• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

zoukka

I don't even feel about UI. It's a win more card, usually I die to savage roar or jade cantrips against Druid, UI is pretty bad tempo, the draw is the perhaps busted part of it.

And as always it all comes down to ramp and how safe it is for the druid to ramp up. Cards like Spreading Plague are the problem if Druid cannot be punished for spending multiple turns just ramping up and drawing cards.

I don't even feel about UI. It's a win more card, usually I die to savage roar or jade cantrips against Druid, UI is pretty bad tempo, the draw is the perhaps busted part of it.

And as always it all comes down to ramp and how safe it is for the druid to ramp up. Cards like Spreading Plague are the problem if Druid cannot be punished for spending multiple turns just ramping up and drawing cards.

Yeah, UI would be a pretty bad card in any other class. I actually had someone UI me on turn 4 yesterday (coin Jade blossom on 2, Jade blossom on 3, double innervate UI on 4). I lost that game.

fertygo

UI Made Druid can cut a lot of card, I feel that's the most important part of it

its made they have 5-6 free slot for deck building that's huge

one card should never that versatile

Druid and Paladin are the two most represented classes at level 1.

Druid is more than double the frequency of Paladin, then Paladin is nearly double the frequency of both Priest and Warrior.

Hmm

True to the World of Warcraft balance.
UI Made Druid can cut a lot of card, I feel that's the most important part of it

Yup

Its effects total 20 mana for a total of 10 mana.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

UI gives you reliable card draw.

It's not win more. It's win at a higher rate due to less rng and the need to combo cards like auctioneer.

Again the thing with Hearthstone is about moving the %s. If UI can up your win rate over auctioneer combo by say 5% that's huge in the grand scheme of things.

zoukka

UI gives you reliable card draw.

It's not win more. It's win at a higher rate due to less rng and the need to combo cards like auctioneer.

Again the thing with Hearthstone is about moving the %s. If UI can up your win rate over auctioneer combo by say 5% that's huge in the grand scheme of things.

Obviously. But in a healthy meta, relying on a 10 mana spell should not be safe.

Yeah this is what makes it so strong. Like they can get away with not including feral rage, or ramping with nourish and of course outright replacing Auctioneer which allows you to use spells more freely. It's nuts.

fertygo

Obviously. But in a healthy meta, relying on a 10 mana spell should not be safe.

I mean 10 mana for Druid is different for any other class

its closer to what fireland portal cost to mage than actual 10 mana card

and card is jacked up version of fireland portal

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

That's less of a problem with UI (IMO) and more of a symptom of other classes in the current Meta.

I'm sure many will disagree though.

Also its status will be interesting to see when Jade rotates out.

UI is not win more and it's not even really a 10 mana card in druid due to their ramp and innervate.

I had a game where I pyro/equality a board of some 30/50 stats and they had 1 card in hand and top decked UI. It lets them be stupid with their cards and go all in to not get punished in the end.

I can see why it might feel like a win more card, because druid is so good in other areas you're often already winning... and now you're winning more... but it's not only a win-more card.

Also its status will be interesting to see when Jade rotates out.

It's not like jade is the only good druid deck atm.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't have much time to play anyway right now, but it feels like I basically have to abandon my priest experiment and play druid instead before it gets nerfed. :( I need to craft a second Ultimate Infestation I'm guessing? Are there any required legendaries for the strongest deck(s)?

Anyone encountered a Lady Deathwhisper bug? I've healed my big dragon to five but still couldn't attack? What's going on?

It's really annoying and happened in two matches. Will it ever work?

TankUP

Anyone encountered a Lady Deathwhisper bug? I've healed my big dragon to five but still couldn't attack? What's going on?

It's really annoying and happened in two matches. Will it ever work?

Try using the 0 mana priest spell Silence. No need to heal it. I beat the mission with silence and all the cheapest taunts.

Beckx

what is good against priest?

especially that deck that revives the 9 drop many times

aggro or raza priest.

if they get lucky and have Barnes + ES in hand + coin then you're in for a game. but if not you can rush them with aggro decks and roll over them.

raza priest can fatigue it or win via HP.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Anomolus gets lifesteal from every minion it hurts with the AOE too? That seems really good. I wonder why people aren't running it for the relatively easy full heal.

There might be some behind the scenes shenanigans to force 50% (god I hate hidden MMR bullshit on top of a regular ranking system) but I reeeally doubt they fix match-ups.

Hearthstone doesn't have MMR (under Legend rank).

It's the one Blizzard game that doesnt.

Hybris

Wow, Anomolus gets lifesteal from every minion it hurts with the AOE too? That seems really good. I wonder why people aren't running it for the relatively easy full heal.

Because it's not relatively easy to kill anomolus and it's super super slow. People run Gedon for the instant board impact and sufficient healing.

I hate quest mage. My board gets frozen constantly, he gets multiple ice blocks and there's absolutely nothing I can do but watch my opponent get the inevitable OTK.

Ketch

Raza + DK priest + archbishop benedictus is the ultimate salt factory.

Excuse me while i play solitaire until you die by your own cards.

I've Unpacked Moorabi and Valeera DK, they both suck right? I can't imagine freeze shaman will be a thing?

Sigh, I'm so down on this expansion. It's rubbish, hardly any new mechanics (boring life steal from every other card game and, what, the death knights?) and no new deck archtypes at all that I can tell. It's just boring jade druid and quest mage still.

Someone tell me I'm wrong as I want to be wrong.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips on how to build a Patron Warrior deck? I'm 10-9 at rank 15 with it in wild, which is pretty bad for me. I really want to do something with the Rotface and Warrior DK I opened in packs.

Current Decklist

manhack

I've Unpacked Moorabi and Valeera DK, they both suck right? I can't imagine freeze shaman will be a thing?

Sigh, I'm so down on this expansion. It's rubbish, hardly any new mechanics (boring life steal from every other card game and, what, the death knights?) and no new deck archtypes at all that I can tell. It's just boring jade druid and quest mage still.

Someone tell me I'm wrong as I want to be wrong.

Priest, Warlock, and Paladin all have competitive decks at the moment. check stuff like https://hsreplay.net/decks/trending/ for some of the decks of the moment.

Grief.exe

Thanks but that proved my point, the top two are jade druid and mid range hunter, neither of which are running many frozen throne cards.

Jumping to conclusions now is a little silly, decks haven't been optimized for the meta. Your argument is exactly why those decks are doing so well, they are finding success with previously optimized decks.

Ultimate Infestation is a little insane though now that I think about it. It's basically one of the best Kazakus potions you can make and you don't even have to hamstring your deck by running no duplicates.

Bizazedo

Just managed to do Howlfiend, Treachery, and Defile on an opposing Priest. Wiped the board out and knocked six cards out of his hand, including Amara and N'zoth.

Biggest surprise was him not immediately conceding.

So are there no new exciting archetypes to try out at all yet? I'm looking for a reason to jump back in but don't see one at all. It looks the same as a month ago. What has this expansion changed?

Top Bottom