• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Tomcat

I think lich king is not worth crafting. Everyone is teching removals either silence or black knight. Even some run bgh. Usually it stays up for one turn and u get a spell most of the time not very relevant. Ysera seems better.

Heropon

A stupid Druid used BGH against the Lich King I discovered and destroyed my whole turn. Then I got destroyed by a OTK Paladin. This isn't a good day.

Bunga

Finally found a good deck/stats/game tracker for my phone. It simply wasn't possible on the iOS version of the game but now that I'm on Android it's easy peasy. It's not as visually appealing as the PC versions as obviously screen space is at a premium so can't have fancy graphics for all the cards etc. but it does display all the same information in text form.

Stuff it does:

- Import decks
- Export decks
- Saves all games to HSreplay, so supports card tracking
- In-app game tracking of each of your decks W:L ratio broken down by class, game length, your deck, your opponent's deck (or rather what they used of it before game is over)
- The match overlay displays turns your opponent picked up his cards, cards they've played, you can change your overlay to show your whole deck or just the cards you've got in hand/used. Importantly, you can also turn the whole overlay on/off with the touch of a button.

Overall, it's pretty fantastic if you play HS on your phone a lot - which I do, in fact I hardly ever play on my PC.

For those interested:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.purplesquare.elephantsguide

Ikkarus

One deck I'm having a surprisingly good run with is the tempo elemental rogue deck list.

It can hold up to aggro well and can outplay most other tempo decks. Warlocks can be annoying especially when my opponent busts out the DK.

ZeroX03

Banned
Exodia Mage putting in work. Decent chance against most of the slower decks. Took out a Pirate Warrior too, very satisfying. Needed an RNG third Ice Block to pull it off though.

Friend loving the control Warlock that's been floating around the streams. It is very satisfying to watch a bomb Defile.

fertygo

I think lich king is not worth crafting. Everyone is teching removals either silence or black knight. Even some run bgh. Usually it stays up for one turn and u get a spell most of the time not very relevant. Ysera seems better.
Dude if they silence an 8/8

Its good

Expectation seem super crazy for the card

They expect its single handedly won game in instance

Its Hearthstone.. the way you won with a big threat is mving to another threat after that threat remòved

This is where Lk shine.. its must deal minion that they spend turn to it and its also protect you because its has taunt.. its feel good to drop on even board unlike ysera

If they remove it.. refill with another strong turn.

If my lich king somehow survive a turn I'm not happy because its give another card I'm happy because there is 8/8 dominate the board

patchday

It's not specific to any person. The game tries to force you down to a 50% winrate. If you are winning a lot, you will be forced into bad matchups. If you are losing a lot, you will be forced into good matchups. Same as Overwatch.

lol this makes absolutely no sense in this game

Hybris

LK seems underwhelming in slow decks. I am certain most lists will drop him within a few weeks as there's so many dead cards you don't want to pull from him that just end up clogging your hand. I think he may have a place in more aggressive midrange lists though. Army of the dead, frostmourne, death coil, doom pact can be game ending if your goal is to kill the opponent ASAP.

Sande

There might be some behind the scenes shenanigans to force 50% (god I hate hidden MMR bullshit on top of a regular ranking system) but I reeeally doubt they fix match-ups.

patchday

I only have enough dust for 2 legends and 1 epic atm so waiting to see how the meta shakes out before I craft. Didnt get Lich King in my initial pack openings

I have now fallen from Rank 9 all the way from Rank 6. Then jumped back to 8 again. I will probably be at Rank 7 in 10 mins

But it seem impossible for me to sting a few simple wins together though, even if I am decent enough at the game to win some challenging matches. I also just stumble into a some utter bulshit like Pirate Warrior with perfect draws, and more recently Inner Fire Priest of all things... also with perfect draws.

HOW IS INNER FIRE PRIEST CONSISTENT ENOUGH TO BE AT RANK 6?

Ikkarus

I only have enough dust for 2 legends and 1 epic atm so waiting to see how the meta shakes out before I craft. Didnt get Lich King in my initial pack openings
I think the hype for the Lich King will fade in a couple of weeks. He's a solid choice but often the card he gives you can often be a dead weight.

The only legendary which I think deserves an automatic craft is Malfurion DK bar token druid it fits in every deck for druid.

Tacitus_

Huh, since Faceless Shambler enters the field as 1/1, it gets divine shield from Steward of Darkshire.

Neat. Really niche, but neat.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This isn't true at all BTW

I dont think its true, cuz there's always posts like "OMG I PLAYED AGAINST 10 PRIEST IN A ROW?!?!?! WHY DOES BLIZZARD DOES THIS?!?!?! OMG!"

Also i dont think the matchmaker knows about matchups and stuff like that.. but really, only Blizzy-D knows about this stuff.

manhack

HOW IS INNER FIRE PRIEST CONSISTENT ENOUGH TO BE AT RANK 6?

Inner fire and silence priest were Legend capable decks and should remain so even now.

In fact at rank 5 I'm starting to notice a lot of people running previous meta decks such as Dragon Priest, Token Shaman(1-2 new cards), Pirate Warrior and LOTS of secret mages.

I suspect we will start seeing older decks creep back into the meta as folks stop experimenting with new decks and go back to some old faithfuls to see how they fare in the new Druid/Priest meta we have now.

patchday

I think the hype for the Lich King will fade in a couple of weeks. He's a solid choice but often the card he gives you can often be a dead weight.

