• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Fewr

That new card Explore Un'Goro is fun when you've run out of options, nothing more.

I had a deck with no strategy (for a quest), I had nothing left and got it; from that moment on the match was tons of fun because I kept summoning crazy creatures with adapt, taunt, etc every turn.

Grief.exe

Token Druid experience so far

Quest Warrior - Win
Quest Rogue - Win
Mirror Match - Loss (he had the better deck compared to my budget version)
Hunter - Win
Quest Mage - Win

Edit: quest priest - win
Quest complete

You mean Vanish? I was being vary of that as well. Besides, playing around those is easy when it's a quest rogue and they've barely progressed in it so you're under no pressure at all.
I meant the combo destroy in miracle. Quest rogue running vanish makes sense to some degree but more so in the variants that run more chargers in stonetusk boar.

LowParry

Pretty successful with a Elemental/Jade Shammy deck. From the games I played yesterday, I went 11 wins, 4 loses.

Those loses were from 1 warrior, 2 hunters, and 1 rogue.

I rarely see any mages played though and I use a Quest Mage deck every so often.

br3wnor

Token Druid experience so far

Quest Warrior - Win
Quest Rogue - Win
Mirror Match - Loss (he had the better deck compared to my budget version)
Hunter - Win
Quest Mage - Win

Playing at Rank 15 right now and am 4-0, winning pretty decisively. Just DESTROYED a quest Rogue who got his quest off at turn 4 but was already down to 6hp by the time they did it.

**Almost lost to a Rogue (non quest) by running out of gas, but finally hit a Savage Roar when I needed it to close it out.

***6-0, Mage game got dicey but pulled it out in the end. Main weak point of deck is not running into any of your 6 +1/+1 buffs in the beginning half of the game. Sometimes fill the board w/ 6 1 attack minions and the longer it takes the more vulnerable you are.

****Lost to pirate warrior, can't be mad he had great opening pulls

Zakalwe

Banned
Goddamn it!

Pirate turn one, hit end turn straight away because muscle memory, Patches flies out...

Why do I keep doing this?

I want to be playing other more fun builds, but this deck is stupid.

Goddamn it!

Pirate turn one, hit end turn straight away because muscle memory, Patches flies out...

I still win when I do that lol.

But yeah, it happens often to me. Especially on mobile.

I think Quest Priest (with a Value mindset), will be the best deck to come out of the expansion - for me. It is the most fun for me anyway.

It helps me with Rogue Quest, even with an early Power Core. I run Deathwing (cause it is funny), Ysera, a couple a Dragonfire Potions alongside lots os deathrattles and taunts - and N'Zoth. Gives Quest Rouge a lot of issues. The high amount of taunts deals with both Hunter and Warrior too.

i am usually ending up with at least 7 cards in my hand when opponents have two,

It is becoming my fave deck as I cannot play Inspire/Shadowform Priest anymore.

I think Quest Priest (with a Value mindset), will be the best deck to come out of the expansion - for me. It is the most fun for me anyway.

It helps me with Rogue Quest, even with an early Power Core. I run Deathwing (cause it is funny), Ysera, a couple a Dragonfire Potions alongside lots os deathrattles and taunts - and N'Zoth. Gives Quest Rouge a lot of issues. The high amount of taunts deals with both Hunter and Warrior too.

i am usually ending up with at least 7 cards in my hand when opponents have two,

It is becoming my fave deck as I cannot play Inspire/Shadowform Priest anymore.
Why can't you play Shadowform Priest anymore?

squidyj

ughhhh, losing streaks are the worst. 5 stars all the way down to 2 stars with shit draws and shit matchups, so on tilt right now.

Nordicus

Reynad's first iteration of Quest Hunter was fucking hilarious.

25ish 1-drops
No removal
No Tracking
No draw
No Stampede
No Tundra Rhino

5noHKsb.jpg

Proceeds to get consistent early quest completion but only ever draws 1 brood per turn at most, and then they immediately get run over by enemy board. I dunno, maybe adding 15 cantrips into a 20-card deck is less explosive than with a 10-card deck?

I bet if patches didn't exist hunter would have been as much of a pain anyway. If hunter got a beast version of patches, we'd be playing hunterstone again. Patches confirmed as much a killer of cancer as it causes it.

Fewr

I think all the people who got a quest legendary card in un'goro have already moved on to better ranks.

I'm currently trying to get to rank 20. This morning I played about 4-5 games and none of my opponents had a quest deck (I didn't either), it was all basic decks and 1 person who was trying to act like a jade druid but didn't have many of the usual required cards.

1 more victory to get to 20.

5-0'd my way to rank 2 with my last posted quest rogue list. Gatekeeper this time was a freeze mage. Popped ice block at 2 and he alex'd himself. I had 2 southseas (mimic pod) and I coldlight oracle'd into a brewmaster so I had the 15 from hand.

squidyj

anybody watching trump's stream right now? >_>
I shouldn't have well played at the end there, it was bm but it wasn't meant to be :(

5-0'd my way to rank 2 with my last posted quest rogue list. Gatekeeper this time was a freeze mage. Popped ice block at 2 and he alex'd himself. I had 2 southseas (mimic pod) and I coldlight oracle'd into a brewmaster so I had the 15 from hand.

