• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Zakalwe

Banned
Yep even after the nerf Yogg is still the dumbest card in the game.
Just lost to a yogg. Mage had no board, no cards and dead next turn, i have 4 minions on board.
Topdick Yogg who then clears my board, fills his, draws a few cards for him and heals him for 6.
Fun and interactive....

I mean, this is like many "fun and interactive" aspects of HS, like any combo that happens while you watch.

I don't think Yogg is an issue, he fucks you as often as he helps.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Doing ok with my Warlock deck. I do wonder how much better I'd be doing if I had that one discard legendary. Might help my win rate by a couple percents.

It's pretty underwhelming. I would suggest not crafting it.

Thanks! I haven't yet, and I'll probably save my dust.

It feels like it could work, but that's a thing in HS. You always imagine the perfect scenario vs what actually happens over multiple games.

Lyng

I mean, this is like many "fun and interactive" aspects of HS, like any combo that happens while you watch.

I don't think Yogg is an issue, he fucks you as often as he helps.

Combo's involve a player setting it up and actually playing. Yogg plays the game for you. That is just silly design.

Zemm

the fuckery in this tournament so far has been entertaining. That Tom guy played the mage so fucking horribly and still won from the top dick frost bolt

Zemm

taunt warrior mirror

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So is the conclusion that Swamp King Dred is too slow? Or is it potentially worth the craft for midrange Hunter?

I opened it in a pack, and it has its uses, but I don't think it's quite strong enough to craft.

Absolutely destroys Zoo, for what it's worth

Keep at it. Disco is surprisingly hard to play. There are a lot of non-intuitive decisions that to make, and the right play isn't always obvious.

Unless you're talking about non discard zoo. Can't help you there.

Zoo used to be my favourite deck in OG and disco zoo after karazhan still felt well positioned but Zoo losing PO is such a big deal. I'm missing the out to steal a game it provided and zoo just can't contest the board for too long.

Hari Seldon

Quest Rogue is at Secret Pally levels of absurdness. The only strategy I can think of is to pull out my switch and play zelda while roping every turn.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pirate warrior pretty much has a 80% win rate against quest rogue. So technically, pirates are still better

Zemm

haha what a ridiculous match-up the quest warrior mirror is, as soon as the quest completes it turns into Coinflip Simulator 2017

zoukka

I have nothing against control mirrors, but Taunt warrior is just a boring, braindead deck and it's amplified by x10 in the mirror.

I dare say the quests have been highly disappointing. The rogue quest is the only fun one, all the others are just mindless curvestone.

Ripenen

Quest Rogue is at Secret Pally levels of absurdness. The only strategy I can think of is to pull out my switch and play zelda while roping every turn.

Hearthstone designers aren't dumb. They must have had something in mind when designing the quest. Maybe it was an answer to something in the meta.

Probably a good thing from a business standpoint to introduce a single deck type that's just ridiculously OP. Do that and players either have to spend money to buy the cards to create that deck, or they spend money to buy the cards to build specific counters to that deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ice Block is getting Hall of Fame'd at some point. It has to be.

These posts may seem unrelated, but they aren't.

Observe the card that's even more crazy than a Quest Rogue that's drawing the nuts.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/o8Z77S929xeoU9XsZUmcmC

Side note: Don't try and copy that deck I was playing. I was experimenting with some secrets in a dumb Mage burn deck and it's hardly optimized.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Just like most of my taunt warrior mirror matches I've ever had.

50/50 in the end.
There are different ways to play it. I don't usually feel like it's a total toss up. Usually maxing out your card draw or just racing out the lower cost taunts are going to be the defining factors.

ViviOggi

I have nothing against control mirrors, but Taunt warrior is just a boring, braindead deck and it's amplified by x10 in the mirror.

I dare say the quests have been highly disappointing. The rogue quest is the only fun one, all the others are just mindless curvestone.

Yup my thoughts exactly. Warlock's quest is somewhere in-between but also looking to be just awful so

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yup my thoughts exactly. Warlock's quest is somewhere in-between but also looking to be just awful so

A control warlock with the quest + deathwing is pretty damn cool atleast though I'm not sure it's all that great.