The only legendary which I think deserves an automatic craft is Malfurion DK bar token druid it fits in every deck for druid.

interesting I opened up that card in my packs along with Shaman & Warrior DKs

Why wouldn't it be? It's a strong deck from un'goro meta. People pilot much worse decks to much higher ranks. Geist isn't that popular enough to tank your winrate.

I guess I should have stated the Inner Fired Twilight Drake, not the usual Silence / Inner Fire stuff

I guess I am just annoyed that I am now running into new and different walls when I climb, all of which feel almost too lucky with their draws.

I guess I just need to get better, but after 60 games floating around the same three ranks I was getting annoyed.

Literally any deck can reach rank 5 because of the win streak bonus.

Except mine :(

I guess I should have stated the Inner Fired Twilight Drake, not the usual Silence / Inner Fire stuff

I guess I am just annoyed that I am now running into new and different walls when I climb, all of which feel almost too lucky with their draws.
I lost to a Hunter today that went stitched tracker into finja into double warleader pulling the other finja in their deck and a bluegill.

Removal is a major weakness of Kolento's taunt druid.

mxgt

Banned

Is there any situation where Army of the Dead is good aside from maybe minion heavy Zoo-like decks?

I hate when I get it, it seems fucking awful.

Q8D3vil

Is there any situation where Army of the Dead is good aside from maybe minion heavy Zoo-like decks?

Yes, that spell is good for tempo plays in decks with death rattles.
Won me two games when i played dead man hand nzoth warrior.
Edit: and a game with ez priest.

Beckx

Didn't see this posted, apologies if old:

there are 12 KoFT cards that should be in arena and aren't, patch going up server side this week to fix it.

Dahbomb

Big Ramp Druid
Tempo Midrange Warrior
Token Druid (though 8 drop is too high)
Midrange Hunter
Taunt Quest Warrior (you want to use this after you finish quest)

Midrange decks are the best for it.

fertygo

really had the urge to spend my dust, cannot play new stuff is kinda boring

but I want wait the meta settle

so far I has invest to

- Lich King
- 2 Ultimate Infestation
- some Taunt druid supplement

that its, pretty much the safe thing

Thing that fancy me to craft in intermediate future -

DK Guldan
Raza and Anduin
2 Corpsetaker
Deathseer Thrall

I still want to wait if Warlock is really decent enough to play for these 4 month before craft Guldan, hell even if its just borderline tier 3 maybe its good enough for me

Same thing for Raza and Anduin, I want to wait altho for this one I kinda afraid they would nerf Raza and my investation to Anduin got hit

Murloc Pally starting to play Corpsetaker but I kinda doubt its stick because does the lifesteal matter that much for murloc pally? does there is really no midrange minion that fit better?

Beckx

my dust plans for the near future:

one more Obsidian Statue
one more Corpsetaker

then after that just saving to round out legendaries, that will take a long time so the meta will settle by then.

arfus seems like a good call for midrange hunter, because a high roll on Army of the Dead would be huge.

Grief.exe

Druid and Paladin are the two most represented classes at level 1.

Druid is more than double the frequency of Paladin, then Paladin is nearly double the frequency of both Priest and Warrior.

15JDfIr.jpg

Bizazedo

If you cast Nourish and gain two mana crystals, are you able to use those mana crystals?

If so, why? From a balance perspective, I mean.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If you cast Nourish and gain two mana crystals, are you able to use those mana crystals?

If so, why? From a balance perspective, I mean.

Ramp has diminishing returns later in the game. They give you those two free Mana crystals to make that option more attractive, because 3 cards is usually better otherwise.

Bunga

Guys, what's the best/most popular deck I can run at the moment that doesn't require a DK? I have the warrior DK but my Warrior collection is a little lacking in places, e.g. no Grommash for a finisher in the most popular Warrior DK deck on hearthpwn.

zoukka

Guys, what's the best/most popular deck I can run at the moment that doesn't require a DK? I have the warrior DK but my Warrior collection is a little lacking in places, e.g. no Grommash for a finisher in the most popular Warrior DK deck on hearthpwn.

The druid lists are fine without the DK. Quest mage can kill any popular list too.

Bunga

The druid lists are fine without the DK. Quest mage can kill any popular list too.

Don't have Mage quest but will look into Druid options. Cheers!

How is handbuff Pally at the moment? I cobbled together a deck myself but seemed to be having huge swings in success. I'd either completely steamroll people or not get going at all.

zoukka

Well you don't know if Mage can came back in hurry or not

if there is solid tempo/burn mage found, warlock can be unplayable again

I think Warlock has such good ways to heal now that it could still stand a chance. Especially those cheaper lists that don't rely on tapping that much. But yeah impossible to say what will happen in the coming weeks for certain.

rahji

I might be the only person but everytime i see despicable dreadlord I get WC3 flashbacks. I hated to play against this hero because of his OPness (in my mind) and it haunts me until this day. And in hearthstone it is the same, it is a very nasty card to play against.

fertygo

I don't feel that bad because I know UI gonna nerfed real quick at least before world championship finals

The fastest is same as Small Time Buc time range, when its only a month after released I believe

worst scenario is if they wait until world championship which I believe still about 2-3 month away

Top Bottom