• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

i remember when TGT launched, the expansion switched over midgame, if you started one before the exp came out mid game shredder was shitting out TGT minions

I'm doing packs first cause I'll use some of the new cards in the missions.

Even the 3 mana prince might see play. I actually think it has a high potential becuase it's not a minion you play on curve like the other 2. This means you can include some 3 cost cards and draw them before going off with some combo.
I think the 3 mana prince should have only copies card text. Then the three at least have some level of synergy.

There should have been a fourth that said if you played the other 3, the fourth gets extra stats, the text copied from the second one, and the text from the third. So you get something strong, versatile, and strategic, but likely not game breaking.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think the 3 mana prince should have only copies card text. Then the three at least have some level of synergy.

There should have been a fourth that said if you played the other 3, the fourth gets extra stats, the text copied from the second one, and the text from the third. So you get something strong, versatile, and strategic, but likely not game breaking.

That would make the Prince even worse.

ricelord

Most people are saying the opposite. If you already have a dk, that reduces your chances of opening a DK in your packs slightly. If heroes are your priority you're better off doing prologue last.
How would work anyway? Would everyone get the same dk or is it random.

mjc

Are we for sure certain that if we do the prologue first to get a DK, our chances in pack opening *don't* ensure we get another legendary within 10 openings?

Pooya

honestly I think princes are decent to open now. I'd rather avoid some of the class legs instead like shaman one, that's going to be terrible for sure.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Are we for sure certain that if we do the prologue first to get a DK, our chances in pack opening *don't* ensure we get another legendary within 10 openings?

No that's not the point.

You will still get a legendary in your first ten packs.

The point is that you want zero DKs when you start opening packs so that you have a higher chance of opening DKs. Then after opening packs you can then get your guaranteed DK.

Beckx

So if you craft the Lich King first you increase your chances of getting Death Knights right?

I am drowning my sorrows in a haircut while waiting for the launch.

zoukka

So if you craft the Lich King first you increase your chances of getting Death Knights right?

I am drowning my sorrows in a haircut while waiting for the launch.

Then again when you craft a good legendary you increase your odds of opening bad ones.

Best not to overthink this.

Crosseyes

Banned
Oh boy reddit... why do you do these things.

On the day of expansion I did not want to see a giant thread describing why Eloise doesn't deserve to be respected as a woman after her opt-ed on why she doesn't always feel respected as a woman.

Otnopolit

On the day of expansion I did not want to see a giant thread describing why Eloise doesn't deserve to be respected as a woman after her opt-ed on why she doesn't always feel respected as a woman.

What's your take on it now that the subject had been broached? She is not the only streamer by a loooooong shot to use/embrace sexuality in her streams. I don't really take issue with that, it's her body and personal life and frankly it's her decision to present herself the way she wants to be presented.

I do, however, think that cheating at a tournament is shady, but that doesn't mean she should get her "respect as a woman" taken away from it. Maybe just respect as a Hearthstone player? But if the cheating story is true, it seems almost all of the pros have since forgiven her or not cared.

wiibomb

Saw this old TGT pack opening video on Reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNgDw4K-HVg

Thought it was hilarious.

oh yeah I saw that one, makes me wonder why they took so much time to make that chance on the dupe legendaries, it was depressing opening a second ozruk as my 3rd legendary in ungoro.

How is this possible? I think this is fake.

it isn't, and if you look closely, he opened about 300 packs, which made that possible back in TGT days

Otnopolit

That one at least looks like you can do something with it, unlike Lilian Voss.

I think Lilian Voss has value, if you have a dead hand against a board you can't clear, you're going to want to roll the dice and try to get some spells to swing the momentum back in your direction. She's also well stated so she's not dead space if she doesn't get good RNG results.

sibarraz

Banned
What's your take on it now that the subject had been broached? She is not the only streamer by a loooooong shot to use/embrace sexuality in her streams. I don't really take issue with that, it's her body and personal life and frankly it's her decision to present herself the way she wants to be presented.

I do, however, think that cheating at a tournament is shady, but that doesn't mean she should get her "respect as a woman" taken away from it. Maybe just respect as a Hearthstone player? But if the cheating story is true, it seems almost all of the pros have since forgiven her or not cared.

To be fair, at this point a lot of folks didn't know about the cheating stuff, yet still disrespected for somehow not being a good player.

Mind you, that thread puts some valid criticism on it, but I feel that the bash the she could get is not related to those events that are not as known as other incidents

I think Lilian Voss has value, if you have a dead hand against a board you can't clear, you're going to want to roll the dice and try to get some spells to swing the momentum back in your direction. She's also well stated so she's not dead space if she doesn't get good RNG results.
Why not play vanish instead if a board clear is what you're looking for?

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but that's still another turn you'd have to wait to MAYBE clear the board, depending on which turn you play her. If she reduced the cost of the spells then I think it would be a much better card.

Crosseyes

Banned

I think if Eloise looks on Reddit today she's in for a hard truth that the gamers of the 'west' don't respect her more as a woman. This is the culture of gamergate after all, the disrespect she feels is and always will be rooted in misogyny.

It's just in the west it's more acceptable to go after less sexist angles to cover it up like the past cheating incident. A convenient past mistake to go along with pictures that show the true intent. "She dressed and acted like she was asking to be disrespected as a woman."

It'll always be based in that. No exceptions.

Anyway I'm pretty extremist when it comes to those views anyway so I'm gonna focus on packs. NAXX OUT.

The last two expansions have been around 6PM GMT (for the US launch) and 1AM GMT for the Euro launch So I would guess...

US...
t1502384400z0.png

Euro...
t1502409600z0.png

Believe in my clock!!!!

Finalow

NAXX out

but yes, nothing beats cuntlore forcing girls to shower with him. and if they refuse, IF THEY DARE REFUSE the alpha elf ex-300 lbs champion deformed ears male that he is, they'll be treated like shit because how dare you, silly girl, refuse my beautiful elf-like face.
amusing part: how long until the nerd alpha himself will find out these editings? 1 week? 1 month? Never? Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Eloise has one extremely benign comment in a response to a question from somebody do a feature on her. Reddit can't handle it, thread gets locked.

Some sad person tries to "prove" why Eloise doesn't deserve respect by digging up a bunch of crap most people never knew about, people on Reddot use that as justification for their prior irrational hatred.

Not surprising considering people still go at Hafu for bullshit from years ago. There's a large scummy element to this community and it doesn't seem to be getting smaller or less prevalent.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
lol, the very first new card i got from the very first new card pack: Prince Valanar.
F*ck

Edit: No free packs or prologue for me.

100% not kidding, my first legendary was Prince Keleseth.
lol mine was Valanar. We got got.

Top Bottom