• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Magnus

And now to carry on with my weekend.

Kudos to Blizzard for re-creating the feeling of taking down a WoW raid boss with this stunt. I tried not to default to meme and murloc decks for most of the classes, and had a lot of fun.

WzwBKtm.jpg

So did anyone else get fucked in the asshole like me?

So far, just from opening packs (F2P), I've gotten all three Prince cards and Bloodreaver Gul'dan.

Then again, my asshole is literally used to being rammed by Blizzard so at this point it's actually starting to feel less of a pain and more of an enjoyment.

Lmao, best thing I've read all day.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I love these. It seems Blizzard put alot of effort into the frozen Throne compared to other adventures, despite being f2p in comparison
People keep trying to push this narrative but it's not really true. Ice Crown has nine encounters plus the introduction stage, and with only one difficulty level most of it is kind of a joke. The Lich King encounter is kind of neat but extremely rigid with a very predictable playstyle. The older Adventures had more encounters, the specific class challenges, and heroic augmentations to every encounter. It's not like Karazahn was lacking secret interactions.

People keep trying to push this narrative but it's not really true. Ice Crown has nine encounters plus the introduction stage, and with only one difficulty level most of it is kind of a joke. The Lich King encounter is kind of neat but extremely rigid with a very predictable playstyle. The older Adventures had more encounters, the specific class challenges, and heroic augmentations to every encounter. It's not like Karazahn was lacking secret interactions.

fine blizzard is lazy I can't believe they released this lazy expansion

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What is this murloc deck are you guys using for Arthas? I haven't tried the rest of 8 class

Just spam all the murlocs.

Mainly tidecaller, rockpool, warleader to roll him. I found that he used obliterate on the lifesteal murloc over tidecaller a lot also.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
fine blizzard is lazy I can't believe they released this lazy expansion
No...it's just not really comparable to the old adventures. I never even liked adventures that much, but I don't find the encounters in Knights to be particularly interesting or memorable.

No...it's just not really comparable to the old adventures. I never even liked adventures that much, but I don't find the encounters in Knights to be particularly interesting or memorable.

will it make you feel better if I find no adventure has memorable anything?

Which wasn't what I was saying anyways, I was saying that they put some work into some free content.

TankUP

Hearthstone_Screenshot_08-26-17_14.16.02.png

Went from rank 9 to rank 5 today with a 73% winrate. Haven't touched standard in over a week, I have been grinding Priest wins in wild this month. However, this morning I got a "win 5 with druid" quest and I just couldn't stop winning! LOL

On another note, I realized I haven't even had a Warrior deck built for weeks. I think it's time to let it go. From now on, I'm a player without a class -- whatever it was I loved about Warrior, I think it's safe to say it's not coming back.

Dahbomb

On another note, I realized I haven't even had a Warrior deck built for weeks. I think it's time to let it go. From now on, I'm a player without a class -- whatever it was I loved about Warrior, I think it's safe to say it's not coming back.
Now you are playing the game.

Grief.exe

It would be interesting to see Blizard's internal numbers. Are people are still playing at similar rates to Un'goro, or if engagement dropped off significantly?

I personally had a blast post Un'goro trying out all kinds of viable decks for months. This meta is essentially dead for me.

And now to carry on with my weekend.

Kudos to Blizzard for re-creating the feeling of taking down a WoW raid boss with this stunt. I tried not to default to meme and murloc decks for most of the classes, and had a lot of fun.

WzwBKtm.jpg

Is there a time limit on this? I'm out of town.

ZeroX03

Banned
Beaten the Lich King with every class except Warrior. No Kel'thuzad so a little rough.

So did anyone else get fucked in the asshole like me?

So far, just from opening packs (F2P), I've gotten all three Prince cards and Bloodreaver Gul'dan.

Then again, my asshole is literally used to being rammed by Blizzard so at this point it's actually starting to feel less of a pain and more of an enjoyment.

Opened 78 packs, only two legendaries.

Dahbomb

Honestly just delete Hunters and distribute their tools among Paladins and Druids.

Druids already have Beasts and Paladins have Secrets/Weapons.

Dahbomb

Deadly Shot is such a terrible removal. Maybe Druid would play it if they got it because their removals are worse than it but I don't know why Paladin would play it.

Isn't a drawback of Raza/DK Priest the fact that you'll eventually run out of cards to refresh your ping?
This rarely happens, in my experience.

Most of them are doing OTK combos with Velen. One guy did Thaurissan into Velen and Mirage Caller. Mind Blast hit me for 20 on top of the 22 hero power damage.

TankUP

Now you are playing the game.

Well I do have 6 classes golden so it wasn't like I was exclusive. I just had a favorite class that I crafted gold cards for, tried to be an expert on, and lobbied for during spoiler season.

Honestly feels like I'm going to be missing out on some of the fun. But warrior is not ever going to be what I want it to and the idea of picking a new favorite doesn't appeal.

Honestly feels like I'm going to be missing out on some of the fun. But warrior is not ever going to be what I want it to and the idea of picking a new favorite doesn't appeal.
aren't you strong on control warrior? I'm really not missing 1 mana execute tbh.
Isn't a drawback of Raza/DK Priest the fact that you'll eventually run out of cards to refresh your ping?
as always it's a race with your life but once they got it going you have little chance of regaining the board and it's not like they don't run any threats.

Dahbomb

Some form of Control Warrior usually comes at the start of expansions. Look to see CW come back when these Jades rotate out and PW is less of a factor. CW is ever green just like Jaraxxus... there will always be a CW and there will always be a Control Warlock.

TankUP

Some form of Control Warrior usually comes at the start of expansions.

Cwar won't get support from the current design team. I've given up on that.

They do everything they can to negate the warrior hero power in their card design, and they give other control classes way more value than traditional cwar can ever handle.

Kangi

Had my craziest arena opener in a while. Mistress of Mixtures -> Malchezar's Imp/Voidwalker -> Coin/Crystalweaver -> Bloodfury Potion. Rest of my hand was filled with burst, had he not conceded on the spot.

Demon synergy almost never works but when it does, the early buffs get crazy.

Edit: a few games later, turn one Mistress of Mixtures into turn two Life Tap-trade-double Happy Ghoul.

TankUP

Also a bit interesting that I saw a decent amount of variety on ladder today. 12 Wild games, and 27 Standard games, and only faced Druid 7 times.

c783db838af5fd969f18933d5c36a028.png

I actually saw more Paladins than Druids!

Q8D3vil

Its amusing how i hear all this priest complaint by i rarely run into them in the ladder (r3 now).
Ez priest is almost auto win vs razakus anyway.

Top Bottom