The actual discard zoo stuff is ass though. The actual requirement is really high for how clunky the mechanic itself and the reward is.

Every quest mirror seems to be decided by that.

Mirror matches are the worst part of this game.
Not completely comparable. Sulfuras is no tempo loss while crystal core is, if you're only slightly behind you can present a board where your opponent is unable to play it in fear of you completing and playing yours while having the board.

Mirror matches can be the most skill intensive environments the game has to offer.

Tacitus_

Murlock is back? I wonder if that deck's actually legit.

These posts may seem unrelated, but they aren't.

Observe the card that's even more crazy than a Quest Rogue that's drawing the nuts.

You mean one of the card generating ones? I love that concept, but it's just asinine with Block (and freeze effects to a lesser extent).

Lyng

How is the rogue quest fun? Its one of the most mindless ones.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Murlock is back? I wonder if that deck's actually legit.

You mean one of the card generating ones? I love that concept, but it's just asinine with Block (and freeze effects to a lesser extent).

I had the dumb 75 murloc quest and I actually threw all the garbage in a deck and somehow won 5 straight.

That 4 drop health murloc is something I forgot existed but I was able to coin it turn 3 and play finja with it for pretty huge swings in two of the games. The new 2 and 3 drop murlocs are really powerful, so I wouldn't be that surprised to see someone make a decent list.

They'll always have the same problem though, they just aren't sticky enough and if you get wiped once you're fucked.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They'll always have the same problem though, they just aren't sticky enough and if you get wiped once you're fucked.
I mean that's what Shaman quest is for. Being able to discover more murlocs is also a big deal.

Ketch

A control warlock with the quest + deathwing is pretty damn cool atleast though I'm not sure it's all that great.

The actual discard zoo stuff is ass though. The actual requirement is really high for how clunky the mechanic itself and the reward is.

The requirement is SO high. I think it's a strictly worse jaraxxus.

It's a bummer too because I think it's a really fun deck to play, trying to min max your hand to discard the 'right' stuff. I added the token elementals to fill my hand with the 1 mana 1/2s to try and give me more discard ammo..... but still the whole concept is unreliable

scarlet

LOL the fuck was that match between omegazero4 and powder.

But at last, now I can watch Ostkaka.

Edit: rogue vs mage. If this is quest mage, then RIP Sweden.

Edit2: okay, that reaction when Ostkaka played wisp was funny.

Dahbomb

Tune into Reynad stream.

*His Juggler misses the Loot Hoarder twice.

"What a great video game and so well designed. I am still playing Knife Juggler in 2017 because it's too good not to."

It's not a Reynad stream without him ranting about Knife Juggler.

Magnus

Secret Mage still very good and underrated imo

Can do wonders against Quest Rogue, with the right secrets on board they will lose A LOT of tempo by either getting caught out or waste resources trying to play around them. It's even better if they're not playing the Elemental package because your Counterspells and Spellbinders can screw up their bounces and leave them in a situation where they literally can't complete the quest

I think I need to try this. I'm starting to run into way too many quest rogues.

Got a good list?

Magnus

Every quest mirror seems to be decided by that.

Mirror matches are the worst part of this game.

Beg to differ. Priest mirror matches have always been the best of this game for me, no truer than now imo. And I routinely beat priests who obtain and use Amara first.

Midrange hunter just destroys them.

Destroys secret mages or quest rogues?
Also, got a good list? Not sure what midrange hunter looks like anymore lol. Is the lynchpin the new hero power modification? (+2/2 to beasts)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Beg to differ. Priest mirror matches have always been the best of this game for me, no truer than now imo. And I routinely beat priests who obtain and use Amara first.

Destroys secret mages or quest rogues?

Destroys quest rogues. And let's be honest probably secret mage too.

Dahbomb

Firefly best neutral card in the game from Ungoro?

*Played in Zoolock.

*Played in Token Druid.

*Played in Quest Rogue.

*Played in all Elemental decks.

*Best card in Quest Hunter even though it's not that good of a deck.

*Played in Handbuff Paladin.

Turns out powerful 1 drop is powerful.

Top Bottom