• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Crosseyes

Banned
Oh my god Dirty Rat why have you betrayed me.

Been massacring rogues with him, putting up that final wall against Pirates... overall being a pretty great bro.

But Hunters. Never Dirty Rat a hunter. You will pull Highmane. Oh he only mulliganed away one card and it's turn 2? Doesn't matter. Highmane. Oh I play my second rat later on? Oh look it's King Mosh off of the old Jeweled Macaw.

It's turn 2. What do you expect them to have after backstab with a minion on my side to use? No way a pirate warrior races a 10/10 even with the best openings they have available.
It's going to be their turn 3, they could go upgrade pirate on FWA (depending on their t2) into 3/3 taunt for free. They can race it, not easily but it's too early to concede. They have 3 turns to win and they have the mana advantage.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh my god Dirty Rat why have you betrayed me.

Been massacring rogues with him, putting up that final wall against Pirates... overall being a pretty great bro.

But Hunters. Never Dirty Rat a hunter. You will pull Highmane. Oh he only mulliganed away one card and it's turn 2? Doesn't matter. Highmane. Oh I play my second rat later on? Oh look it's King Mosh off of the old Jeweled Macaw.
I pulled Antonidas against a Quest mage.

The player promptly duped the Antonidas and killed me with it because I couldn't kill. :(

holy shit, Elemental Buffadin is FUCKED
List / winrate?

Blizzard

Banned
Does Equality work against Quest Rogue?
I believe so because it overwrites the HP.

I also found out today while doing the Karazhan adventure that the "set all minions to 1/1" passive is overridden when you play the quest so your existing minions get set to 5/5, and possibly those in your hand, but your deck minions get put to 1/1 when you draw them so the quest benefit doesn't last long. I think it was still enough to win the game for me. That was the toughest adventure level I've done thus far.

Grief.exe

Wow I just picked up a Kazakus potion with the Mana Bind secret, which gave me Lord J.

AAk81Oa.png

Good to know on Equality.

Got an Eye for an Eye off Hydrologist against Quest Mage. I just let him sit at 1 health for like 4 turns not even bothering to proc any secrets or anything. Eventually he assembles the combo and kills himself with the first Fireball lol. Damn that's satisfying.

Trying Arena for the first time since the expansion dropped. Mage is just a complete RNG fuckfest now. My opponent was able to generate TWO Cabalist's Tomes off of random spell generators.

Beats the hell out of my why Blizzard thinks people enjoy that kind of stuff.

Blizzard

Banned
I think I'll keep statistics over 10 games playing quest rogue. Then I'll report back, get advice here, and if people think my deck is good and I'm just misplaying, I'll look at getting one of the game-recording utilities.
I finally hit rank 17. Unfortunately I somehow changed decks by accident and used an adventure deck in the middle of a ranked, obviously getting a loss.

However for the 10 rogue games I played tonight and took notes:

* I won 8/10 to gain 3 ranks. I was very lucky some games, pretty unlucky in others.
* I faced 5 different classes, so variety was decent.

After another 10 games I'll post the results and my current deck.

Elise was totally worth to craft.
I love cards like that and so far it has been great fun.
The amount of Legendaries that i got from the pack is crazy.

Blizzard

Banned
Just before quitting for the night, I decided to buy a single dino pack with coins. I got Clutchmother Zavas. Is this key to any Warlock decks? I might try one eventually if I fail to reach 15 after 40-50 quest Rogue games.

Lyng

Nothing feels worse then loosing to a topdecking time warp mage. He top dicked his freeze spells 4 times in a row to save his life. I even milled him 3 times where he was lucky enough to not loose a single of the combo pieces. And then he goes on to BM like a madman.

Lyng

I will say though, so far this expansion is a million times more fun then the last several. So many combo opportunities. And while its a pain to loose to combo at times, it still gives far more interesting matches then the curve/facestone.
Also Sherazin-Miracle is so much fun. My favourite deck to play in a long while.

KuroNeeko

Has anyone seen any mage other than gate recently?
Seems like Jaina has gone into hiding...

Any non-miracle, non-quest rogues out there?

Elise was totally worth to craft.
I love cards like that and so far it has been great fun.
The amount of Legendaries that i got from the pack is crazy.

Yeah! In retrospect, I should have crafted her in gold rather than spend dust on Umbra. : /

Ikkarus

Just before quitting for the night, I decided to buy a single dino pack with coins. I got Clutchmother Zavas. Is this key to any Warlock decks? I might try one eventually if I fail to reach 15 after 40-50 quest Rogue games.
Congrats on the pull!

Zavas is a staple for any discard warlock deck. Outside of that its meh.

So is the conclusion that Swamp King Dred is too slow? Or is it potentially worth the craft for midrange Hunter?

Why play a 7 mana 9/9 when you can play a 5 mana 8/8?

Swamp King Dredd is still easy to play around and there are still some Adapts in the meta.

He's amazing for a druid though :p

Got him from a tortollan and he easily sealed the deal busting him out with innervate after a wild growth vs an aggro deck. Shit was hilarious.

Ikkarus

Currently the decks I hate seeing since this expansion dropped are warrior decks.

Pirate - Still disgustingly good
Taunt - Just drags the game on too long. It's either a taunt drops or it's a mass AOE clear.

One deck I haven't seen much is Jade Druid which I'm incredibly grateful for, in fact I haven't seen many Druids at all and if I do see any they are running the swarm/aggro version.

The most fun deck I've been playing with is the plant miracle rogue deck.

Has anyone seen any mage other than gate recently?
Seems like Jaina has gone into hiding...

Any non-miracle, non-quest rogues out there?

Yeah! In retrospect, I should have crafted her in gold rather than spend dust on Umbra. : /

I've had good results with a Tempo Secret Mage deck. Mana Wyrms, Ethereal Arcanists, Kabal Crystal Runners and even Red Mana Wyrms combined with Kabal Lackey and that other minion that makes your next secret cost 0 which I can't remember the name of. And of course Medivh's Valet and the new 2 mana 2/3 that draws a secret, plus a couple of good ol' fireballs.

With this deck I've won the majority of games against Taunt Warriors and Quest Rogues. Counterspelling a Brawl or the Crystal Core is a wonderful feeling indeed. Also, I don't think I've lost a single game against Waygate Mages.

I'm starting to think the Murloc quest is decent, it's easy to finish it up early and having a hand full of cheap murlocs is surprisingly useful.

Lyng

Yep even after the nerf Yogg is still the dumbest card in the game.
Just lost to a yogg. Mage had no board, no cards and dead next turn, i have 4 minions on board.
Topdick Yogg who then clears my board, fills his, draws a few cards for him and heals him for 6.
Fun and interactive....

Top Bottom