body says "fuck you" and gives me the worst flu I've had in years... feel like dying, stuff coming from both ends at the same time.

Kill me.

Hope you get well soon and good luck on your exam. Hearthstone will be here when you ace your exam and by then the meta will just be shaping!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
At work. Must open packs. Must get Death Knight!

giphy.gif

Hybris

At work. Must open packs. Must get Death Knight!

giphy.gif

Yep that's me right now. those 200 packs sitting at home waiting to be opened... Free adventure mode... Free DK... I love you team 5. Never preordered an expansion but they deserve my money this time around.

Blizzard

Banned
Yep that's me right now. those 200 packs sitting at home waiting to be opened... Free adventure mode... Free DK... I love you team 5. Never preordered and expansion but they deserve my money this time around.
Just remember the adventure mode and DK were financed by your $50 purchase. :p

Also remember your legendaries will be 90% princes just to make you sad.

TankUP

Should probably do the quest first to get your free DK Legendary, then open packs 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Most people are saying the opposite. If you already have a dk, that reduces your chances of opening a DK in your packs slightly. If heroes are your priority you're better off doing prologue last.

Xanathus

Just realized something that should have been obvious today. While I was looking at Wild Reno Demonlock lists with the Warlock DK I was wondering why there wasn't any Implosion because it has so much synergy with Malganis and is good removal, and then remembered that the DK battlecry would also bring those 1/1 imps back.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Most people are saying the opposite. If you already have a dk, that reduces your chances of opening a DK in your packs slightly. If heroes are your priority you're better off doing prologue last.

If you want to maximize chances for Death Knights, open packs first.

If you want to maximize chances for Princes, do Prologue first.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

If you want to maximize your chances of getting bonus dust because they fucked up and allowed duplicates from the adventure reward open packs first.

Hybris

Just remember the adventure mode and DK were financed by your $50 purchase. :p

Also remember your legendaries will be 90% princes just to make you sad.

If I am unlucky enough to unpack a prince I hope it's the 4 drop one. I can see it being decent in miracle rogue and I play a lot of that!

I'm doing packs first cause I'll use some of the new cards in the missions.

I'm actually OK with getting the 2 or 4 mana princes now.

Even the 3 mana prince might see play. I actually think it has a high potential becuase it's not a minion you play on curve like the other 2. This means you can include some 3 cost cards and draw them before going off with some combo.

Grief.exe

I went to bed last night saying, "No princes no princes no princes..."

wiibomb

well, I'll be opening my packs until next saturday (I'll have to take all day to open them), but before hand I wish all of you good luck in your packs and may the RNG not punish any of you with princes

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly I won't be opening any of my packs until after I get home from work so good luck to all the early openers!

I've got like 83 packs with gold AND the preorder and free packs so I have a lot of (hopefully not Princes) packs in my future!

scarlet

well, I'll be opening my packs until next saturday (I'll have to take all day to open them), but before hand I wish all of you good luck in your packs and may the RNG not punish any of you with princes

Opening 140+ packs is quick :p

Sadly I won't be opening any of my packs until after I get home from work so good luck to all the early openers!

I've got like 83 packs with gold AND the preorder and free packs so I have a lot of (hopefully not Princes) packs in my future!

GAF when opening KFT packs.
ghYlwfC.gif

wiibomb

Opening 140+ packs is quick :p

I've been holding packs from the ungoro promo, also from all the tavern brawls since may, all packs from special promotions like choose a champion and also all my leftover packs from the 10 packs glitch some weeks ago.

I also like to take my sweet time opening packs, to also record the openings.

sh1fty

I have about 60 packs and 1100 dust ready to go today.

My wishlist is Mage DK, Rogue DK, Paladin DK, Priest DK and maybe Warlock DK... with Lich King (only because it seems like everyone will be playing him) and Sindragosa the only legendaries I'm interested in.

Worst case scenario, hopefully I get enough dust to craft Mage DK and Sindragosa since Mage is my favourite class.

it's a 2 damage aoe, few control decks are particularly affected by that. Rexxar costs 6 not 5. It's not like Hunter is the only class that got a DK and while Rexxar let's you grind other DKs let control decks smorc. Any turn later than 6 let control decks follow up with much bigger stuff that might well be able to smorc the hunter which is why a beast will have to be defensive.

I agree that rexxar is a good card but it's really designed to counter control imo.

Yeah, 2 damage aoe in a class that doesn't really have access to AOE on demand (explosive trap woo). I think the battlecry is more for when you're ahead or when against aggro. You have some sticky minions so you shouldn't really ever be playing this with an empty board.

But yes, that is what I am saying, it's designed to beat control. I think the AOE sometimes will surprise people in it's use. Like sometimes fan of knives is a very good tool against control lock and control priest in the past because they try to control the board with minions. Fan of knives is not typically good against control, but that 1 damage aoe can sometimes make a huge impact, so I think a 2 damage aoe can find a place even if it's only slowing the game down some to get value out of their hero power.

The DK is probably the last card you play, so it won't be on turn 5 with coin or turn 6 normally. It'll be on a turn after you play highmane or dump your hand of small stuff, or on a turn when that aoe is high impact in combination with your board. No one expects 2 damage AOE from hand.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I predict Kripp and Reynad buying like 500 packs and then complaining that it takes too much to open them.
You know... like every single other expansion so far.

BashNasty

While the 3 and 4 mana princes seem pretty terrible, I'm not sure why everyone is hating on the 2 mana one. My guess is that card turns out to be very, very strong.

I predict Kripp and Reynad buying like 500 packs and then complaining that it takes too much to open them.

Which is hilarious because Kripp opens his packs SO GODDAMN SLOW and then complains about it. At least Reynad powers through it.

> Mouseover all the cards..... oh nice, a rare and an epic, make sure to open the commons first, wait a sec, open the rare, open the epic. Next pack.

fertygo

Only gonna open 20 pack feelsbadman

I open about same amount in Ungoro release and turned out fine tho

and that set is more expensive I think

Blizzard

Banned
Savor these moments, everyone. Soon we will all be back to complaining about the meta, how aggro is too strong, how those 2 losses mean that one deck is totally overpowered, how the game is too fast, how the game is too slow, how the game is too boring, how the game is too random, and/or whatever else.

But for now, an impending release of new cards feels pretty doggone good.

Also savor it because remember that time when Blizzard announced the new expansion and maybe a couple of cards and then absolutely nothing else for like AN ENTIRE MONTH? Good times, good times.

manhack

Which is hilarious because Kripp opens his packs SO GODDAMN SLOW and then complains about it. At least Reynad powers through it.

> Mouseover all the cards..... oh nice, a rare and an epic, make sure to open the commons first, wait a sec, open the rare, open the epic. Next pack.

Yeah the pack opening stuff is boring as hell and yet that is when they get the most views for the entire expansion.

I think all reynad wants is a way to open packs without clicking. Like hit space bar over and over or something. It's a pretty reasonable request imo.

Otnopolit

I'm so antsy. I have 53 packs, 1600 gold and 12,000 or so dust. I think I may spend some gold on arena since I enjoy it a lot more than constructed.

bunbun777

"It's like our sergeant told us before one trip into the tundra. Men! 50 of you are going to open packs, 25 of you are getting a Prince."

Top Bottom