I was facing quest rogue on my control warrior, i was at 5 hp, with a 1/4 taunt, deathwing (frozen), and 1 swing waraxe, he has 3 minions on board, 2 boars and is at 11 hp
furthermore my opponent has played one sap and has 1 card in hand
my option is to either

play my quest., hit face and hero power for a 1/4 lethal
or drop the alley armorsmith in my hand and hope he doesn't draw sap, with my taunts he can't push an attack through and with a backstab or eviscerate he has to hit the armorsmith once and can only hit my face once, i survive the turn and deathwing will kill him.

He has 11 cards in hand
what do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?

Grief.exe

I think all the people who got a quest legendary card in un'goro have already moved on to better ranks.

I'm currently trying to get to rank 20. This morning I played about 4-5 games and none of my opponents had a quest deck (I didn't either), it was all basic decks and 1 person who was trying to act like a jade druid but didn't have many of the usual required cards.

1 more victory to get to 20.

That's how it should be.

The situation prior to the rankings change was not conducive to holding onto new players.

Heh, Greetings
I'm in Charge now

anybody watching trump's stream right now? >_>
I shouldn't have well played at the end there, it was bm but it wasn't meant to be :(

I was facing quest rogue on my control warrior, i was at 5 hp, with a 1/4 taunt, deathwing (frozen), and 1 swing waraxe, he has 3 minions on board, 2 boars and is at 11 hp
furthermore my opponent has played one sap and has 1 card in hand
my option is to either

play my quest., hit face and hero power for a 1/4 lethal
or drop the alley armorsmith in my hand and hope he doesn't draw sap, with my taunts he can't push an attack through and with a backstab or eviscerate he has to hit the armorsmith once and can only hit my face once, i survive the turn and deathwing will kill him.

He has 11 cards in hand
what do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?

I wasn't aware that any quest lists were running sap tbh. I don't think I would play around a second sap.

But it doesn't sound like your odds would get better for finishing off before they ate through your taunts, so I would probably go for the 1/4 not knowing anything else. Plus he has 11 cards in hand, he is obviously cheating.

squidyj

I wasn't aware that any quest lists were running sap tbh. I don't think I would play around a second sap.

But it doesn't sound like your odds would get better for finishing off before they ate through your taunts, so I would probably go for the 1/4 not knowing anything else. Plus he has 11 cards in hand, he is obviously cheating.

he had 1 card in hand that would have represented lethal on the last turn if it was a bounce mechanic. therefore not a bounce card. he would have to topdeck a bounce card in order to stay in the game. I can't imagine the scenario where going for the 1/4 is correct

he would have to bounce with a body for there to be +1 bodies on board, and he would have to draw that bounce. and then i would go to a 1/5 next turn assuming my topdeck wasn't brawl which.

he had 1 card in hand that would have represented lethal on the last turn if it was a bounce mechanic. therefore not a bounce card. he would have to topdeck a bounce card in order to stay in the game. I can't imagine the scenario where going for the 1/4 is correct

he would have to bounce with a body for there to be +1 bodies on board, and he would have to draw that bounce. and then i would go to a 1/5 next turn assuming my topdeck wasn't brawl which.

I figured it was 1 card or 10 cards since you wrote 1 at one point and 11 at another. At 1 card, yeah I would try to play a longer game. Or at least the longer game looks a lot more appealing.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shitsnacks.

I played that Token druid Dahbomb had on here a few pages back. Hot damn that thing is good. Please let's not spread it around too far out on the internet because it is wrecking every damn deck I face. I was 6-0 with it just now. Beat a Pirate Warrior, Quest Warrior, Priest, and a few Quest Rogues.

Pooya

token druid is a decent deck, but man, there are so many taunt warriors now, my record is like something 1-10 against taunt warrior... they have everything. The time I won the guy didn't have it and I top decked savage roar...Against everything else seems fine.

Dahbomb

Yeah you lose against Taunt Warrior for sure especially if they have quad WW and Armorsmiths.

But everything else it is good against.

where is this promised land of free wins?'

ps i think I'm going to do my best to keep priests out of rotation on ladder, nobody needs to be subjected to priest.

I'm 9-0 vs priest with quest rogue lol

I think they expect to beat me with purify priest due to the huge health taunts, but my vilespine slayers like to show up and crash the party. Also deals with 8/8s if they go the quest route.

scarlet

Goddamn it!

I did that especially when I play something other than swashburglar and n'zoth first mate.

squidyj

I'm 9-0 vs priest with quest rogue lol

I think they expect to beat me with purify priest due to the huge health taunts, but my vilespine slayers like to show up and crash the party. Also deals with 8/8s if they go the quest route.

vilespine is one of my favorite cards, an assassinate and a 3/4 in one body
two great tastes one great card!

but still i am staunchly anti-priest, the only good priest is a dead priest

Nah guys it was totally Small Time Bucaneer that made Patches playable along with the Reno meta which forced everyone to play aggro to counter them.

patches is the only thing making golakka crab playable.

Dr. boom was much more troublesome than patches imo. It had no pre-req, tons of rng, and greatly boosted any deck's winrate if they drew it before turn 7. At least patches is not rng, although the consistency is power of course.

I can live with patches being in the meta another year. I think it should have been nerfed but maybe it's just too late now. It was at it's strongest at STB and wasn't nerfed, and then still strong af during aggro shaman/pw meta, and still didn't get nerfed. If there is a balance patch there is still a chance, but they might pass on it because it rotates. We'll see.

Top Bottom